Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to do su -
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to do su - Post 302746619 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 19th of December 2012 05:34:42 PM
Old 12-19-2012
your solution is right there:
Quote:
The user 'oradba' is not allowed to log direct into this host.
your administrator has configured the system this way...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to login

Hi Admin/Moderator, I am unable to login with my user id "chanakyahere", even it is not accepting my mail id to which i got one reply aso.. it is saying that i suppied "mail id that is not recognised".. please look forward regarding this problem.. i joined on last saturday i.e on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chanakya
1 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to

Unable to Activate ErnieS email id removed It just keeps sending me round in circles? And in true Unix fashion as soon as I post this it does.... Please ignore Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ErnieS
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to get help from man

Help, it seem that i am unable to get man help form solaris 10. I am running SunOS unknown 5.10 Generic_120012-14 i86pc i386 i86pc when ever i try to man a command what i get is "No manual entry" like the one below. # man grep No manual entry for grep. # man ls No manual entry for ls.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezsurf
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to register

I tried registering couple of times, and got the following message. Sorry, registration denied. We check new registrations against a database of known forum spammers. At this time, we are unable to contact this database to verify your registration. We are sorry for the inconvenience but please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josvasanth
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to use df -h

Hi , On one of my solaris server I getan error whenever I use df -h as below. df: unknown option: h Usage: df But this works on other servers.Please advise. Regards, VN (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narayanv
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to assign a value

I have written a shell script to calculate dbsize :- db2 "call get_dbsize_info(?,?,?,-1)" | sed -n '8p' | awk -F : '{print $2}' dbsize=`db2 "call get_dbsize_info(?,?,?,-1)" | sed -n '8p' | awk -F : '{print $2}'` echo $dbsize when I execute it the syntax works but it's not... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazydev
11 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to log in

Hi Mater, I get a message from your website Forums Rules that China user can't log in this forums for security reason. However, I am a new user for UNIX, and I have never touch the UNIX system before. So I think I am a friendly man for your rules. Critically, I need everyone help in this forums... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h_y754831
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to grep

I have a file with 2 lines of code Rome is in Romeo Romeo is in Rome How do I grep, so that only last line would be the outcome. sample output Romeo is in Rome I have tried with all possible greps but its resulting in both the lines in output. Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
6 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Unable to register

Unable to login. When trying to make fresh registration getting error that username is already used and when trying to use forget password journey then getting error message, "email address not registered". (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
1 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to extend LV

Hi all. I have a Logical volume that I can't extend, with this error message: server171:root:/root# lvextend -L +1024M -v /dev/aplic_vg/siteminderwa_lv Finding volume group aplic_vg Archiving volume group "aplic_vg" metadata (seqno 75). Extending logical volume siteminderwa_lv to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gabriander
0 Replies
TPM QUOTE 
TOOLS(8) TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8) NAME
TPM Quote Tools PROGRAMS
tpm_mkuuid, tpm_mkaik, tpm_loadkey, tpm_unloadkey, tpm_getpcrhash, tpm_updatepcrhash, tpm_getquote, tpm_verifyquote DESCRIPTION
TPM Quote Tools is a collection of programs that provide support for TPM based attestation using the TPM quote operation. A TPM contains a set of Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). In a well configured machine, some of these registers are set to known values during the boot up process or at other times. For example, a PCR might contain the hash of a boot loader in memory before it is run. The TPM quote operation is used to authoritatively verify the contents of a TPM's Platform Configuration Registers (PCRs). During provi- sioning, a composite hash of a selected set of PCRs is computed. The TPM quote operation produces a composite hash that can be compared with the one computed while provisioning. To use the TPM quote operation, keys must be generated. During provisioning, an Attestation Identity Key (AIK) is generated for each TPM, and the public part of the key is made available to entities that validate quotes. The TPM quote operation returns signed data and a signature. The data that is signed contains the PCRs selected for the operation, the composite hash for the selected PCRs, and a nonce provided as input, and used to prevent replay attacks. At provisioning time, the data that is signed is stored, not just the composite hash. The signature is discarded. An entity that wishes to evaluate a machine generates a nonce, and sends it along with the set of PCR used to generate the composite PCR hash at provisioning time. For this use of the TPM quote operation, the signed data is ignored, and the signature returned is used to val- idate the state of the TPM's PCRs. Given the signature, the evaluating entity replaces the nonce in the signed data generated at provi- sioning time, and checks to see if the signature is valid for the data. If so, this check ensures the selected PCRs contain values that match the ones measured during provisioning. A typical scenario for an enterprise using these tools follows. The tools expect AIKs to be referenced via one enterprise-wide Universally Unique Identifier (UUID). The program tpm_mkuuid creates one. For each machine being checked, an AIK is created using tpm_mkaik. The key blob produced is bound to the UUID on its machine using tpm_loadkey. The public key associated with the AIK is sent to the entities that verify quotes. Finally, the expected PCR composite hash is obtained using tpm_getpcrhash. When the expected PCR values change, a new hash can be generated with tpm_updatepcrhash. The program to obtain a quote, and thus measure the current state of the PCRs is tpm_getquote. The program that verifies the quote describes the same PCR composite hash as was measured initially is tpm_verifyquote. SEE ALSO
tpm_mkuuid(8), tpm_mkaik(8), tpm_loadkey(8), tpm_unloadkey(8), tpm_getpcrhash(8), tpm_updatepcrhash(8), tpm_getquote(8), tpm_verifyquote(8) Oct 2010 TPM QUOTE TOOLS(8)