Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Setting Password For PDF File--Linux Post 302745725 by MKR on Tuesday 18th of December 2012 12:59:12 AM
Old 12-18-2012
RedHat Setting Password For PDF File--Linux

Hi,

I am in need of help. My requirements are :
1) To convert the existing files (irrespective of their format) in a directory to PDF format
2) To make the converted files password protected.

I did the attempt to do the same. Though the existing files (irrespective of their format) are getting converted to pdf, but when I take the the to local desktop, it is not opening as its pops "format not supported".
I did as " mv $i* $i.pdf " (variable i which holds the existing file name alone).
I have no idea how to make it password protected.

Please help me asap.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in setting up password without Interaction.

Can anybody tell me how can I create an account without having to enter the password after editing the vipw file. I mean the system should automatically take care of the password encryption in the shadow file and I don't to enter the password again and the Account should be ready to go. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: syedifti
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Password Setting

Hi: Could I set the: - Login Time-out Interval - Password History Count - Lockout Duration - Lockout Threshold for user account in Sun Solaris 5.8. Thanks for your help (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlsun
6 Replies

3. Programming

Linux C - how to open a pdf file with default reader

sorry if i repost this... hi.. i want to ask how to open pdf files using C in Linux in Windows, i just use this code: ShellExecute(GetDesktopWindow(), "open", "D:\\Folder\\File.pdf", NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL); thanks for advance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunardo
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting password in ldap

Hi, I have installed open ldap according to the order from this video: YouTube - bowendenning's Channel sudo apt-get install slapd sudo apt-get install ldap-utils sudo apt-get install phpldapadmin The installaion was good. However it did NOT ask from me any password. After I enter to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies

5. Solaris

default password setting

Can anyone kindly explain to me the meaning of the default values of the code below please? Thank you very much #MINDIFF=3 #MINALPHA=2 #MINNONALPHA=1 #MINUPPER=0 #MINLOWER=0 #MAXREPEATS=0 #MINSPECIAL=0 #MINDIGIT=0 #WHITESPACE=YES (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

6. SuSE

Setting password complexity

Hi, I am setting password complexity in SLES 11. I am able to do most of things pam-config -d --pwcheck pam-config -a --cracklib pam-config -a --cracklib-minlen=8 pam-config -a --cracklib-dcredit=-1 pam-config -a --cracklib-ocredit=-1 pam-config -a --pwhistory pam-config -a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Problems setting password.

Hi All, I have a problem setting the password when I have to create a user and password as detailed below. username : gaacj01 password : oshopp01 username : gaacj02 password : oshopp02 username : gaacj03 password : oshopp03 username : gaacj04 password : oshopp04 username : gaacj05 ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittigolf
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scanning a pdf file in Linux shell

I want to search a keyword in a list of pdf files and when i find a match i want to write the title and author of that pdf file to another file. How will I do this using linux shell script? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SK33
7 Replies

9. HP-UX

Password compliance setting

I need to set password compliance for some servers in my company. However, the requirements are that we need to set different password policies for 3 different user groups within the company. These are : System Users: i.e root, etc Batch/Application Users: oracle, bscs, etc Standard User:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a text file and a pdf file from Linux command results.

Hello. The task : Using multiple commands like : gdisk -l $SOME_DISK >> $SOME_FILEI generate some text file. For readiness I must insert page break. When the program is finished I want to convert the final text file to a pdf file. When finished, I got two files : One text file and One pdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
PDFTOIPE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PDFTOIPE(1)

NAME
pdftoipe - Convert PDF files into editable Ipe format SYNOPSIS
pdftoipe { options } PDF file [ XML file ] DESCRIPTION
pdftoipe converts arbitrary PDF files to Ipe's XML format. Note that pdftoipe is not related to Ipe's use of the PDF file format. PDF files generated by Ipe contain an extra stream with Ipe markup information, which is necessary for Ipe to read the file again. If you wish to convert an Ipe-generated PDF-file to XML format, you should use ipetoipe -xml! pdftoipe is meant to allow you to take arbitrary PDF files and make them editable in Ipe. pdftoipe does a pretty good job on drawings, but doesn't handle text very well. Ipe's text model is based on LaTeX, which is just very different from the text found in most PDF files. -notext Ignore all text in the PDF file, convert graphics only -literal Allow Latex markup in text objects. The default is to escape all characters special in Latex. -math Use LaTeX math mode for all text in the PDF file -merge int Set the text merge level, an integer between 0 (the default) and 2. It determines how eagerly pdftoipe tries to combine consecutive text in the PDF document into a single Ipe text object. At level 0, only characters consecutively rendered in PDF are combined. At level 1, more text is combined. At level 2, all text is combined until a path or image is drawn. -unicode int Determine what should be done with non-ASCII characters in text. At level 0, all non-ASCII characters are represented as [U+XXX]. At level 1 (the default), some often used characters (such as bullets) are replaced by Latex equivalents, others are represented as [U+XXX]. At level 2, characters that are not replaced by Latex equivalents are included in UTF-8. At level 3, all characters are included as UTF-8. At level 2 and 3, UTF-8 is set as the input encoding in the Latex preamble of the generated Ipe document. Note that this only concerns characters for which the PDF file provides a mapping to Unicode. Characters from embedded fonts with- out Unicode mapping (such as symbol fonts) are always represented as [S+XX]. -f int First page to convert -l int Last page to convert -opw string Owner password for encrypted PDF files -upw string User password for encrypted PDF files -q Quiet mode (don't print any messages or errors) AUTHOR
Otfried Cheong REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs at http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/bugzilla.html SEE ALSO
More information about Ipe can be found in The Ipe Manual, available online at http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/manual/manual.html October 13, 2009 PDFTOIPE(1)