Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Is it possible to introduce a character using sed? Post 302743313 by Yoda on Wednesday 12th of December 2012 12:28:21 PM
Old 12-12-2012
Code:
echo 160845 | sed 's/\(..\)\(..\)/\1:\2:/'
16:08:45

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to introduce delay in the script??(urgent)

Hi all, i would like to know how to introduce a delay in the execution of a cmd? am trying to copy a file which is about 650 mb and then perform some actions on it.. however since its huge i would like to introduce a delay in exection until the process is over i dont want it to proceed to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Let my introduce myself and one doubt!!!!

Hello, My name is John. I am from Spain and I am learning Linux and how to use it. I hope to learn more in this forum. I am developing a new application, and I have a doubt: Can I read a file, line by line, in C programm? Best regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: webquinty
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED: Can't Repeat Search Character in SED Output

I'm not sure if the problem I'm seeing is an artifact of sed or simply a beginner's mistake. Here's the problem: I want to add a zero-width space following each underscore between XML tags. For example, if I had the following xml: <MY_BIG_TAG>This_is_a_test</MY_BIG_TAG> It should look like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhetoric101
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to introduce a space in a single column without distrubing the other columns

Hello Experts, I am new to this forum, I would like to do the following changes in one of the column of a txt file, which is having around 9 column. For example, column 3 is having letters like this AB11 AB12 C CA CB AC1 AC2 I would like to convert the same column as follows ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fredrick
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

In Sed how can I replace starting from the 7th character to the 15th character.

Hi All, Was wondering how I can do the following.... I have a String as follows "ACCTRL000005022RRWDKKEEDKDD...." This string can be in a file called tail.out or in a Variable called $VAR2 Now I have another variable called $VAR1="000004785" (9 bytes long), I need the content of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohullah
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Create files to introduce with ZFS

Hello, To learn ZFS, i try to create pool . and for that i want create 10 files with 512MB (because i dont have multiple disks and multiple controllers) ADMIT THAT THIS IS TEN HIGH-PERFORMANCE HARD DRIVES To get this 10 files,all of them have the same size : 512MB, I do these... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: delete on each line before a character and after a character

Hi there, A total sed noob here. Is there a way using sed to delete everything before a character AND after another character on each line in a file? The deletion should also delete the indicating characters(here: an opening and a closing parenthesis). The original file would look like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bnbsd
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to introduce the missing number sequentially?

Dear Help, I have an input file which looks like below 002 1000 2000 3000 003 2000 3000 4000 005 1000 2000 6000 I would like to have an output which inserts the missing number in sequential sorting as shown below... 001 0 0 0 002 1000 2000 3000 003 2000 3000 4000 004 0 0 0 005 1000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed searches a character string for a specified delimiter character, and returns a leading or traili

Hi, Anyone can help using SED searches a character string for a specified delimiter character, and returns a leading or trailing space/blank. Text file : "1"|"ExternalClassDEA519CF5"|"Art1" "2"|"ExternalClass563EA516C"|"Art3" "3"|"ExternalClass305ED16B8"|"Art9" ... ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)