Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mysqldump certain tables
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mysqldump certain tables Post 302742673 by Corona688 on Tuesday 11th of December 2012 12:23:24 PM
Old 12-11-2012
27 megabytes of what? Text from mysqldump? Any sort of compression should shrink that fantastically.

Instead of constantly using root to drop entire databases -- might just be the teensiest bit dangerous Smilie -- just list tables and delete them as the same user.
Code:
mysql -u username database -b --skip-column-names <<EOF > /tmp/$$-tables
SHOW TABLES
EOF

while read table
do
        echo "DROP TABLE $table"
done < /tmp/$$-tables | mysql -u username database
rm -f /tmp/$$-tables

And yeah, you can dump as many tables simultaneously as you want.

Code:
mysqldump -u username database table1 table2 table3 ...

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysqldump script without hardcode password

OS: Linux ambglx02 2.6.16.60-0.21-default #1 Tue May 6 12:41:02 UTC 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux Shell: bash Currently I have a mysqldump script to backup my mysql database, the command is as below: /opt/novell/mysql/bin/mysqldump --add-drop-table -u root -p -h mydb > /home/john/mydb.sql ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bulkbiz
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysqldump bus error - cored dumped

hi, I need to backup a database but I'm getting the error "bus error - core dumped" just after I run mysqldump command. The server has installed solaris 9. Any help would be appreciated (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dahr
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysqldump slowing down the process?

Hi All, I have a data calculation process-a perl script running each and every hour which will do some calculations on the data stored in a mysql server. Normally it tooks around 2minutes (max) to complete. But in case if i did any actions on the linux box where the database is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for mysqldump command

I want to take a backup of a database and redirect the output of the whole process to a log file. I am using the below command: mysqldump -A --add-drop-table > mysql-daily-backup.sql &> /tmp/backup_log/mysql.log Is there anything wrong with the syntax? ---------- Post updated at 08:32 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with my crontab file, using mysqldump

My crontab file tells cron to run a certain shell script at 10:30 AM every day. The shell script backs up my database with mysqldump and then runs a sed script that does some editing of the backup file. I have programmed the shell script to write an error message to a file I have in my home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysqldump rotate backup

I have a very simple script that uses a cron job to take a daily backup of our orders database. echo "Dumping ORDERS database"; mysqldump -u root --password='mypassword' -h '1.1.1.1' --opt --compress ORDERS $tbl_names > /Volumes/Files_Backup_1/db_backups/orders.sql echo "Copied database to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with automatically Import from special mysqldump

Hi @ all I need a little bit help with a tricky problem ... Here´s the situation: We´ve 2 MySQL-Servers, one is productive, the other is Backup. At the productive Server there runs every 2 hours a cron Job which does a Dump from MySQL-DB with script 'automysqlbackup.sh' and copy it then... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackcracker
7 Replies
GIT-PEEK-REMOTE(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-PEEK-REMOTE(1)

NAME
git-peek-remote - List the references in a remote repository SYNOPSIS
git peek-remote [--upload-pack=<git-upload-pack>] [<host>:]<directory> DESCRIPTION
This command is deprecated; use git ls-remote instead. OPTIONS
--upload-pack=<git-upload-pack> Use this to specify the path to git-upload-pack on the remote side, if it is not found on your $PATH. Some installations of sshd ignores the user's environment setup scripts for login shells (e.g. .bash_profile) and your privately installed git may not be found on the system default $PATH. Another workaround suggested is to set up your $PATH in ".bashrc", but this flag is for people who do not want to pay the overhead for non-interactive shells, but prefer having a lean .bashrc file (they set most of the things up in .bash_profile). <host> A remote host that houses the repository. When this part is specified, git-upload-pack is invoked via ssh. <directory> The repository to sync from. AUTHOR
Written by Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com[1]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Junio C Hamano. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. gitster@pobox.com mailto:gitster@pobox.com Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-PEEK-REMOTE(1)