Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD OpenBSD - list available packages ? Post 302740881 by vilius on Friday 7th of December 2012 03:52:23 AM
Old 12-07-2012
OpenBSD - list available packages ?

Hello,

pkg_info lists installed packages.
How do I list/search all available packages ?

thanks
Vilius M.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please help with openbsd 2.9

Please help. I have downloaded the openbsd 2.9 snapshot from ftp.openbsd.org. the following files were downloaded from the snapshot dir. ( the whole dir. was downloaded ) base29,bsd,bsd.rd,cdrom29.fs,cksum,comp29,etc29,all three floppy images,game29,index,install.ata,install.chs... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blunt_Killer
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenBSD: ports

Hi there.. I'm new to openbsd, and I recently tried the ports-system.. I downloaded the ports-tree from ftp, and unpacked it in /usr/ports Then I typed 'make search key=centericq' I got some info about it.. but it wasn't the latest version.. the version I use at my gentoo linux box, is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maestin
6 Replies

3. BSD

Trying to get into OpenBSD

I am an eight year Linux user and after getting into an argument with someone about OpenBSD overiding my theory that OS security is 50% OS and 50% admin skill, I decided to try OpenBSD for myself. I've tried BSDs before and haven't been able to get into them for day to dy use, but I am going to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

4. BSD

openbsd-pf

hello , I wondered if anyone could assist me in writing a simple packet filter firewall on my OpenBSD v4.5. All I intend doing is to have two firewalling machine on a separate network : 192.168.1.1 ext_if = xl0 (dhcp) // Internet interface int_if=xl1 // Internatl interface ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattjam
0 Replies

5. Slackware

Find Slackware Packages - packages.acl.org.ua

Hi! Let me introduce a project for find and download Slackware packages and browse Slackware repositories. The site provides following features: * Large, daily updated database with RPM, DEB, TGZ, TXZ packages for well-known repositories of the Slackware, Fedora, CentOS, RHEL, Debian,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lystor
2 Replies

6. BSD

Question: OpenBSD command line for checking list of library used by daemon

Hi All, I would like to ask what is the command line on OpenBSD which able to be used to check the list of library which used by specific daemon? For example, I would like to check what are the libraries which are used by ftpd. Thank you in advance. Regards, Stefan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcxpics
2 Replies

7. BSD

OpenBSD pf problems

I am having troubles with this pf configuration, it seems when loaded nothing can access my server on the internal interface for the LAN, I cannot see why, and it's pretty much based off the very standard example in the OpenBSD faq. When I unload the configuration, I can access the DNS server on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
0 Replies

8. BSD

PF troubles on OpenBSD 5.0

I am setting up a system as an ADSL gateway. ADSL is working fine. PF is not forwarding for some reason. # ifconfig lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 33196 priority: 0 groups: lo inet6... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
0 Replies

9. Solaris

how to find the list of all packages present in a directory

Hi I'm in a directory named /tmp/mq7 i need to upgrade the mq version from 6 to 7 but im not sure where is the package located ? which command in solaris will show me the list of all the packages present in the directory /tmp/mq7 ? my box is running with solaris version 10. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with pattern matching to list missing packages

I have wrote this small program to check for installed and missing packages in LINUX (RHEL x86_64) For now it perfectly prints all the installed and missing packages however I want that it loops through to the end (in either case) and list all packages however if one or more packages are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dazzler74
5 Replies
PKG_SUMMARY(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    PKG_SUMMARY(5)

NAME
pkg_summary -- summary of binary package repository DESCRIPTION
The file pkg_summary contains information about each package in a binary package repository as a list of variable-value pairs. The variables describing different packages are separated by one empty line. Each line has the format VARIABLE=VALUE. If the value consists of more than one line, each line is prefixed with VARIABLE=. Multi-line variables are guaranteed to be in consecutive lines. The following variables are used: BUILD_DATE (required) The date and time when the package was built. CATEGORIES (required) A list of categories which this package fits in, separated by space. COMMENT (required) A one-line description of the package. CONFLICTS (optional) A list of dewey patterns of packages the package conflicts with, one per line. If missing, this package has no conflicts. DEPENDS (optional) A list of dewey patterns of packages the package depends on, one per line. If missing, this package has no dependencies. DESCRIPTION (required) A more detailed description of the package. FILE_CKSUM (optional) A checksum type supported by digest(1) and checksum separated by space character. FILE_NAME (optional) The name of the binary package file. If not given, PKGNAME.tgz can be assumed. FILE_SIZE (optional) The size of the binary package file, in bytes. HOMEPAGE (optional) A URL where more information about the package can be found. LICENSE (optional) The type of license this package is distributed under. If empty or missing, it is OSI-approved. MACHINE_ARCH (required) The architecture on which the package was compiled. OPSYS (required) The operating system on which the package was compiled. OS_VERSION (required) The version of the operating system on which the package was compiled. PKG_OPTIONS (optional) Any options selected to compile this package. If missing, the package does not support options. PKGNAME (required) The name of the package. PKGPATH (required) The path of the package directory within pkgsrc. PKGTOOLS_VERSION (required) The version of the package tools used to create the package. PREV_PKGPATH (optional) The previous path of the package directory within pkgsrc when a package was moved. (See SUPERSEDES below for a renamed package.) PROVIDES (optional) A list of shared libraries provided by the package, including major version number, one per line. If missing, this pack- age does not provide shared libraries. REQUIRES (optional) A list of shared libraries needed by the package, including major version number, one per line. If missing, this package does not require shared libraries. SIZE_PKG (required) The size of the package when installed, in bytes. SUPERSEDES (optional) A list of dewey patterns of previous packages this package replaces, one per line. This is used for package renaming. The pkg_summary file can be generated using the pkg_info(1) -X option. For example, the following will list this data for all installed packages: pkg_info -X -a SEE ALSO
digest(1), pkg_info(1) HISTORY
The pkg_summary format was first officially documented in April 2006. BSD
April 11, 2009 BSD