Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reg:SFTP
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Reg:SFTP Post 302740479 by saggiboy10 on Thursday 6th of December 2012 08:28:43 AM
Old 12-06-2012
Reg:SFTP

I have a query in regards to SFTP....We have a SFTP ID/PWD, so say if the password changes

Would it fail my SFTP?

SFTP uses public/private keys for authentication right? So would it endanger my existing process????

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

reg:rm -R is not working

I am installing the my package in SCO unix 5.0 .so it will create some temporary directories and files and same will delete.So , 'rm -R ' is not working in system .in the package only it has given this command,so now without this command working we can not go forward. so kindly help in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokri_1980
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reg files

Dear all, One of our jobs retrieves data from tables and writes it to files. This job was running for around 15 minutes for the past 8 months. Now, this job is runnig for 45-50 minutes. I checked with the DBA's and found no issues with database. The time taken by to job to write to the file is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reg DB values

Hi, I would like to call my Data Base procedure through unix, my procedure returns 4 values i.e. (4 out variables), how to assign 4 out variables to unix variables. Ex: xxat_safety_stock_main_p( retcode => l_retcode ,errbuf => l_errbuf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpkirankumar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a help reg -d in shell

hi, I am using this to get previous month `date -d"1 month ago" "+%m"` But will it work for january?..will it return 12? Please advice. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanathi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg expression For

HI system.sysUpTime.0 : Timeticks: (1519411311) 175 days, 20:35:13.11 From the above output i need only 175days in a perl script.. Please Help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg sftp in shell script

Hi, I want to retrieve files from an sftp site and place it a directory in unix server. When I try to connect, it is asking password even if i hardcode it in the script.I want to automate the script. Could anyone tell me how to avoid password prompt. #!/bin/sh # sample automatic ftp script... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhya_vec
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Reg. VXVM

Hi Guys, I have a doubt either to Reboot the server after Replacing the disk0. I have two disks under vxvm root mirrored and i had a problem with primary disk so i replace the disk0 failed primary disk and then mirrored. After mirroring is it reboot required ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes(3pm)

NAME
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes - File/directory attribute container SYNOPSIS
use Net::SFTP::Foreign; my $a1 = Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes->new(); $a1->set_size($size); $a1->set_ugid($uid, $gid); my $a2 = $sftp->stat($file) or die "remote stat command failed: ".$sftp->status; my $size = $a2->size; my $mtime = $a2->mtime; DESCRIPTION
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes encapsulates file/directory attributes for Net::SFTP::Foreign. It also provides serialization and deserialization methods to encode/decode attributes into Net::SFTP::Foreign::Buffer objects. USAGE
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes->new() Returns a new "Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes" object. Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes->new_from_buffer($buffer) Creates a new attributes object and populates it with information read from $buffer. $attrs->as_buffer Serializes the Attributes object $attrs into a buffer object. $attrs->flags returns the value of the flags field. $attrs->size returns the values of the size field or undef if it is not set. $attrs->uid returns the value of the uid field or undef if it is not set. $attrs->gid returns the value of the gid field or undef if it is not set. $attrs->perm returns the value of the permissions field or undef if it is not set. See also "stat" in perlfunc for instructions on how to process the returned value with the Fcntl module. For instance, the following code checks if some attributes object corresponds to a directory: use Fctnl qw(S_ISDIR); ... if (S_ISDIR($attr->perm)) { # it is a directory! } $attrs->atime returns the value of the atime field or undef if it is not set. $attrs->mtime returns the value of the mtime field or undef if it is not set. %extended = $attr->extended returns the vendor-dependent extended attributes $attrs->set_size($size) sets the value of the size field, or if $size is undef removes the field. The flags field is adjusted accordingly. $attrs->set_perm($perm) sets the value of the permsissions field or removes it if the value is undefined. The flags field is also adjusted. $attr->set_ugid($uid, $gid) sets the values of the uid and gid fields, or removes them if they are undefined values. The flags field is adjusted. This pair of fields can not be set separatelly because they share the same bit on the flags field and so both have to be set or not. $attr->set_amtime($atime, $mtime) sets the values of the atime and mtime fields or remove them if they are undefined values. The flags field is also adjusted. $attr->set_extended(%extended) sets the vendor-dependent extended attributes $attr->append_extended(%more_extended) adds more pairs to the list of vendor-dependent extended attributes COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2008 Salvador Fandin~o. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-11 Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes(3pm)