Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat KusuDB: Operational Error occurred when connecting to the DB Post 302740353 by ahsanpmd on Thursday 6th of December 2012 04:29:55 AM
Old 12-06-2012
KusuDB: Operational Error occurred when connecting to the DB

I have RHEL5.3 that is with the Platform Cluster Manger PCM installation. on master node. Unfortunately some files were deleted from the /var directory and then the postgresql service couldn't start. I have deleted, rm -rf /var/lib/pgsql/data and started the service again now the service is running but I cannot run some administrative commands including cluster tasks (which are very important).

for example
Code:
[root@pmd02 ~]# addhost
KusuDB: Operational Error occurred when connecting to the DB
       Most likely cause: insufficient permissions for user=nobody
FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "nobody"

ERROR:  Database query failed!  Make sure the database is available

How can I get rid of this error. I cannot afford reinstallation of PCM as many applications are running on the master node.

Last edited by Scott; 12-06-2012 at 05:35 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftp, telnet etc. not operational?

Well I have the programs and everything and the program itself seems to work, but they don't seem to be operateble. I ALWAYS get connection refused on everything. ftp, telnet, rlogin, ssh etc. So it must have something to do with some setting that doesn't allow connections to external hosts or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
6 Replies

2. Red Hat

rhn_register A socket error occurred

All, I'm getting the following error while I try to register the server to connect the redhat network for the updates. rhn_register updateLoginInfo() login info rhn_register A socket error occurred: (111, 'Connection refused'), attempt #1 rhn_register A socket error occurred: (111,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort: 0653-657 A write error occurred while sorting.

Hi I am trying to sort a file of 88075743B size. I am doing some processing on the file and after the processing is done; I get 2 files temp1 and temp2. I need to combine both these files as one and this final file should be sorted on fields 1 and 2. Space is the delimiter between fields. Record... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diksha2207
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep only last occurred error in error.log,

hi folk i need your help to find one logic.... i have error log same as any other error logs which get populated by no of events and errors... but i need to grep the last occured errors.. which cant be duplicate. here is my script. ======================== #!/usr/bin/ksh grep -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Error occurred while making the net-snmp 5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version.

Hi all, Error occurred while making the net-snmp-5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version. Environment - Solaris 5.10-x86 - Net-SNMP-5.4.4.tar.gz - Path (/etc/profile) PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATHUSR=/usr/ccs/bin: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH Error01 - summary ***... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziosnim
3 Replies

6. AIX

0511-193 An error occurred

Hi, When i am trying to read data from tape cassette its giving below error: tar tvf /dev/rmt0 "tar: 0511-193 An error occurred while reading from the media. A system call received a parameter that is not valid." OS: - AIX 6.1 Tape Library : - IBM TS3100 Tape Cassette : - Ultrium LTO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunmistry
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Hi , I was invoking a sh file using the nohup command. But while invoking, I received a below error. Error occurred during initialization of VM Unable to load native library: /u01/libjava.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory . Could you please help out. Regards,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kamal1108
2 Replies
NDBMTD(8)						       MySQL Database System							 NDBMTD(8)

NAME
ndbmtd - the MySQL Cluster data node daemon (multi-threaded version) SYNOPSIS
ndbmtd options DESCRIPTION
ndbmtd is a multi-threaded version of ndbd, the process that is used to handle all the data in tables using the NDBCLUSTER storage engine. ndbmtd is intended for use on host computers having multiple CPU cores. Except where otherwise noted, ndbmtd functions in the same way as ndbd; therefore, in this section, we concentrate on the ways in which ndbmtd differs from ndbd, and you should consult ndbd(8), for additional information about running MySQL Cluster data nodes that apply to both the single-threaded and multi-threaded versions of the data node process. Command-line options and configuration parameters used with ndbd also apply to ndbmtd. For more information about these options and parameters, see ndbd(8), and Section 17.3.2.6, "Defining MySQL Cluster Data Nodes", respectively. ndbmtd is also file system-compatible with ndbd. In other words, a data node running ndbd can be stopped, the binary replaced with ndbmtd, and then restarted without any loss of data. (However, when doing this, you must make sure that MaxNoOfExecutionThreads is set to an apppriate value before restarting the node if you wish for ndbmtd to run in multi-threaded fashion.) Similarly, an ndbmtd binary can be replaced with ndbd simply by stopping the node and then starting ndbd in place of the multi-threaded binary. It is not necessary when switching between the two to start the data node binary using --initial. Using ndbmtd differs from using ndbd in two key respects: 1. Because ndbmtd runs by default in single-threaded mode (that is, it behaves like ndbd), you must configure it to use multiple threads. This can be done by setting an appropriate value in the config.ini file for the MaxNoOfExecutionThreads configuration parameter or (in MySQL Cluster NDB 7.2.3 and later) the ThreadConfig configuration parameter. Using MaxNoOfExecutionThreads is simpler, but ThreadConfig offers more flexibility. For more information about these configuration parameters and their use, see Multi-Threading Configuration Parameters (ndbmtd). 2. Trace files are generated by critical errors in ndbmtd processes in a somewhat different fashion from how these are generated by ndbd failures. These differences are discussed in more detail in the next few paragraphs. Like ndbd, ndbmtd generates a set of log files which are placed in the directory specified by DataDir in the config.ini configuration file. Except for trace files, these are generated in the same way and have the same names as those generated by ndbd. In the event of a critical error, ndbmtd generates trace files describing what happened just prior to the error' occurrence. These files, which can be found in the data node's DataDir, are useful for analysis of problems by the MySQL Cluster Development and Support teams. One trace file is generated for each ndbmtd thread. The names of these files have the following pattern: ndb_node_id_trace.log.trace_id_tthread_id, In this pattern, node_id stands for the data node's unique node ID in the cluster, trace_id is a trace sequence number, and thread_id is the thread ID. For example, in the event of the failure of an ndbmtd process running as a MySQL Cluster data node having the node ID 3 and with MaxNoOfExecutionThreads equal to 4, four trace files are generated in the data node's data directory. If the is the first time this node has failed, then these files are named ndb_3_trace.log.1_t1, ndb_3_trace.log.1_t2, ndb_3_trace.log.1_t3, and ndb_3_trace.log.1_t4. Internally, these trace files follow the same format as ndbd trace files. The ndbd exit codes and messages that are generated when a data node process shuts down prematurely are also used by ndbmtd. See ndbd Error Messages[1], for a listing of these. Note It is possible to use ndbd and ndbmtd concurrently on different data nodes in the same MySQL Cluster. However, such configurations have not been tested extensively; thus, we cannot recommend doing so in a production setting at this time. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. NOTES
1. ndbd Error Messages http://dev.mysql.com/doc/ndbapi/en/ndbd-error-messages.html SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 NDBMTD(8)