Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [SOLVED] Rename multiple files Post 302740017 by Corona688 on Wednesday 5th of December 2012 10:26:30 AM
Old 12-05-2012
Well, the way they're sorted, they don't really sort numerically. No sort command I can think of is going to grok floating point numbers in exponential notation.

So the usual trick is to rename them into something that will sort.

Are there any positive exponents or only negative ones? Any negative numbers or only positive ones? What do they look like?

Last edited by Corona688; 12-05-2012 at 11:33 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename multiple files

Hello, I want to rename multiple files at a time and I don't know how to do it. I have various ".mp3" files, like "band name - music name.mp3" and I want to remove the "band name" from all files. Anybody knows how to do it using shell script or sed or even perl? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: luiz_fer10
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename multiple files

Hi all, I have some files like: pickup.0000043200.t001.t001.data pickup.0000043200.t001.t002.data pickup.0000043200.t002.t001.data pickup.0000043200.t002.t002.data pickup.0000043200.t003.t001.data pickup.0000043200.t003.t002.data I need to rename these files to ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_dor8
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to rename multiple files

Hi all, I have some files like: pickup.0000043200.t001.t001.data pickup.0000043200.t001.t002.data pickup.0000043200.t002.t001.data pickup.0000043200.t002.t002.data pickup.0000043200.t003.t001.data pickup.0000043200.t003.t002.data I need to rename these files to ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_dor8
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with multiple files rename...

Hi everyone, I'm very green in Linux. Please help me to solve my problem. I have thousands of files and I want to change their names. They have naming convection: prefix_date_date+1_suffix.nc prefix: ext-GLORY date_date+1: 20020101_20020102 and two types of suffix: gridV_R20020130 and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: makikicindy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename the multiple files

Hi I need to reanme the multiple file using unix script I have multiple file like: sample_YYYYMMDD.xls test new_YYYYMMDD.xls simple_YYYYMMDD.xls I need to rename this file sample.xls testnew.xls SIMPLE.xls thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: murari83.ds
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename multiple files

hello: I have multiple files with names like: somestring_y2010m01d01 somestring_y2010m01d02 .......... somestring_y2010m12d31 How... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sylcam
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename Multiple Files

Hey guys, I am the definition of a newbie. I am in the process of trying to rip all my dvds onto a new HTPC I setup. While doing this, I am also trying to organize a bunch of other files I already have to proper naming conventions. So far I have just been naming each file separately (I am on a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ralze34
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Search, Extract and Rename Multiple Files

Hi, I want perl script for the below requirement. We have lot of files like below name in the directory 750464921-RE-file2.csv 750452173-RE-file1.csv 750385426-RE-file3.csv 750373470-RE-file4.csv And also we have another file as "Group.csv" in the same directory as per the below format... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: armsaran
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename a multiple files

I have multiple files in folder which i want to rename. hence I am using the below command in my script by I get an error: export XXX_LOG_DIR="${LOG_DIR}/${XXX_HOST}/xxx/${REPORT_DATE}" mv $XXX_LOG_DIR/*.audit.gz $XXX_LOG_DIR/*.audit.log.gz But I get the below error: mv: target... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karan8810
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies
geom(1)                                                                                                                                    geom(1)

NAME
geom - analyzes a molecular geometry input in Cartesian coordinates. DESCRIPTION
The program geom reads a set of Cartesian coordinates and determines from them the bond distances (Bohr and angstrom), bond angles, tor- sional angles, out-of-plane angles (optional), moments of inertia, and rotational constants. FILES REQUIRED
input.dat - Input file and one of the following: geom.dat - geometry file file11.dat - PSI-format geometry/gradient file FILES GENERATED
geom.out - file containing the analysis INPUT OPTIONS
The geom program has the following options: -h Print help information (these options). -aces [filename] Read the input in an ACES output format, with each line consisting of atomic symbol, atomic number, and Cartesian coordinates (in Bohr). The optional argument is the name of the geometry input file, which defaults to geom.dat. -qchem [filename] Read the input in an QCHEM output format, with each line consisting of the atom number, the atomic symbol, and Cartesian coordinates (in Angstroms). The optional argument is the name of the geometry input file, which defaults to geom.dat. -xyz [filename] Read the input in an XYZ output format. The first line contains the number of atoms and the second line is a comment line. Subse- quent lines each contain the atomic symbol and Cartesian X Y and Z coordinates (in Angstroms). The optional argument is the name of the geometry input file, which defaults to geom.dat. -oop Print out-of-plane angles, where the angle a-b-c-d is defined as the angle formed by the vector a-d and the plane defined by atoms b, c, and d. DO_OOP = boolean Same as command-line switch -oop described above. ISOTOPES = matrix of reals/strings Used to specify masses to be used in the calculation of the center of mass and rotational constants. One array is provided for each isotopomer to be calculated. The arrays can mix floating point numbers with strings which designate isotopes. If this array is not given and file11.dat is present, then the masses will be obtained by converting the atomic numbers in file11. If masses are not given by ISOTOPES or by file11, then no mass-related quantities will be calculated. -g [filename] Read Cartesian coordinates from a file other than file11.dat. If a filename is not given, the default is geom.dat. The alternative file is assumed to be in a format similar to that of PSI's geom.dat. Since such files do not contain atomic numbers, the moments of inertia and rotational constants are not calculated if this option is used. READ_GEOM = boolean This option in input.dat tells geom to read the geometry from geom.dat in the PSI geom.dat format. -a Print parameters for all pair distances. PRINT_ALL_DIST = boolean Same as -a flag described above. -d distance Only print parameters involving pairs of atoms which are less than distance bohr apart (default value is 4.0 bohr). PRINT_DISTANCE = value Same as -d flag described above. -angstrom The input coordinates are in angstroms, not bohr. ANGSTROM = boolean If TRUE, the input coordinates are in angstroms instead of bohr. The default is FALSE. The following example is for calculating the geometrical information for water with several different isotopes. The geometry is read from geom.dat rather than from file11.dat. geom: ( read_geom = true isotopes = ( (O H H) (O D D) (O18 1.007825 1.007825) ) ) 5 June, 1998 geom(1)