Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: xlib and keyboard events
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users xlib and keyboard events Post 302720873 by N7DR on Wednesday 24th of October 2012 06:09:49 PM
Old 10-24-2012
It turns out that the change to XGrabKeyboard() is still not quite doing the right thing :-(

Now keyboard events from ALL windows are being sent to my application, even though I specifically use the correct window ID for the xterm in the call to XGrabKeyboard().

So I'm back to asking what I'm doing wrong :-(

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I map Unix keyboard for PC keyboard

A Solaris AXI 440 machine with Solaris 8 version. I have PC users who use an emulation to login to the Solaris server. How can I change the keyboard mapping of the Sun keyboard to fit to the PC keyboard ? Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simhab
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to get capture input events from keyboard and mouse

Hi, Is there any way to capture/record the input events from keyboard, as well as from mouse using C. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yhacks
4 Replies

3. Programming

Xlib mouse events and ButtonPressMask

I have written a simple program which will report key press and release events for a particular window. In my case, it is mostly the terminal since I invoke the program from the terminal. I am able to get the key press and release events taking place in the terminal window (I have used... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav.zoso
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies

5. Programming

Xlib registering

hey, Im new to the linux world. Lately, I have tried to create a glx window with xlib, making it a popup window(fullscreen) so I set override_redirect to true. Im happy with the removed borders, but apparantly, the application doesnt show up in the left bar in ubuntu, neither when I press alt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thedardanius
4 Replies
lxterm(1)						      General Commands Manual							 lxterm(1)

NAME
lxterm - locale-sensitive wrapper for xterm SYNOPSIS
lxterm [ xterm-options ] DESCRIPTION
lxterm is a wrapper around the xterm(1) program that invokes xterm, koi8rxterm(1), or uxterm(1) as appropriate, based on the user's locale setting. All arguments to lxterm are passed to xterm without processing; the -class, -k8, and -u8 options should not be specified because they are used by koi8rxterm and uxterm. See the xterm manual page for more information on xterm-options. The locale(1) utility is used to determine the character set used by the current locale. If the character set is UTF-8, uxterm is invoked; if the character set is KOI8-R, koi8rxtem is invoked; otherwise, 'plain' xterm is invoked. AUTHOR
Branden Robinson SEE ALSO
locale(1), koi8rxterm(1), uxterm(1), xterm(1) Debian Project 2004-12-19 lxterm(1)