Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OFS in awk
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers OFS in awk Post 302720087 by MIA651 on Tuesday 23rd of October 2012 01:05:30 PM
Old 10-23-2012
You're a genius, itkamaraj!

---------- Post updated at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:03 PM ----------

Elixir, the length will be ultimately shortened with the leading zeros trimmed in the 3rd and 4th column.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OFS in awk

Hi, I have these out put field seperator changed to "|" in my awk command, but it didn't give me the result. Can someone help me find out why? ======================================= /bin/awk 'BEGIN { OFS="|" } { print $0 }' list.tmp.$$ > listtmp.$$ =======================================... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatsfordinner
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

OFS in awk.

OFS is inbuild command in awk. I have a file file.txt abc : def : ghi jkl : mno: pqr stu : vwx :yzz code i used: awk -F ":" 'BEGIN {OFS="|"} {print $1,$2}' file.txt output: abc def jkl mno stu vwx but as i have used OFS="|" and i am expecting output as: abc | def jkl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salil2012
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - OFS

Hi All, I have a comma seperated delimited file with 10 columns. I need to convert it into TAB seperated delimited file. awk -F"," '{print $1"\t"$2"\t"$3"\t"$4"\t"$5"\t"$6"\t"$7"\t"$8"\t"$9"\t"$10}' a.txt >> b.txt how to use OFS to get the same output. I have tried by googling, but it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML in awk : OFS does not work as expected

Hi, I am trying to parse regular XML file where I have to reduce number of decimal points in some xml elements. I am using following AWK command to achive that : #!/bin/ksh EDITCMD='BEGIN { FS = ""; OFS=FS } { if ( $3 ~ "*\\.*" && length(substr($3,1+index($3,"."))) == 15 ) {... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: martin.franek
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with AWK and OFS

I have a file that looks like this: Infile.seq I want to output the DNA sequence and add the filename as the identifier. The output file should look like this: I am using the following code but I do not understand why the sequence is not in the output: awk 'BEGIN { RS =... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk OFS issues

Hi Im trying to tidy up the output of a who command when it writes to a log, everything I've tried doesnt seem to work though, any help would be massively appreciated. Im using the awk command to set the OFS as tab. #!/bin/bash who >> /export/home/tjmoore/logusers awk -F 'BEGIN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk OFS issues

Hi, Could anyone tell me what Im doing wrong here any help will be much appreciated #!/bin/bash ls -ltr /export/home/tjmoore > /export/home/tjmoore/log100 awk -F " " /export/home/tjmoore/log100 'BEGIN {OFS="\t";} {print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5, $6,$7,$8,$9;}' > /export/home/tjmoore/log1001 I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 02JayJay02
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

OFS print awk

file: sasa|asasa|asasa|asas erer|Erer|rere|ererer Output needed : sasa:asasa:asasa:asas erer:Erer:rere:ererer Im getting output, when i use the $1,$2. awk -F'|' 'BEGIN{OFS=":";} {print $1,$2; }' file Output : sasa:asasa erer:Erer But when i need the whole column, i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh M
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

OFS does not apply to few records in awk

Hi , I am having a problem with my awk oneliner , which for some reason leaves the first two records Input File $ cat file1 A1:B1:C1:NoLimit M1:M2:M3:Limit A2:B2:C2,C3,C4,C5 A3:B3:C3,C4,C5,C6,C7Desired output A1,B1,C1,NoLimit M1,M2,M3,Limit A2,B2,C2 ,,,C3 ,,,C4 ,,,C5 A3,B3,C3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - OFS printing duplicate. Why?

Why the following code printing duplicate records? bash-4.1$ cat rm1 c1 c2 c3 l1 2 3 4 l2 2 3 2 bash-4.1$ awk '{print $0} OFS = "\n"' rm1 c1 c2 c3 c1 c2 c3 l1 2 3 4 l1 2 3... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
4 Replies
PHOTON(1)																 PHOTON(1)

NAME
photon - generates photo albums SYNOPSIS
photon [OPTIONS] [PATH] DESCRIPTION
Photon generates clean, yet configurable, static HTML photo galleries. All of the work is done from the command line, and the resulting output can easily be configured by changing the template files found in /usr/share/photon/templates. To create a new template (skin), first create a new directory: mkdir -p ${HOME}/.photon/templates/my_theme/ Then copy the contents of /usr/share/photon/templates/photonv1/ to this new directory. Photon only needs three files to build pages: index.html used to display the content of a folder image.html used to display the page for an image movie.html used to display the page for a movie If a file is missing, then photon will throw an error and will not run. HOW TO BUILD A GALLERY
Quick start $ photon -o myoutputdir /photos Use the gimp plugin $ photon --resize-plugin=gimp -v -o myoutputdir /photos Change the size for all images and the thumbnail and keep the original photo $ photon --sizelist=0,1600x1200,800x600 --thumbsize=320x240 -o myoutputdir /photos Create a gallery from your custom template (skin) $ photon -k my_theme -o myoutputdir /photos See photon help $ photon --help OPTIONS
-a | --awstats Insert Javascript for Awstats --awstats-url=URL Change default value for Awstats script url -c NAME | --comment Name of the comment file (default .comments) -d NUM | --display-columns=NUM Number of columns in index (default 3) -E | --no-exif Don't include EXIF information in HTML file -f | --force Overwrite non-image generated files (html, javascript, etc) (default no) -ff | --force --force Overwrite image files (default no) -h | --help Print this help -I | --no-index Do not generate the high level index.html -J | --no-javascript Do not use javascript (no shortcuts, ... ) -k | --skin=THEME Skin selector (default photonv1) --print-skins Print out available skins (templates) -l NUM | --display-lines=NUM Number of lines in index (default 5) -m | --movie Movie mode, include link to movie (*.mov) -o NAME | --output-directory=NAME Name of the output directory -s LIST | --sizelist=LIST Image sizes (default 0,1024x768,800x600,640x480). Zero, which is the default, uses the original resolution. W x H specifies the width and height of the image in pixels. -t SIZE | --thumbsize=SIZE Size of thumbnails (default 160x120) -v | --verbose Verbosely print information -V | --version Print program version number -z | --compress Compress the original image if selected (default copy the image) --exif-bordercolor=COLOR Exif window border color (default #008000) --exif-bgcolor=COLOR Exif window background color (default #f0fff0) --exif-fgcolor=COLOR Exif window text color (default black) --body-bgcolor=COLOR Body background color (default #ccccff) --img-bgcolor=COLOR Image background color (default white) --exclude=PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN --resize-plugin=PLUG Where PLUG is the program used to create thumbnails internal: fastest method (default) gimp: use Gimp>1.x (better quality) --resize-quality-low=NUM Quality for small image. 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --resize-quality-high=NUM Quality for big image 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --gimp-program=PROG use PROG for gimp SHORTCUTS WHILE VIEWING AN IMAGE
n/SPACE Go to the next image (with the same resolution) p/BACKSPACE Go to the previous image (with the same resolution) s Start/Stop the slideshow +/- Increase/Decrease by one second the slideshow's period h Show shortcut and help i Show Exif information z Change to the higher resolution [NOT YET IMPLEMENTED] SEE ALSO
gimp(1) AUTHOR
Written by Luc Saillard, <luc@saillard.org> Main web site: http://www.saillard.org/programs_and_patches/photon/ This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian project but may be used by others. 12/16/2006 PHOTON(1)