Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SQL db check
Top Forums Web Development SQL db check Post 302713965 by Corona688 on Thursday 11th of October 2012 12:55:36 PM
Old 10-11-2012
Yes, that one would be.

Hardcode your own simple one with fixed connection details and it won't be vulnerable to injection.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling SQL LDR and SQL plus scripts in a shell script

Hi- I am trying to achieve the following in a script so I can schedule it on a cron job. I am fairly new to the unix environment... I have written a shell script that reads a flat file and loads the data into an Oracle table (Table1) via SQLLDR. This Works fine. Then, I run a nested insert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajagavini
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL Connection check though Scripting

Hi Guys, I wanted to check the sql connection through scripting if it is avilable then proceed else stop the process I was trying sqlplus -L username/passwd@sid if this is not sucess it gives non-zero. but if it is success it is going into the sqlplus prompt. So how could i get out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix variables from sql / pl/sql

How do I dynamically assign the below output to unix shell variables so I can build a menu in a shell script? Example: var1 = 1 var2= SYSTEM var3 = 2 var4= UNDOTBS1 and so on, then in the shell script I can use the variables to build a menu. set serveroutput on declare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehres
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple SQL scripts from single SQL Plus connection

Hi! I would like to do a single connection to sqlplus and execute some querys. Actually I do for every query one connection to database i.e echo 'select STATUS from v$instance; exit' > $SQL_FILE sqlplus user/pass@sid @$SQL_FILE > $SELECT_RESULT echo 'select VERSION from v$instance;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call parallel sql scripts from shell and return status when both sql are done

Hi Experts: I have a shell script that's kicked off by cron. Inside this shell script, I need to kick off two or more oracle sql scripts to process different groups of tables. And when both sql scripts are done, I will continue in the shell script to do other things like checking processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huasheng8
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Junk character in sql file

Hello, I have two .sql files which I transferred from Windows to Unix (Linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3).I want to ensure that these two files have no junk characters in them.How do I do it in the simplest possible way? Many thanks DJ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Digjoy83
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check SQL through UNIX shell script

I use below command to log in to oracle database sqlplus username/passwordWhen i enter into sql prompt i press quitIf there are any errors it will show just below the output of sqlplus username/password. The errors generally start with keyword ORA can we do this by using a unix shell script.?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies
MYSQLND_MS_XA_BEGIN(3)							 1						    MYSQLND_MS_XA_BEGIN(3)

mysqlnd_ms_xa_begin - Starts a distributed/XA transaction among MySQL servers

SYNOPSIS
int mysqlnd_ms_xa_begin (mixed $connection, string $gtrid, [int $timeout]) DESCRIPTION
Starts a XA transaction among MySQL servers. PECL/mysqlnd_ms acts as a transaction coordinator the distributed transaction. Once a global transaction has been started, the plugin injects appropriate XA BEGIN SQL statements on all MySQL servers used in the fol- lowing. The global transaction is either ended by calling mysqlnd_ms_xa_commit(3), mysqlnd_ms_xa_rollback(3) or by an implicit rollback in case of an error. During a global transaction, the plugin tracks all server switches, for example, when switching from one MySQL shard to another MySQL shard. Immediately before a query is run on a server that has not been participating in the global transaction yet, XA BEGIN is executed on the server. From a users perspective the injection happens during a call to a query execution function such as mysqli_query(3). Should the injection fail an error is reported to the caller of the query execution function. The failing server does not become a participant in the global transaction. The user may retry executing a query on the server and hereby retry injecting XA BEGIN, abort the global transaction because not all required servers can participate, or ignore and continue the global without the failed server. Reasons to fail executing XA BEGIN include but are not limited to a server being unreachable or the server having an open, concurrent XA transaction using the same xid. Please note, global and local transactions are mutually exclusive. You cannot start a XA transaction when you have a local transaction open. The local transaction must be ended first. The plugin tries to detect this conflict as early as possible. It monitors API calls for controlling local transactions to learn about the current state. However, if using SQL statements for local transactions such as BEGIN, the plugin may not know the current state and the conflict is not detected before XA BEGIN is injected and executed. The use of other XA resources but MySQL servers is not supported by the function. To carry out a global transaction among, for example, a MySQL server and another vendors database system, you should issue the systems SQL commands yourself. Note Experimental The feature is currently under development. There may be issues and/or feature limitations. Do not use in production environments. PARAMETERS
o $connection - A MySQL connection handle obtained from any of the connect functions of the mysqli, mysql or PDO_MYSQL extensions. o $gtrid - Global transaction identifier (gtrid). The gtrid is a binary string up to 64 bytes long. Please note, depending on your charac- ter set settings, 64 characters may require more than 64 bytes to store. In accordance with the MySQL SQL syntax, XA transactions use identifiers made of three parts. An xid consists of a global transaction identifier (gtrid), a branch qualifier (bqual) and a format identifier (formatID). Only the global transaction identifier can and needs to be set. The branch qualifier and format identifier are set automatically. The details should be considered implementation dependent, which may change without prior notice. In version 1.6 the branch qualifier is consecutive number which is incremented whenever a participant joins the global transaction. o $timeout - Timeout in seconds. The default value is 60 seconds. The timeout is a hint to the garbage collection. If a transaction is recorded to take longer than expected, the garbage collection begins checking the transactions status. Setting a low value may make the garbage collection check the progress too often. Please note, checking the status of a global transaction may involve connecting to all recorded participants and possibly issuing queries on the servers. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if there is no open local or global transaction and a new global transaction can be started. Otherwise, returns FALSE SEE ALSO
Quickstart XA/Distributed transactions, Runtime configuration, mysqlnd_ms_get_stats(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQLND_MS_XA_BEGIN(3)