Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Saving to usb
Operating Systems Solaris Saving to usb Post 302713853 by hicksd8 on Thursday 11th of October 2012 11:05:07 AM
Old 10-11-2012
I think that you might need to format it fat32 (on another machine).

If the mount command gives you no errors, you should be able to see it listed in the output of the command:

Quote:
mount
Once you can see it there you can copy files to the USB device by copying them to /mnt (or whatever mountpoint you used).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving to a floppy

How do I save a file to a floppy. I mounted the drive and it is there. Everytime I try to save to the floppy, it tells me the resource is busy. Please advise. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umether
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Saving scripts to usb device

How do I save a script to a pen drive? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginner1
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

saving from unix into pc

hi, i access unix through secure shell (SSH) from my pc running on windows. Can i save files from unix directly into windows-run pc?. e.g. vi files into notepad??? thanks alot, -a (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alikun
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

saving a vi session

Apologies if this isn't quite the right thread I have a vi session and I have set a lot of tags with 'mx'. can I save this session preserving these tags so when I go back to the session I don't have to reset them all? cheers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajcannon
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving value as default value

Hi everybody, I have a prog who is filtering an image with a lot of parameters. The user has two choices : -Running the script with default values -Running the script manually (i.e choosing himself the parameters values) What I would like to do is that if he wants, the users can keep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moumou
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Live-cd Saving changes

Hi all, firstly apologies if this is in the wrong category. I have been making livecds (fedora based) and to change eg the background i use below in the ks file. this works fine, however when i install the livecd it loses the changes. How can i make the changes so that they stay when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: davewilks
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bashrc not saving changes

I am trying to do some changes at bashrc file located at /etc directory of my server. First I tried to edit bashrc via FTP downloaded on my pc changed it and loaded back, but it seems like changes are not reflecting. Therefore I tried to change it via putty shel using vim bashrc command. but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninadgac
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

USB-USB cable between linux and windows computers

Is there an easy way to setup a cross-over cable (USB-USB) between a linux box and a windows PC? My 2 machines are next to each other but I really do not want to keep transfering my files using my USB drive. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving files

Hi all, I need to save my files at c, d or any drive location via script. Requirement. Say for example i have 10 files at location /usr/bi/ci location. 10 files naming a.ksh b,ksh c.ksh and so on I want to save the files and its content at some location (any drive on local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
4 Replies