Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Traceroute
Special Forums IP Networking Traceroute Post 302711491 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 6th of October 2012 01:57:33 PM
Old 10-06-2012
What are you trying to do?

Please note carefully: We are not a hacker site. There are ways to spoof ip addresses, but we are not neccesarily the source of how to do that. We have already removed one of you posts for a similar question, so you do need to explain what you are doing -- meaning what are you trying to accomplish, not how you think you should do it.
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

traceroute output?

I understand the concept of traceroute - can anyone explain the output to me e.g. 39ms 39ms 39ms are these the times for each trip it takes? Assuming each machine is pinged 3 times. and how does the RTT work? Is this the time it takes from one machine to another because it doesn't look like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: justine petrie
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

will traceroute work for this?

hello all- I am soon to convert a large scale ftp server and my problem is this. There are currently over 50,000 ftp profiles (each one within an individual file) that I need to determine which of the 2 interfaces it is traveling to get to its destination. My plans were that I will loop thru... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedrict
2 Replies

3. Programming

how we can use traceroute

how we can use traceroute in unix c so how we can get the output of traceroute command in c thank u,inadvance sree (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
3 Replies

4. Solaris

is traceroute a problem?

Can somebody tell why 2 and 3 hops(147.149.129.21) are repeated two times? corizon@rds894a016 : /usr/sbin/traceroute 147.149.129.21 traceroute: Warning: Multiple interfaces found; using 10.187.37.35 @ e1000g1075000:4 traceroute to 147.149.129.21 (147.149.129.21), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bvvkrishna
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

traceroute

Hi, Can any one suggest me an add on feature for the traceroute command. Thanks in advance. Regards, Selvi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvi
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

traceroute

Good afternoon Can anyone explain traceroutes to me and when it would be necessary/what situations would call one to use it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Traceroute response

I have 20 servers I installed an application to that is returning message " wrong dispatcher or port " when starting agents. They all have the same dispatcher ip and going through the same port number. After verifying there are no application issues, we figured it was firewall related. The Firewall... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HFJ
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Explain and example of traceroute.

Hi Colleagues, Somebody can explain me and send me examples about traceroute, I know is for network but I need anderstand your funcionality. Thank you for advanced. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Traceroute Query

Hi guys, Quick traceroute query. As part of some research I'm doing I need to send a traceroute to an equal number of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses on the net and basically capture the number of hops, and intermediate IP addresses from the traces. This all needs to be automated as there are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: churchill
2 Replies
MRTG-FORUM(1)							       mrtg							     MRTG-FORUM(1)

NAME
mrtg-forum - Interactive Help for MRTG users SYNOPSIS
There is a lot of written documentation for mrtg, but nevertheless you may have a problem where you can't find the solution. In this case some Human Help may be necessary. With MRTG there are several ways to get Humans to help you. MAILING-LIST There are three mailing lists for MRTG available. mrtg for discussion among mrtg users. mrtg-announce for announcements regarding new versions of mrtg related software. mrtg-developers for discussion among people who write software in connection with mrtg or who hack mrtg itself. THE RULES Please note that the memebers of the mrtg mailinglist value politeness highly. This means behave in a way you would like others to behave towards you. o No shouting. (NO CAPS) o No rude language o No demands. everybody is on the list out of their own free will. If you do not get an answer to your question, chances are high that you did not give sufficent details about the nature of your problem or that the answer to your problem is in the documentation. o If you do not follow the rules you will be unsubscribed from the list with no further questions asked. o Decisions about your unsubscription from the list will be taken by Alex van den Bogaerdt <alex at ergens.op.het.net> Paul C. Williamson <pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM> If you feel that you have been treated unfairly, you may send mail to me and explain the situation. Tobi Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> SUBSCRIBING These lists are managed by a mailing-list management program (listar). It allows you to subscribe to these lists by sending a message with the subject: subscribe to the following address: listname-request@lists.oetiker.ch You will then get a message asking you to confirm your subscription. For posting to the lists use the following address listname@lists.oetiker.ch Note that only people who are subscribed to the list can post. Further information about the usage of the mailing lists is available by sending a message with the subject line help to either one of the request addresses. There is also a webinterface to the lists on http://lists.oetiker.ch List archives are on http://www.mail-archive.com/index.php?hunt=mrtg and http://gmane.org/find.php?list=mrtg NEWSGROUP
For discussion of MRTG or related topics on the Usenet, please send your posts to: news:comp.dcom.net-management Many MRTG users are in this forum and will help you. You can also find an archive of past activity from this Newsgroup on: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.dcom.net-management IRC Channel For discussion of MRTG and related topics on IRC, the `#mrtg' channel on EFNet has been created. More information can be found at http://mrtg.easymac.org MRTG Japan There is a special Mailinglist for MRTG Users in Japan. It carries translations of the traffic from MRTG-ANNOUNCE as well as updates on the Japanese Translation of the MRTG documentation. Go to http://www.mrtg.jp/ for further Information. AUTHOR
Tobias Oetiker <tobi@oetiker.ch> and many contributors 2.17.4 2012-01-12 MRTG-FORUM(1)