Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Apache2 reverse proxies implementation Post 302711151 by DGPickett on Friday 5th of October 2012 12:29:07 PM
Old 10-05-2012
There is not so much magic in proxy, reverse for forward. The tool lsof can show you who is listening on any port of the local server. A tcp socket connects to host X port Y says "GET /Z HTTP/9.9" to some proxying service, and it is piped to host A port B after that service is fed with a "GET /C HTTP/?.?", where X Y Z are translated to A B C. Ditto for POST. Rules vary for the forwarding and translation of other HTTP lines coming from the original client that may be fed to the final service. If your config is not working, turn on debugging for the proxying service, and read the logs.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix program that can port scan a c block of ips for proxies

can anyone tell me a unix program that can port scan a c block of ips for proxies? a fast one, with reliable results, that can load an ip list, or set an ip range, and specify ports thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Proxies (Best?)

I hope this is the right place to post this. If not, would an administrator please move it? Thanks. I've got a situation where we are using iPlanet proxy server to allow some of our web browsers to ONLY go to certain sites on an "approved" list. If they try to go to sites that aren't on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Implementation of ls - i command

It is possible for me to obtain the Inode of the path name using ls -i <pathname> command Can anyone tell me how its implemented... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapathy.psgit
3 Replies

4. Programming

Malloc implementation in C

Hey Guys I am trying to implement the malloc function for my OS class and I am having a little trouble with it. I would be really grateful if I could get some hints on this problem. So I am using a doubly-linked list as my data structure and I have to allocate memory for it (duh...). The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gambit_b
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Malloc Implementation in C

Hey Guys Some of my friends have got together and we are trying to write a basic kernel similar to Linux. I am trying to implement the malloc function in C and I am using a doubly linked list as the primary data structure. I need to allocate memory for this link list (duh...) and I don't feel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbansal2
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lseek implementation

Hi everybody, i've been googling for ages now and gotten kinda desperate... The question, however, might be rather trivial for the experts: What is it exactly, i.e. physically, the POSIX function (for a file) "lseek" does? Does it trigger some kind of synchronization on disk? Is it just for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Humudituu
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ipsec implementation

How can i implement Ipsec between two machines in linux_ ubuntu? any link?? suggestion?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: elinaz
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Back up implementation

Is there any command to take create back up of a file as soon as when it is created?If not is it possible to create something like that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sindhu R
3 Replies
nnslog(3tcl)															      nnslog(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
nnslog - Name service facility, Commandline Logging Client Application SYNOPSIS
nnslog ?-host host? ?-port port? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Please read Name service facility, introduction first. The application described by this document, nnslog, is a simple command line client for the nano name service facility provided by the Tcllib packages nameserv, and nameserv::server. It essentially implements "nns search -continuous *", but uses a different output formatting. Instead of continuously showing the current contents of the server in the terminal it simply logs all received add/remove events to stdout. This name service facility has nothing to do with the Internet's Domain Name System, otherwise known as DNS. If the reader is looking for a package dealing with that please see either of the packages dns and resolv, both found in Tcllib too. USE CASES nnslog was written with the following main use case in mind. [1] Monitoring the name service for all changes and logging them in a text terminal. COMMAND LINE nnslog ?-host host? ?-port port? The command connects to the specified name service, sets up a search for all changes and then prints all received events to stdout, with each events on its own line. The command will not exit until it is explicitly terminated by the user. It will especially sur- vive the loss of the connection to the name service and reestablish the search and log when the connection is restored. The options to specify the name service will be explained later, in section OPTIONS. OPTIONS This section describes all the options available to the user of the application -host name|ipaddress If this option is not specified it defaults to localhost. It specifies the name or ip-address of the host the name service to talk to is running on. -port number If this option is not specified it defaults to 38573. It specifies the TCP port the name service to talk to is listening on for requests. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the application it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category nameserv of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either application and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
nameserv(3tcl), nameserv::common(3tcl) KEYWORDS
application, client, name service CATEGORY
Networking COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> Name service facility 1.0 nnslog(3tcl)