Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Need ideas for graduation project based on unix or linux Need ideas for graduation project based on Post 302704419 by MOHA-1 on Friday 21st of September 2012 02:54:45 PM
Old 09-21-2012
Need ideas for graduation project based on unix or linux Need ideas for graduation project based on

Dear all,

i am in last year of electronics department in engineering faculty

i need suggestions for a graduation project based on unix or free bsd or linux and electronics "embedded linux "

i think about embedded unix for example or device drivers

please i need helps

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Help me in finding ideas for Linux Project

Hi guys.. I m newbie to this forum. Basically, i need help in my final year B.E project. I will need some ideas or hints to decide my Project Topic on/for Linux. If you ask me why i choose Linux.. then i wud say I want to contribute more to open source community and eagerly want to learn... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SRJSRJ
2 Replies

2. Programming

Project ideas for GNU/Linux C and BASH development

Hello everyone... I'm trying to find an interesting project to work on for my master thesis. I like GNU/Linux C development and BASH scripting. Please give me any idea that flashes in your mind. I thank you in advance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonx
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i need help i solaris project ideas

i am studying solaris and i am assigned to do the course graduation project based in solaris . could anybody help me in issue by giving me some ideas or instructions thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mka87
1 Replies

4. Hardware

Need ideas for graduation project based on unix or linux

Dear all, i am in last year of electronics department in engineering faculty i need suggestions for a graduation project based on unix or free bsd or linux and electronics "embedded linux " i think about embedded unix for example or device drivers please i need helps (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MOHA-1
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dear all, i am in last year of electronics department in engineering faculty i need suggestions for a graduation project based on unix or free bsd or linux and electronics "embedded linux " i think about embedded unix for example or device drivers please i need helps (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris based project?

Hi friends, I am a Computer Science student, and about to do my final year project. I am a big lover of Solaris and SPARC RISC computers, and I want to work on those computers in future. I want to become a System Administrator/Security Administrator etc on the Solaris stuff. Could you please tell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabam
1 Replies

8. News, Links, Events and Announcements

A new project was posted on The UNIX and Linux Forums project board.

A new project was posted on your project board. Project title: Bash Shell Tutoring Estimated Budget: $50/hr Start date: Immediately Required skills: Linux, Bash, Shell, UNIX I work as a datawarehouse designer and developer. Although I usually stick to the role of an analyst,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning project ideas - shell, python, UNIX tools, system administration

Hi guys, I am currently working as a system administration engineer, administering telecom applications on linux/unix platforms. I want to learn new things and improve the ones that i have and for this i though to really work on some project or something but i lack of ideas. I want to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: capitanui
2 Replies

10. Open Source

Project planing - with Linux based solutions

Hello, Please suggest or share any of your experience for the following requests: Request: 1. Creation of the local network. The company will be in the field of IT. 10-15 persons. 10 will be physically in the office. The local network should be secured and all the files and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AQwert
0 Replies
BIOSDEVNAME(1)						      General Commands Manual						    BIOSDEVNAME(1)

NAME
biosdevname - give BIOS-given name of a device SYNOPSIS
biosdevname [options] [args]... DESCRIPTION
biosdevname takes a kernel device name as an argument, and returns the BIOS-given name it "should" be. OPTIONS
-i, --interface Treat [args] as ethernet devs -d, --debug Enable debugging -p, --policy [physical|all_ethN] -P, --prefix [string] string use for embedded NICs in the physical policy (default=em) -x, --nopirq Do not use $PIR table for mapping PCI device to slot. Some BIOS have incorrect values. -s, --smbios [x.y] Require minimum SMBIOS version x.y POLICIES
The physical policy is the current default. However, when invoking biosdevname in udev rules, one should always specify the policy you want, as the default has changed over time. The physical policy uses the following scheme: em<port>[_<virtual instance>] for embedded NICs p<slot>p<port>[_<virtual instance>] for cards in PCI slots The all_ethN policy makes a best guess at what the device order should be, with embedded devices first, PCI cards in ascending slot order, and ports in ascending PCI bus/device/function order breadth-first. However, this policy does not work if your PCI devices are hot-plugged or hot-pluggable, including the virtual functions on an SR-IOV device. In a hot-plug scenario, each separate udev instance will be invoked in parallel, while the device tree is still being populated with new devices. Each udev instance will see a different PCI tree, and thus cannot provide consistent enumeration. Use of this policy should be limited to only scenarios where all PCI devices are present at boot (cold-plug). EXIT CODES
Returns 0 on success, with BIOS-suggested name printed to stdout. Returns 1 on provided device name lookup failure. Returns 2 if system BIOS does not provide naming information. biosdevname requires system BIOS to provide naming information, either via SMBIOS or sysfs files. Returns 3 if not run as root but requires root privileges. Returns 4 if running in a virtual machine. SEE ALSO
http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Oss/libnetdevname http://linux.dell.com/files/biosdevname/ git://linux.dell.com/biosdevname.git RELATED PROGRAMS
The dmidecode package contains two tools useful for debugging BIOS features that biosdevname uses, specifically dmidecode to read the SMBIOS Type 9 and Type 41 tables, and biosdecode to read the PCI IRQ Routing Table. Please include the output of each of these programs in any bug reports. AUTHOR
biosdevname was written by Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch@dell.com> This manual page was written by Rudy Gevaert <Rudy.Gevaert@UGent.be>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Nov 28, 2010 BIOSDEVNAME(1)