Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk search/replace specific field, using variables for regexp & subsitution then overwrite file Post 302704401 by msabhi on Friday 21st of September 2012 02:12:40 PM
Old 09-21-2012
Code:
sed -i  "/$user/ s/$server/Yes/" master.csv_bkp

I would strongly recommend and i believe you would you use this on a backup file first and test..
This User Gave Thanks to msabhi For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace using awk with variables

Hi, I have been trying to use awk with variables that needs to search for a pattern and replace it with another pattern, the patterns are supplied in a variable. I have tried several different ways without success and hope that someone can help me. Here are the details echo $UPC 07007457809... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search and replace and overwrite file

hi, i am doing awk '{gsub("hello", "bye", $0); print}' test.dat but I want to actually store the results of this global change into the file test.dat itself, i.e. I don't want the results to come to stdout, I want the results to overwrite the initial file how can I do this? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search and replace field

I am writing a c++ program that has many calls of pow(input,2). I now realize that this is slowing down the program and these all should be input * input for greater speed. There should be a simple way of doing this replacement throughout my file with awk, but I am not very familiar with awk.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluejayek
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk how to replace specific field with new value

I need to replace specific field (x) in a table with new value (y): Input: 1 2 3 4 5 x 6 7 8 9 0 0 Output: 1 2 3 4 5 y 6 7 8 9 0 0 I have no idea how to do this. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: setepo
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK How to replace a field using 2 shell variables?

Hello everybody: I want to replace any field $2 of any file line (f.i. test.txt) matching $1 with a shell variable. $ cat test.txt F 0 B A H -12.33 Now I'm going to ask the value of variable B: $ SEARCHVAR=B $ OLDVAL=$(awk -v SEARCHVAR="$SEARCHVAR"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: basalt
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advanced AWK Regexp substring to int & Replace

Hi! I have a difficult problem, to step up a unknown version number in a text file, and save the file. It would be great to run script.sh and the version gets increased. Example the content of the textfile.txt hello version = x bye This include three steps 1. First find the char after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beachboy72
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific field on specific line sed or awk

I'm trying to update a text file via sed/awk, after a lot of searching I still can't find a code snippet that I can get to work. Brief overview: I have user input a line to a variable, I then find a specific value in this line 10th field in this case. After asking for new input and doing some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: crownedzero
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search and replace in a targeted field instead of $0

Hi I would like to apply this gawk command: gawk '{$0=gensub(/\y+\y/,"","g"); print}' file not to the whole $0 but just to the part of $0 that is between: (a number)"> and </mrk> Is it possible? thanks for your help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisJ
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to replace a specific field in certain condition

Hi, I have a file like below PRUM,67016800 ,CC ,C1,67016800 , ,Y,Y,2 ,CK,BX,FOX ,00000001,EA,00000001,20141120 00:00:00, ,N,Y,Y,CK ABCDEF... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to assign points to variables based on conditions and update specific field

I have been reading old posts and trying to come up with a solution for the below: Use a tab-delimited input file to assign point to variables that are used to update a specific field, Rank. I really couldn't find too much in the way of assigning points to variable, but made an attempt at an awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
pods::SDL::GFX::ImageFilter(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  pods::SDL::GFX::ImageFilter(3pm)

NAME
SDL::GFX::ImageFilter - image filtering functions CATEGORY
TODO, GFX METHODS
MMX_detect int gfx_image_MMX_detect() CODE: SDL_imageFilterMMXdetect(); MMX_off void gfx_image_MMX_off() CODE: SDL_imageFilterMMXoff(); MMX_on void gfx_image_MMX_on() CODE: SDL_imageFilterMMXon(); add int gfx_image_add(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterAdd(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL mean int gfx_image_mean(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterMean(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL sub int gfx_image_sub(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterSub(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL abs_diff int gfx_image_abs_diff(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterAbsDiff(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL mult int gfx_image_mult(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterMult(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL mult_nor int gfx_image_mult_nor(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterMultNor(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL mult_div_by_2 int gfx_image_mult_div_by_2(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterMultDivby2(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL mult_div_by_4 int gfx_image_mult_div_by_4(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterMultDivby4(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL bit_and int gfx_image_bit_and(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterBitAnd(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL bit_or int gfx_image_bit_or(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterBitOr(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL div int gfx_image_div(Src1, Src2, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Src2 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterDiv(Src1, Src2, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL bit_negation int gfx_image_bit_negation(Src1, Dest, length) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterBitNegation(Src1, Dest, length); OUTPUT: RETVAL add_byte int gfx_image_add_byte(Src1, Dest, length, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterAddByte(Src1, Dest, length, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL add_uint int gfx_image_add_uint(Src1, Dest, length, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned int C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterAddUint(Src1, Dest, length, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL add_byte_to_half int gfx_image_add_byte_to_half(Src1, Dest, length, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterAddByteToHalf(Src1, Dest, length, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL sub_byte int gfx_image_sub_byte(Src1, Dest, length, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterSubByte(Src1, Dest, length, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL sub_uint int gfx_image_sub_uint(Src1, Dest, length, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned int C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterSubUint(Src1, Dest, length, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL shift_right int gfx_image_shift_right(Src1, Dest, length, N) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char N CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterShiftRight(Src1, Dest, length, N); OUTPUT: RETVAL shift_right_uint int gfx_image_shift_right_uint(Src1, Dest, length, N) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char N CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterShiftRightUint(Src1, Dest, length, N); OUTPUT: RETVAL mult_by_byte int gfx_image_mult_by_byte(Src1, Dest, length, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterMultByByte(Src1, Dest, length, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL shift_right_and_mult_by_byte int gfx_image_shift_right_and_mult_by_byte(Src1, Dest, length, N, C) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char N unsigned char C CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterShiftRightAndMultByByte(Src1, Dest, length, N, C); OUTPUT: RETVAL shift_left_byte int gfx_image_shift_left_byte(Src1, Dest, length, N) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char N CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterShiftLeftByte(Src1, Dest, length, N); OUTPUT: RETVAL shift_left_uint int gfx_image_shift_left_uint(Src1, Dest, length, N) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char N CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterShiftLeftUint(Src1, Dest, length, N); OUTPUT: RETVAL shift_left int gfx_image_shift_left(Src1, Dest, length, N) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char N CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterShiftLeft(Src1, Dest, length, N); OUTPUT: RETVAL binarize_using_threshold int gfx_image_binarize_using_threshold(Src1, Dest, length, T) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char T CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterBinarizeUsingThreshold(Src1, Dest, length, T); OUTPUT: RETVAL clip_to_range int gfx_image_clip_to_range(Src1, Dest, length, Tmin, Tmax) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length unsigned char Tmin unsigned char Tmax CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterClipToRange(Src1, Dest, length, Tmin, Tmax); OUTPUT: RETVAL normalize_linear int gfx_image_normalize_linear(Src1, Dest, length, Cmin, Cmax, Nmin, Nmax) unsigned char *Src1 unsigned char *Dest int length int Cmin int Cmax int Nmin int Nmax CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterNormalizeLinear(Src1, Dest, length, Cmin, Cmax, Nmin, Nmax); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_3x3_divide int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_3x3_divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char Divisor CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel3x3Divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_5x5_divide int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_5x5_divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char Divisor CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel5x5Divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_7x7_divide int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_7x7_divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char Divisor CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel7x7Divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_9x9_divide int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_9x9_divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char Divisor CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel9x9Divide(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, Divisor); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_3x3_shift_right int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_3x3_shift_right(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char NRightShift CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel3x3ShiftRight(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_5x5_shift_right int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_5x5_shift_right(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char NRightShift CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel5x5ShiftRight(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_7x7_shift_right int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_7x7_shift_right(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char NRightShift CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel7x7ShiftRight(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift); OUTPUT: RETVAL convolve_kernel_9x9_shift_right int gfx_image_convolve_kernel_9x9_shift_right(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns Sint16 *Kernel unsigned char NRightShift CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterConvolveKernel9x9ShiftRight(Src, Dest, rows, columns, Kernel, NRightShift); OUTPUT: RETVAL sobel_x int gfx_image_sobel_x(Src, Dest, rows, columns) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterSobelX(Src, Dest, rows, columns); OUTPUT: RETVAL sobel_x_shift_right int gfx_image_sobel_x_shift_right(Src, Dest, rows, columns, NRightShift) unsigned char *Src unsigned char *Dest int rows int columns unsigned char NRightShift CODE: RETVAL = SDL_imageFilterSobelXShiftRight(Src, Dest, rows, columns, NRightShift); OUTPUT: RETVAL align_stack void gfx_image_align_stack() CODE: SDL_imageFilterAlignStack(); restore_stack void gfx_image_restore_stack() CODE: SDL_imageFilterRestoreStack(); AUTHORS
See "AUTHORS" in SDL. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 pods::SDL::GFX::ImageFilter(3pm)