Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: K3b permission problem
Operating Systems Linux Slackware K3b permission problem Post 302603392 by slak0 on Thursday 1st of March 2012 12:26:27 AM
Old 03-01-2012
K3b permission problem

When I set up to backup /home to a DVD I am incurring a problem with K3B ver. 2.0.2 saying I (root) has insufficient privileges to access /home/myuser/hp-check.log file. It also does this to the lost+found files for /home and /opt. I am root and the file/directory has read+write privs for root.
I need an explanation, thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File permission problem

I have a crontab job that runs a database backup and directs the output to a log. I ran the job, and the output log file was created with no problems, but now if I try and run the same job again, I keep getting a file exists error. The permissions are: -rw-rw-r-- I also tried changing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jodie
2 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Permission problem

I am having problems editing my options and profile etc. Whenever i do, i am getting a message that says I don't have any permissions. Can u tell me a solution. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockyrak
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Permission Problem

I ran the sys-unconfig command and now I can't seem to change the permission on that folder evne though I'm the Superuser(Root admin). I need to fix this so the user 'tommy' can login and have his home directory working. How do I fix this??? http://www3.telus.net/superstar/error.jpg (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file permission problem

Hello I have situation where with my user id (group x) I am able to view a file. However if su to another user (different group) I am not able to view. I get permission denied. The file has complete wide open permissions -rwxrwxrwx and I can also cd from root to the directory in which the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akumargolf2000
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rc script permission problem

Hi, I have written a startup script which has be started while reboot. I am using Solaris10 machine and i have logged in as a root user. I have written a code the following code cp ./StartService /etc/init.d/ chmod 744 /etc/init.d/StartService //i have given it executable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.amilineni
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission denied problem

I am trying to tidy our server and write cron to keep it tidy. We took on a third party to do some work last year. They were given their own UID/pwd so that they would have limited access. Part of what they wrote created an archive file at the end of every day. A year on and we don't want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RexJacobus
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission problem

How would i change permissions for a new directory so that i am the only one who has any access to any of the files created in it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trob
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem Permission denied cp -r

Hi I am administrator in unix I want make backup folder and file in root directory I use instruction Cp -r , But the system pear problem cp: cannot create regular file : Permission denied Can someone explain me what am I doing wrong??? please... find other instruction backup folder... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xactor
1 Replies

9. Debian

Execute permission problem

Hello, I need to install a program from a DVD. It uses a sh script called setup. root@ragnok: head -2 /media/cdrom0/setup #!/bin/sh root@ragnok: ls -l /media/cdrom0/setup -r-xr-xr-x 1 root root 4688 Nov 8 08:38 /media/cdrom0/setup root@ragnok: /media/cdrom0/setup bash:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
2 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Burn avi to cd with k3b

Is there a way to burn avi to cd with k3b? When I tried the disc became unusable. I tried to open the disc on 2 different computers with no luck. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies
DKOPP(1)							  Dkopp man page							  DKOPP(1)

NAME
Dkopp - copy files to DVD or BD (Blue-ray) media SYNOPSIS
dkopp [ -job | -run ] jobfile dkopp [ -nogui ] -script scriptfile DESCRIPTION
Dkopp copies files to backup DVD or BD media. It supports full or incremental backups and full or incremental media verification. OVERVIEW
Dkopp is a menu-driven GUI (GTK) program operating in its own window. Dkopp copies files and directories specified in a job file to DVD or BD media. Dkopp can copy all files to empty media (full copy), or only new and modified files to previously used media (incremental). Files and directories to include or exclude can be selected from the file system hierarchy using a GUI navigator. Specifications are saved in a job file which can be re-edited and re-used. Script files can be run in batch mode using the -nogui option. Dkopp can be used to select and restore files previously copied, and owner and permission data is also restored. The DVD/BD media can also be accessed with file system tools like Nautilus. Dkopp supports the following functionalities: - Three backup modes: full, incremental, accumulate. - Three media verification modes: full, incremental, thorough. - Use write-once or re-writable DVD or BD media (but not CD). - Report disk:backup differences in detail or summary form. - Select and restore files from a backup copy (or use drag and drop). - Search log files to find media where specified files are saved. OPTIONS
Command line options: [ -job ] jobfile open job file for editing -run jobfile execute a job file [ -nogui ] -script scriptfile execute a script file SEE ALSO
The online user manual is available using the menu Help > contents. This manual explains Dkopp operation in great detail. Dkopp uses the batch programs grwoisofs and genisoimage. Dkopp is essentially a GUI front-end for these programs. AUTHORS
Written by Mike Cornelison <kornelix2@googlemail.com> Linux 2010-10-01 DKOPP(1)