Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Initials of a name
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Initials of a name Post 302590134 by deepwoodsv on Saturday 14th of January 2012 09:05:05 AM
Old 01-14-2012
Initials of a name

I'm stuck, so please tell me how to print the initials of a name (for ex E C for Eric Cartman).
If you could suggest a website related to string handling then that would be much appreciated too.
Thanks!

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a file with common initials and last words

Hi, I have a requirement like i have to find out files and remove them on a daily basis. The files are generated as abc_jnfn_201404230004.csv abc_jnfo_201404230004.csv abc_jnfp_201404230004.csv abc_jnfq_201404230004.csv abd_jnfn_201404220004.csv abe_jnfn_201404220004.csv i want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohammed_Tabish
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Versioning up a file with initials?

I have this code that works great ... #!/bin/sh for file in "$@" do ext=${file##*.} base=${file%.*} num=${base##*v} zeroes=${num%%*} num=${num#$zeroes} #remove leading zeros, or it uses octal num=$((num+1)) base=${base%v*} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
5 Replies
Biber::Entry::Name(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Biber::Entry::Name(3pm)

NAME
Biber::Entry::Name - Biber::Entry::Name objects new Initialize a Biber::Entry::Name object, optionally with key=>value arguments. Ex: Biber::Entry::Name->new( lastname=>"Bolzmann", firstname=>"Anna Maria", prefix => "von" ) TO_JSON Serialiser for JSON::XS::encode notnull Test for an empty object was_stripped Return boolean to tell if the passed field had braces stripped from the original set_hash Set a hash for the name get_hash Get a hash for the name set_index Set a field telling what position in the name list the name is get_index Get the index of a Biber::Entry::Name object set_uniquename Set uniquename for a visible Biber::Entry::Name object Sets global flag to say that some uniquename value has changed set_uniquename_all Set uniquename for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_uniquename Get uniquename for a visible Biber::Entry::Name object get_uniquename_all Get uniquename for a Biber::Entry::Name object reset_uniquename Reset uniquename for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_minimal_info Set the string of lastnames and string of fullnames Used to track uniquename=5 or 6 get_minimal_info Get the name context used to track uniquename=5 or 6 get_namepart Get a namepart by passed name set_firstname Set firstname for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_firstname Get firstname for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_firstname_i Get firstname initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_middlename Set middlename for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_middlename Get middlename for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_middlename_i Get middlename initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_lastname Set lastname for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_lastname Get lastname for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_lastname_i Get lastname initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_suffix Set suffix for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_suffix Get suffix for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_suffix_i Get suffix initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_prefix Set prefix for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_prefix Get prefix for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_prefix_i Get prefix initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_gender Set gender for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_gender Get gender for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_namestring Set namestring for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_namestring Get namestring for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_nameinitstring Set nameinitstring for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_nameinitstring Get nameinitstring for a Biber::Entry::Name object name_to_bbl { Return bbl data for a name name_to_bltxml { Add BibLaTeXML for the name to an XML::Writer object dump Dump Biber::Entry::Name object AUTHORS
Francois Charette, "<firmicus at ankabut.net>" Philip Kime "<philip at kime.org.uk>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests on our sourceforge tracker at <https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=browse&group_id=228270>. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2009-2012 Francois Charette and Philip Kime, all rights reserved. This module is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-17 Biber::Entry::Name(3pm)