Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat 550 Failed to change directory from FireFTP to CentOS 5.7 VSFTPD Post 302586331 by jastanle84 on Saturday 31st of December 2011 11:31:43 PM
Old 01-01-2012
I did a chown ftp:ftp /var/ftp and a chmod -w /var/ftp and I get the following error message now when trying to connect to server using FireFTP:

Code:
500 OOPS: vsftpd: refusing to run with writable anonymous root

Can someone tell me if my vsftpd.conf file is setup correctly because I still cannot log onto the server with the ftp user or the anonymous user?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

vsftpd service failed to start

hi, i am using RHEL 5 and i am not able to on the vsftp i have tried to on the vsftp service using command service vsftpd start Starting vsftpd for vsftpd: i am posting the content of my /etc/xinetd.d/vsftpd file # description: The vsftpd FTP... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u.n.i.x
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

VSFTPD Service Failed to Start

Today I have installed VSFTPD but service is failing to start. We have been using standard FTP successful but need to introduce an FTPS option. I have run YUM install VSFTPD and everything appeared to load ok. (If I run rpm - qa | grep vsftpd I get vsftpd-2.0.5-16.el5_4.1 which I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaulComins
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

selfservice password change standalone Centos 5.7

Hello, can someone suggest, how to configure server, when a new user that is created on the server centos 5.7, should be prompted to reset their password on his start login. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby320
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Authentication Failed in Linux centos

Hi everyone ... ( Linux Cent OS ) i cant login as root user in my lab machine ... i did give correct root and root passwd ..but it showing Authentication Failed ... plz help me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

On CentOS, moving space from large free directory to another

Hi. My "/usr" folder is running out of space. My "/home" folder is quite large and has a lot of free space. As follows: Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on ... /dev/sda5 ext3 9.7G 2.6G 6.7G 28% / /dev/sda7 ext3 152G 16G 128G 11% /home /dev/sda3 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkiula
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change Log Path for Squid on Centos 6

I searched and did not find a useful answer. Can someone please tell me the best practice to change the log directory from /var/log to /opt/squid? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command

I am trying to do the following task : export ENV=aaa export ENV_PATH=$(cd /apps | ls | grep $ENV) However, it's not working. What's the way to change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change default terminal compiler - Centos

I'm working on a centos 5.10 64bit desktop machine. I want to change the default terminal compiler to bash instead of csh/sh without root permissions. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aelhosiny
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does vsftpd support user access with client certificate with priv/pub key + vsftpd certificate?

:rolleyes:I am trying to setup all certificate based client-server environment in Linux using vsftpd and curl with openssl. I would like to make a user access with vsftpd certificate and user own client certificate (self-signed) with private/public key. I don't see google posts about the my plan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
4 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Further to my query re: failed attempt to change email address on existing account

Neo Thanks for your reply to my original post, entitled "Problem changing the email address associated with my unix.com account". I am unable to reply to you in that thread, as I am unable to log-on to unix.com! From what you said about purging dormant accounts, it is likely that my account... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irb
1 Replies
ftp::geturl(3tcl)						    ftp client							 ftp::geturl(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(3tcl)