Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris is freezing and unable to telnet/ssh Post 302581322 by jim mcnamara on Monday 12th of December 2011 11:06:52 PM
Old 12-13-2011
Before you reboot:

do you have backups? The disk may not remount. I would say, as a reasonable guess, that your disk is near death. Can you restore whatever was on the disk? Will you need to restore if it dies completely.

Reboot will solve the problem, probably not in the way you hope.
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to telnet from SunOS 5.6 Server

:cool: I need some assistance please. I'm setting up a SunOS 5.6 server and sofar I'm able to telnet into the unit but unable to telnet from it. Can anyone help me with this problem. When attempting to telnet from my SunOs to client terminal I'm receving the following error, "Unable to connect to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharris82
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Unable to login at console and telnet

Hi friend, I'm facing a problem to access the console and telnet to the HP ux 11 server due to the system file is full. How to access this server via single mode and how to mount the folder / and folder /var? thanks. vestro (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vestro
1 Replies

3. AIX

Unable to telnet to server

Hi, I encountered error when I telnet to my server. Error is as follows: telnetd: /bin/login: The file access permissions do not allow the specified action I am able to ssh into my server and I have checked/verified /etc/security and /etc/inetd.conf. I restarted the inetd subsystem via... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chongkls77
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to telnet

Hi guys, After changing my workstation from domain rsm.renesas.com to my.renesas.local, I was unable to telnet to 1 of our Sun Solaris servers. There r errors in the messages file: Aug 15 17:35:26 rsmsso1.svc.rsm.renesas.com inetd: warning: can't verify hostname:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to Telnet

Dear All, I have Compaq Alpha server running UNIX OS. with Old Hardware specification. I had FTP conncetion using IP Switch ( FTP client ) to the Unix server in order to copy some files to my workstation. one day after closing the connection we noted that IT operations are not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arehan
8 Replies

6. SuSE

Unable to telnet (non-ssh) as root

Hi forum, I face a strange issue. I'm able to telnet as root with ssh. But I'm not able to telnet (non-ssh) as root to my Suse 10 machine. Can someone please point to significant files where I need to make changes for Suse 10 machine and resolve this issue. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilgurwara
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to telnet

Hi, I have two linux boxes and due to some reasons I have reinstalled OS in one of them. Now Iam unable to telnet one of them. I have included entries in /etc/hosts in both and Iam able to ping each other. Am I missing anything here or I we need to install/activate telnet server ? Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuhaib
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatic logging (capture screen output) of telnet/ssh sessions on a Solaris node

Hi I am working in Solaris 10 and I want to monitor logs for every telnet/ssh session that tries to connect to the server. I need these logs to be generated in a file that I can fetch using ftp. I am a new user and a stepwise detail will be great BR saGGee (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggee
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

10. Solaris

telnet and ssh not working .... but it pinging in Solaris 8

hi Everyone telnet and ssh not working in Solaris 8 .... but it pinging.... i also checked /etc/services /etc/inet/inetd.conf ps -ef | grep telnet ans default router ... everythinking is ok .... when i connect telnet then suddently closed ... and ssh is connection refused ... help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolboys
1 Replies
extendfs(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       extendfs(8)

NAME
extendfs - Extends UFS file systems SYNOPSIS
/sbin/extendfs [- s] [disk_blocks] device_name DESCRIPTION
Use the extendfs command to increase the storage space in a UFS file system. The file system must not be mounted when you perform this operation. To extend a mounted (in use) UFS file system, use the mount command with the -o extend option. The procedure for increasing the storage space of a UFS file system is as follows: Look at the contents the /etc/fstab file to identify the disk partition that maps to the file system. Ensure that there is available storage space on the target disk as follows: If LSM is in use on your system, use LSM commands to increase the size of the LSM volume as described in the Logical Storage Manager guide. If LSM is not in use on your system, use the disklabel command or the diskconfig graphical user interface to check the current size and use of partitions on the disk. If there is adequate space on an adjacent partition, use the disklabel command to write the current label to a file as fol- lows: # disklabel -r dsk4 > d4label Edit the disklabel file to change the size of the partition on which your UFS file system resides. Increase the number of disk blocks on the partition and decrease the disk block size of the adjacent partition by an equivalent number. Use the disklabel command with the -R option to write the revised label to the raw disk as follows: # disklabel -R /dev/rdisk/dsk4 d4label When the disk label is revised, extend the file system using the extendfs command. You can either use the full extent of the newly sized partition or extend the file system in stages. The following example commands show both methods. To extend the file system to use all the available space, you specify the disk partition on which the file system resides, as follows: # extendfs /dev/disk/dsk4g To extend the file system to use only part of the available space, you specify a number of disk blocks, as follows: # extendfs -s 300000 /dev/disk/dsk4g The remainder of the extended partion is reserved for future use. You can extend a file system as many times as necessary, up to the physical limit of the storage device. When no more space is available on the storage device, you must back up the file system using the dump command and restore the file system to a storage device that has more available space. Once you have extended a file system, the operation cannot be reversed except by a back up and restore operation. Use the dump command to back up the file system. You can then reset the partition sizes manually and restore the file system to the storage device. ERRORS
The disklabel command produces output similar to that of the newfs command. If a list of disk blocks is not displayed on the terminal, the command has failed. Verify the partition settings and the mount status of the target file system. The disklabel command does not permit you to overwrite a partition if it is in use. Refer to the disklabel(8) reference page for more information on label errors. FILES
Specifies the command path. RELATED INFORMATION
diskconfig(8), disklabel(8), mount(8), and fstab(4). extendfs(8)