Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: strace
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users strace Post 302562554 by big123456 on Friday 7th of October 2011 09:10:28 AM
Old 10-07-2011
strace

Hi,
does anyone know the equivalent command of the following in AIX :
Code:
[oracle@elise03 trace]$ strace -tp 15033 
Process 15033 attached - interrupt to quit 
11:28:06 gettimeofday({1257766086, 104118}, NULL) = 0 
11:28:06 getrusage(RUSAGE_SELF, {ru_utime={2270, 615813}, ru_stime={0, 634903}, ...}) = 0

Thank you

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help running strace

OK so I wanted to know how does grep outputs to the pipe and how sort reads from it. So I run a strace over "grep blah myfile | sort" and this is what I got: open("myfile", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = 3 fstat64(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0600, st_size=84, ...}) = 0 read(3, "blah blah and blah cause of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: klam
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

strace

Hi Gurus, I need to trace a sqlplus session using strace. Can someone please provide me the syntax. sorry was not able to figure out by reading the man page. :-( i tried to do as below but getting the error xt33db006/u1/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/asm_1$ strace -f sqlplus '/as sysdba'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: p4cldba
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ioctl : strace

Hi All, int ioctl(int d, int request, ...); Can somebody tell me how does ioctl decides the input parameter: "request". Sometimes, its SNDCTL_TMR_TIMEBASE or TCGETS or FIONREAD...etc. What is the pattern?? I am asking this coz my strace returns this: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angad.makkar
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help on strace output

Hi All, Good day, need some help on strace result. We're encountering oracle Database server connection slowness (using sqlplus login to db server, there have 1 or 2 secs delay) we had generated strace and provide to oracle to investigate, and they told us it look like OS problem (Our OS is Red... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: klng
4 Replies

5. Android

Strace help

I need to run and monitor applications on Android Emulator. I am using the strace utility to monitor system calls. Everytime to start strace i need to manually start the application , get the process Id of the application and then give it to strace to start logging all the system calls. So is... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: far001han
20 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Running strace command

I want to run the strace -p xxxx -o in a script to monitor a process that hangs sometimes and requires a restart, my question is if strace is constantly running in the background will it chew up system resources and cause the system slowness? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wereyou
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Strace rpm requirement for RHEL 5.9

I have requirement for strace utility rpm package for RHEL 5.9. I have made a google for last 1 hr. but did not find the required one. Can any one help me out to find out the compatible rpm package of strace for Redhat 5.9 version (I require 64 bit version). (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
7 Replies
GETRUSAGE(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual						      GETRUSAGE(2)

NAME
getrusage -- get information about resource utilization SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/time.h> #include <sys/resource.h> #define RUSAGE_SELF 0 #define RUSAGE_CHILDREN -1 int getrusage(int who, struct rusage *rusage); DESCRIPTION
Getrusage() returns information describing the resources utilized by the current process, or all its terminated child processes. The who parameter is either RUSAGE_SELF or RUSAGE_CHILDREN. The buffer to which rusage points will be filled in with the following structure: struct rusage { struct timeval ru_utime; /* user time used */ struct timeval ru_stime; /* system time used */ long ru_maxrss; /* integral max resident set size */ long ru_ixrss; /* integral shared text memory size */ long ru_idrss; /* integral unshared data size */ long ru_isrss; /* integral unshared stack size */ long ru_minflt; /* page reclaims */ long ru_majflt; /* page faults */ long ru_nswap; /* swaps */ long ru_inblock; /* block input operations */ long ru_oublock; /* block output operations */ long ru_msgsnd; /* messages sent */ long ru_msgrcv; /* messages received */ long ru_nsignals; /* signals received */ long ru_nvcsw; /* voluntary context switches */ long ru_nivcsw; /* involuntary context switches */ }; The fields are interpreted as follows: ru_utime the total amount of time spent executing in user mode. ru_stime the total amount of time spent in the system executing on behalf of the process(es). ru_maxrss the maximum resident set size utilized (in kilobytes). ru_ixrss an integral value indicating the amount of memory used by the text segment that was also shared among other processes. This value is expressed in units of kilobytes * ticks-of-execution. ru_idrss an integral value of the amount of unshared memory residing in the data segment of a process (expressed in units of kilobytes * ticks-of-execution). ru_isrss an integral value of the amount of unshared memory residing in the stack segment of a process (expressed in units of kilobytes * ticks-of-execution). ru_minflt the number of page faults serviced without any I/O activity; here I/O activity is avoided by reclaiming a page frame from the list of pages awaiting reallocation. ru_majflt the number of page faults serviced that required I/O activity. ru_nswap the number of times a process was swapped out of main memory. ru_inblock the number of times the file system had to perform input. ru_oublock the number of times the file system had to perform output. ru_msgsnd the number of IPC messages sent. ru_msgrcv the number of IPC messages received. ru_nsignals the number of signals delivered. ru_nvcsw the number of times a context switch resulted due to a process voluntarily giving up the processor before its time slice was completed (usually to await availability of a resource). ru_nivcsw the number of times a context switch resulted due to a higher priority process becoming runnable or because the current process exceeded its time slice. NOTES
The numbers ru_inblock and ru_oublock account only for real I/O; data supplied by the caching mechanism is charged only to the first process to read or write the data. ERRORS
Getrusage() returns -1 on error. The possible errors are: [EINVAL] The who parameter is not a valid value. [EFAULT] The address specified by the rusage parameter is not in a valid part of the process address space. SEE ALSO
gettimeofday(2), wait(2) BUGS
There is no way to obtain information about a child process that has not yet terminated. HISTORY
The getrusage() function call appeared in 4.2BSD. 4th Berkeley Distribution June 4, 1993 4th Berkeley Distribution