Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change voice in festival
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Change voice in festival Post 302556836 by slak0 on Monday 19th of September 2011 07:21:19 PM
Old 09-19-2011
Change voice in festival

I installed festival under /opt/TTS so presume that precedes in the following unless noted otherwise.
I examined festival/lib/siteinit.scm and found the default voice was: voice_cmu_us_awb_arctic_hts (which I did not include with the install) which doesn't matter because the lin is commented out.
The install included
festvox_cmu_us_rms_cg.tar.gz
festvox_cmu_us_slt_arctic_hts.tar.gz and
festvox_kallpc16k.tar.gz
which are American Male using clustergen, American Female, HTS, and American English Male residual LPC diphone, I think.
I found a recent source saying to modify siteinit.scm second to last line to change the voice (...awb_arctic above ) with what was in voices but what is there is:
festival/lib/voices/english/kal_diphone
and under that are nothing like voice_... (I just show english/...)
Hence, I need to know how to change between the voices in version 2.1. Is there someone that can help out there?
BTW yes it is working but I am unfamiliar with the vocal output and cannot tell from where the male voice is coming.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to fork voice wid text???

hello... i am working in LINUX on a client/server voice communication project!!! so far i am done wid compiling code for reading/playin sound card and also sending text from server to client. now i need ur help in using fork() though i do have basic concept about fork but i need detail help in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: TAM
0 Replies

2. Ubuntu

My Google voice plugin problem.

I am encountering problem in Google microphone while voice chat. Voice input is almost no, although I've installed Adobe flash plugin. Please Help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Voice plugin not working!

Hi, I am using Ubuntu 10.04. I installed Google talk voice and video plug-in. But audio is not working for me and video is working fine. So can I do some tweaking to enable it again? Note that I have just Mozilla Firefox with me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
0 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Festival halting

I finally got festival text 2 speech to work. I followed a set of instructions but had to make edits to set it up to work (albeit a few warnings). At the end I tried using quit with double quotes inside parentheses and without but could not stop the program (i.e. comes back with "festival>"). ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Place Your Bits! - Who Will Win The Voice Season 3

New Event for Fans of The Voice Who Will Win The Voice Season 3 Place Your Bits! Wikipedia Reference Page (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies