Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Jumpstart Error: Unsupported version (3.0). Post 302551207 by Siralos on Monday 29th of August 2011 05:19:54 PM
Old 08-29-2011
Not sure if I completely understand your question but no.
I did not modify the flash archive but i did update the Jet template ("base_config_ClientOS=") to point to the updated miniroot.

Last edited by Siralos; 08-29-2011 at 06:25 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unsupported characters

Hi I am new to unix - can anyone give me an idea of the characters i should NOT be using in unix filenames - ie: i know not to use spaces and backslashes but not much else. Thanks John (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmalpas
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Jumpstart Error

I 've configured jumpstart and everything is fine but the installation starts asking human intervention and go till NFS conifugration .. Setting up Java. Please wait... Serial console, reverting to text install Beginning system identification... Searching for configuration file(s)... Using... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Error after Jumpstart

I have a Solaris 10 U6 flash nothing has changed on my Jumpstart expect for some finish files and profiles. after I jump either a client or a server I always get the same error the following files in / differ from the boot archive changed /kernel/drv/md.conf then I enter in the root... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
4 Replies

4. Solaris

error in jumpstart while cretaing rules.ok with ./check

Hi Gurus, When i am running the ./check and i am getting below error Error in files "rules", line 92 hostname sample_host - host_class set_root_pw Error: Finish script missing: set_root_pw i do not have any begin or finish define in my rules file it just marked as - , the content... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

5. Solaris

boot Error for jumpstart

Hi community, I am installing Solaris 10 using a jumpstart installation. Both Server and Client are in the same netmask. When I perform the "boot net - install" command, I receive the following error: Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packets Timeout waiting for ARP/RARP packets Timeout... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Jumpstart client flash archive error....

Hi , I am facing this issue while restoring flash archive from jumpstart server.The image was aroung 9 gb (5.9 release) and we have restored the other images successfully bigger than this size to other machines we have never faced this issue .Please advice me on this issue . Extracted 100 %... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: knl.sundeep
0 Replies

7. Solaris

help me! jumpstart installation error

Hi actualy my two machines are sun sparc ultra 60. Both are same configuration. I am trying jumpstart Installation in my two machines, i got no errors in server side but in the client side actually it detects the server machine with correct hostname and domainname but after showed that it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grovestreet
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 Jumpstart Error

Hey All, I'm trying to jump start a new Sun Server from an existing jump start server, but this last machine is giving me driver errors :s It doesn't make sense as we've built a few of these exact same servers just recently, but this last one displays: "No driver (or driver binding)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UnxAdm1101
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unsupported hardware detected error for SSD hard drive

Hi, I am trying to install Oracle Linux 6.5 on vmware workstation 9, but during the installation i am getting popup box with below message. unsupported hardware detected The hardware ( or a combination thereof) is not supported by Oracle Linux) ....... My laptop is having SSD SM871... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suren424
1 Replies
ar86(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   ar86(1)

NAME
ar86 - Create, modify, and extract from archive file SYNOPSIS
ar86 operation archive [file...] ar86 positional-op member archive [file...] DESCRIPTION
The ar86 program is used to create, examine and modify archive files produced by the Dev86/ELKS toolchain. OPTIONS
The ar86 command requires that the operation to be performed on the archive be specified as the first option. If the operation is positional then the next option is the archive member marking the position. This is followed by the archive file name and any list of file names. Operations One of the following operations can be specified d delete the listed files from the archive. m move the named files. By default files are moved to the end of the archive unless a positional modifier is present. p print the contents of archive members to standard out. If a file list is included only those members are printed. If the v modifier is present each file's contents are preceeded by a new line, a line with the string member, a space character, the member name, and two following newlines. q quickly add the files to the end of the archive without checking to see if they already exist in the archive. This operation will ignore any positional modifiers. Creates the archive file if it does not exist. r replace archive members with the files listed. If the file name is not present in the archive it is added to the end of the archive (or to any explicitly specified position). Creates the archive file if it does not exist. t table; list the file names of archive members. If a file list is present only those files that are present in the archive are listed. The v modifier prints member attributes. x extract the named files from the archive into the current directory. If no files are specified all the archive members will be extracted. Modifiers The following modifiers may be used with the operations o original time stamps from the archive are preserved for extracted files when possible. s symbol update; this option may be used by itself to force an update to the symbol definition section of the archive (the __.SYMDEF member). If any files are specified they will be replaced as if the r operation had been specified. If no symbol definition section exists one is created. This option will also creates the archive file if it does not exist. u update files in the archive during a r (replace) operation. The files are added to the archive in exactly the same manner as replace except that an existing archive member will be retained (in its original position) if it has a modified more recently than the file being added. Note that this modifier acts as if a r operation has been specified (even it has not), and will actually override any other previously specified operation. v verbose; print additional diagnostic messages while processing the archive. Positional Modifiers The following modifiers specify where in the archive files are moved to or added. If any of these modifiers are specified then the second option to ar86 must be the name of an archive member. a after; files are placed after the specified archive member. b before; files are placed before the specified archive member. i same as b. EXAMPLES
To see the contents of an archive ar86 tv libfile.a To add some files to an archive ar86 r libfile.a file1.o file2.o to add some files after a member named mem.o and to update the symbol table ar86 rsa mem.o libfile.a file1.o file2.o BUGS
A l modifier will be accepted but ignored. RESTRICTIONS
This command is intended for use only with object files created using the Dev86/ELKS toolchain. SEE ALSO
as86(1), bcc(1), ld86(1) AUTHORS
(C) 1988, 1990 Free Software Foundation Inc. Changes for ar86 by Greg Haerr <greg@censoft.com>. COPYRIGHT
The manual page was written for Debian GNU/Linux, (C) 2006 Shyamal Prasad <shyamal@member.fsf.org>. It is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 (or any later version released by the Free Software Foundation). May, 2006 ar86(1)