Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk - print all fields except for last field Post 302542665 by numele on Thursday 28th of July 2011 09:48:10 AM
Old 07-28-2011
sed '$d' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to parse with awk (using different fields), then group by a field?

When parsing multiple fields in a file using AWK, how do you group by one of the fields and parse by delimiters? to clarify If a file had tom | 223-2222-4444 , randofield ivan | 123-2422-4444 , random filed ... | and , are the delimiters ... How would you group by the social security... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Josef_Stalin
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Tab Separated Field with AWK to all and print lines of unique fields.

Hi. I have a tab separated file that has a couple nearly identical lines. When doing: sort file | uniq > file.new It passes through the nearly identical lines because, well, they still are unique. a) I want to look only at field x for uniqueness and if the content in field x is the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocket_dog
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Print from nth field to mth fields using awk

Hi, Is there any short method to print from a particular field till another filed using awk? Example File: File1 ==== 1|2|acv|vbc|......|100|342 2|3|afg|nhj|.......|100|346 Expected output: File2 ==== acv|vbc|.....|100 afg|nhj|.....|100 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to split one field and print the last two fields within the split part.

Hello; I have a file consists of 4 columns separated by tab. The problem is the third fields. Some of the them are very long but can be split by the vertical bar "|". Also some of them do not contain the string "UniProt", but I could ignore it at this moment, and sort the file afterwards. Here is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print 1st field and last 2 fields together and the rest of the fields after it using awk?

Hi experts, I need to print the first field first then last two fields should come next and then i need to print rest of the fields. Input : a1,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk,b1,b2 a2,acb,dfg,ghj,b3,c4 a3,djf,wdjg,fkg,dff,ggk,d4,d5 Expected output: a1,b1,b2,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert field between two fields using awk or sed

Hi All, I am trying to insert two columns in the following text. I tried awk but failed to achieve. Highly appreciate your help DATETIME="28-Sep-2013;20:09:08;" CONTROL="AB" echo "Myfile.txt;11671;7824.90;2822.48" The DATETIME will be inserted at the beginning and CONTROL will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove zeros from first field, but print all fields

Hello Everyone, I've got a comma-delimited file that looks like this: 0012,123 ,456 ,05/12/2014 0123,525 ,286 ,05/12/2014 0456,791 ,300 ,05/12/2014 1095,759 ,300 ,05/12/2014 1344,576 ,292 ,05/12/2014 1558,551 ,283 ,05/12/2014 002183719, , ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sort based on difference of fields and print all fields

Hi I have a file as below <field1> <field2> <field3> ... <field_num1> <field_num2> Trying to sort based on difference of <field_num1> and <field_num2> in desceding order and print all fields. I tried this and it doesn't sort on the difference field .. Appreciate your help. cat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newstart
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine all matching fields in input but only print line with largest value in specific field

In the below I am trying to use awk to match all the $13 values in input, which is tab-delimited, that are in $1 of gene which is just a single column of text. However only the line with the greatest $9 value in input needs to be printed. So in the example below all the MECP2 and LTBP1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print lines based on text in field and value in two additional fields

In the awk below I am trying to print the entire line, along with the header row, if $2 is SNV or MNV or INDEL. If that condition is met or is true, and $3 is less than or equal to 0.05, then in $7 the sub pattern :GMAF= is found and the value after the = sign is checked. If that value is less than... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
WMC(1)							      Wine Developers Manual							    WMC(1)

NAME
wrc - Wine Message Compiler SYNOPSIS
wmc [options] [inputfile] DESCRIPTION
wmc compiles messages from inputfile into FormatMessage[AW] compatible format encapsulated in a resourcescript format. wmc outputs the data either in a standard .bin formatted binary file, or can generated inline resource data. wmc takes only one inputfile as argument (see BUGS). The inputfile normally has extension .mc. The messages are read from standard input if no inputfile is given. If the outputfile is not specified with -o, then wmc will write the output to inputfile.{rc,h}. The outputfile is named wmc.tab.{rc,h} if no inputfile was given. OPTIONS
-B x Set output byte-order x={n[ative], l[ittle], b[ig]}. Default is n[ative]. -c Set 'custom-bit' in message-code values. -d NON-FUNCTIONAL; Use decimal values in output -D Set debug flag. This results is a parser trace and a lot of extra messages. -h Print an informative usage message. -H file Write headerfile to file. Default is inputfile.h. -i Inline messagetable(s). This option skips the generation of all .bin files and writes all output into the .rc file. This encoding is parsable with wrc(1). -o file Output to file. Default is inputfile.rc. -u Assume that the inputfile is in unicode. -U Write resource output in unicode formatted messagetable(s). -v Show all supported codepages and languages. -V Print version end exit. -W Enable pedantic warnings. EXTENSIONS
The original syntax is extended to support codepages more smoothly. Normally, codepages are based on the DOS-codepage from the language setting. The original syntax only allows the destination codepage to be set. However, this is not enough for non-DOS systems which do not use unicode source-files. A new keyword Codepages is introduced to set both input and output codepages to anything one wants for each language. The syntax is similar to the other constructs: Codepages '=' '(' language '=' cpin ':' cpout ... ')' The language is the numerical language-ID or the alias set with LanguageNames. The input-codepage cpin and output-codepage cpout are the numerical codepage-IDs. There can be multiple mapping within the definition and the definition may occur more than once. AUTHORS
wmc was written by Bertho A. Stultiens. BUGS
The message compiler should be able to have multiple inputfiles and combine them into one outputfile. This would enable the splitting of languages into separate files. Unicode detection of the input is suboptimal, to say the least. It should recognize byte-order-marks (BOM) and decide what to do. Decimal output is completely lacking. Don't know whether it should be implemented because it is a, well, non-informative format change. It is recognized on the commandline for some form of compatibility. AVAILABILITY
wmc is part of the wine distribution, which is available through WineHQ, the wine development headquarters, at http://www.winehq.org/. SEE ALSO
wine(1), wrc(1) Wine 1.2-rc6 October 2005 WMC(1)