Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat missing raid array after reboot Post 302529307 by oky on Thursday 9th of June 2011 03:33:03 AM
Old 06-09-2011
Did u checked whether your disks (sd [b|c] ) are available after the reboot...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Percent complete error while scanning RAID array during 5.0.6 load

Percent complete SCO 5.0.6 / No longer an issue (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Henrys
0 Replies

2. AIX

RAID level of array = false?

I created a RAID 5 array and when I list out the attributes of the "hdisk" it reports back raid_level = 5 but the RAID level of the array = false. What does this actually indicate about my array? I've never paid much attention to this until now since I have a disk reporting failure I want to make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottsl
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create RAID - Smart Array Tool - ML370

Hi guys, i must install an old old old ml370 server... I must create a RAID 5 with my 4 SCSI disk. I need a SmartStart disk for create it or a Floppy Disk called "Array configuration Tool". I don't find it on the hp website...:mad::mad::mad: Anyone have it?? Thanks in advance. Zio (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
0 Replies

4. Solaris

EFI Disk labels on 3510 raid array

Hi Peeps, Can anyone help me an EFI lablel on a 3510 raid array that I cannot get rid of, format -e and label just asks you if you want to label it. Want an SMI label writing to it. Anyone got any ideas on how to remove the EFI label? Thanks in advance Martin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Loading a RAID array after OS crash

One of my very old drive farm servers had an OS fault and can't boot now but I'd like to restore some files from it. I tried booting Ubuntu from a CD, but it couldn't see the drives -- possibly because they're RAIDed together. Is there a good way to get at my files? The data in question is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to find missing disks on Sun x4150 without reboot?

Hi, Here is the issue: There are 4 disks on this Sun x4150 system under Solaris 10, but only 1 disk can be seen by the OS. I've tried commands disks and devfsadm but not working. It's an important production server, so 'reboot -r' is not a choice. # format < /dev/null Searching for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

7. Fedora

Missing entries in log files just before/after reboot

Hello world, One of the servers, a Fedora one,rebooted today (Luckily, a testbox). I tried to get the reason the server rebooted. After going through the messages, I think that the log entries just before and after reboot are missing. Please below: (****** is the server name, for privacy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 Installation - Disks missing, and Raid

Hey everyone. First, let me start by saying I'm primarily focused on linux boxes, and just happened to get pulled into building two T5220's. I'm not super educated on sun boxes. Both T5220's have 8 146GB 15k SAS drives. Inside the service processor, I can run SHOW /SYS/HDD{0-7} and they all come... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Revive RAID 0 Array From Buffalo Duo NAS

Thank you in advanced, I had a Buffalo DUO crap out on me that was setup as RAID 0. I dont belive it was the drives but rather the controller in the DUO unit. I bought another external HDD enclosure and was able to fireup the two older DUO drives in it and I think I resembled the RAID... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
12 Replies
FSCK(8) 						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						   FSCK(8)

NAME
fsck -- filesystem consistency check and interactive repair SYNOPSIS
fsck -p [-f] fsck [-l maxparallel] [-q] [-y] [-n] [-d] DESCRIPTION
The first form of fsck preens a standard set of filesystems or the specified filesystems. It is normally used in the script /etc/rc during automatic reboot. Here fsck reads the filesystem descriptor table (using getfsent(3)) to determine which filesystems to check. Only parti- tions that have ``rw,'' ``rq'' or ``ro'' as options, and that have non-zero pass number are checked. Filesystems with pass number 1 (nor- mally just the root filesystem) are checked one at a time. When pass 1 completes, all remaining filesystems are checked, running one process per disk drive. The disk drive containing each filesystem is inferred from the shortest prefix of the device name that ends in one or more digits; the remaining characters are assumed to be the partition designator. In preening mode, filesystems that are marked clean are skipped. Filesystems are marked clean when they are unmounted, when they have been mounted read-only, or when fsck runs on them success- fully. It should be noted that fsck is now essentially a wrapper that invokes other fsck_XXX utilities as needed. Currently, fsck can invoke fsck_hfs, fsck_apfs, fsck_msdos, fsck_exfat, and fsck_udf. If this underlying process that fsck invokes encounters serious inconsistencies or the filesystem type is not one of the above, it exits with an abnormal return status and an automatic reboot will then fail. For each corrected inconsistency one or more lines will be printed identifying the filesystem on which the correction will take place, and the nature of the correction. If sent a QUIT signal, fsck will finish the filesystem checks, then exit with an abnormal return status that causes an automatic reboot to fail. This is useful when you want to finish the filesystem checks during an automatic reboot, but do not want the machine to come up multi- user after the checks complete. Without the -p option, fsck audits and interactively repairs inconsistent conditions for filesystems. It should be noted that some of the corrective actions which are not correctable under the -p option will result in some loss of data. The amount and severity of data lost may be determined from the diagnostic output. If the operator does not have write permission on the filesystem fsck will default to a -n action. The following flags are interpreted by fsck and passed along to the underlying tool that it spawns. -f Force fsck to check `clean' filesystems when preening. -l Limit the number of parallel checks to the number specified in the following argument. By default, the limit is the number of disks, running one process per disk. If a smaller limit is given, the disks are checked round-robin, one filesystem at a time. -R Specify a particular passno number for which fsck is to check. You may only specify 1 or 2. Only those filesystems matching that particular passno entry (if using fstab) will be checked. For more information on the passno field, see fstab(5). -p "Preen" mode, described above. -q Do a quick check to determine if the filesystem was unmounted cleanly. -y Assume a yes response to all questions asked by fsck; this should be used with great caution as this is a free license to con- tinue after essentially unlimited trouble has been encountered. -n Assume a no response to all questions asked by fsck except for 'CONTINUE?', which is assumed to be affirmative; do not open the filesystem for writing. If no filesystems are given to fsck then a default list of filesystems is read using getfsent(3). Because of inconsistencies between the block device and the buffer cache, the raw device should always be used. SEE ALSO
fs(5), fsck_hfs(8), fsck_apfs(8), fsck_msdos(8), getfsent(3), fstab(5,) reboot(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution May 18, 2010 4th Berkeley Distribution