Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris FC card showing "Not connected" Post 302525103 by achenle on Wednesday 25th of May 2011 05:14:51 PM
Old 05-25-2011
What's the status on the array? Can you see it on CAM or SANtricity?

Also, if you have a FC switch, try plugging the HBA into that. The SFP on the HBA could be dead.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

return code capturing for all commands connected by "|" ...

Hi, While I am using "|" to join multiple commands, I am not getting the return code when there is error in one of the commnads. Eg: b=`find /path/a*.out | xargs basename` if ; then echo "Error" fi if there is error while finding the file or getting the basename, the $? is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of times a user is "connected"?

hi i wish make a shell to look for the number of times a user is connected then makes a "whatch dog" by crontab to handle this i could do it through ps-fedal| grep user_name | wc-l ... etc. but others suggested me another algorithm :mad: and thought to use w, or finger, or who but it have a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edgar287
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Solaris

How to execute a ".profile" depending on the server from where the user is connected.

Hello, I have two Solaris servers on a cluster. I have created the same user "X"on the two nodes (same UID and same GID). The file ".profile" of this user "X" is located in a filesystem that is seen by the two nodes. Each server should have a ".profile" of this user different of the other... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
6 Replies

5. Linux

Showing "permission denied" when trying to login in - Montavista Linux

Hello friends, I have scratched my system and after that when I am trying to access the console via root login it's failing with an error message of "permission denied". I am able to access the other login, I am having only problem with root and some other user login. I am using an telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Showing "permission denied" when trying to login in - Montavista Linux

Hello friends, I have scratched my system and after that when I am trying to access the console via root login it's failing with an error message of "permission denied". I am able to access the other login, I am having only problem with root and some other user login. I am using an telnet... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"sudo su -" showing lot of information on OpenLDAP

Hello, I have configured new LDAP and new LDAP clients. When I do "sudo su -", it shows me lot of information, which is not required on screen. I am not sure, if any debug mode is enabled or from where it can be turned off. Please suggest, if it is know for you. -bash-3.2$ sudo su - sudo:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Ipadm showing "/?" in ADDROBJ on S11 local zone

Hi! I have a Solaris 11 local zone, everything is running fine, BUT, when I issue an "ipadm show-addr" from inside the local zone I get the following: root@xxxxxxx:/var/opt# ipadm show-addr ADDROBJ TYPE STATE ADDR lo0/? inherited ok 127.0.0.1/8... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtmg
2 Replies
HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)	      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions		 HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_GetBindingCapability, HBA_GetBindingSupport, HBA_SetBindingSupport - return and sets binding capabilities on an HBA port SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_HANDLE HBA_GetBindingCapability(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY *pFlags); HBA_STATUS HBA_GetBindingSupport(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY *pFlags); void HBA_SetBindingSupport(HBA_HANDLE handle, HBA_WWN hbaPortWWN, HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY Flags); PARAMETERS
handle an open handle returned from HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) hbaPortWWN the Port WWN of the local HBA through which the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA is returned pFlags a pointer to an HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY structure that returns the persistent binding capabilites implemented by the HBA Flags an HBA_BIND_CAPABILITY structure containing the persistent binding capabilites to enable for the HBA DESCRIPTION
The HBA_GetBindingCapability() function returns the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA. The HBA_GetBindingSupport() function returns the currently enabled binding capabilities for the HBA. The HBA_SetBindingSupport() function sets the currently enabled binding capabilites for the HBA to a subset of the binding capabilities implemented by the HBA. RETURN VALUES
The HBA_GetBindingCapability() and HBA_GetBindingSupport() functions return the following values: HBA_STATUS_OK Persistent binding capabilites have been returned. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN Port WWN hbaPortWWN is not a WWN contained by the HBA referenced by handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED The HBA handle specified by handle does not support persistent binding. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred. The value of pFlags remains unchanged and points to the persistent binding capabilites. The HBA_SetBindingSupport() function returns: HBA_STATUS_OK Persistent binding capabilites have been enabled. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN Port WWN hbaPortWWN is not a WWN contained by the HBA referenced by handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED The HBA handle specified by handle does not support persistent binding. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_INCAPABLE The flags argument contains a capability not implemented by the HBA. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API version 1) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 (API ver- | | |sion 2) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.11 1 Sep 2003 HBA_GetBindingCapability(3HBAAPI)