Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris 8 .iso download
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 8 .iso download Post 302515748 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 20th of April 2011 07:07:56 PM
Old 04-20-2011
Ebay currently has several Solaris 8 media kits for sale. Both Intel and Sparc. Lowest price I see is $29.00

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Tips and Tutorials

Mounting an ISO image on Solaris

Many software packages can be downloaded in the form of an ISO image. ISO images can also be created from CD and saved as ISO images: $ cat /dev/somecd > somename.iso Rather than burning the image to a CD-ROM to access its contents, it is easy to mount the image directly into the filesystem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kduffin
0 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Burning ISO of Solaris 9

Hello, This is my first time setting up a Unix system, and I'm very excited to do so, but I'm run into some problems from the get go! I downloaded Solaris 9 (I specifically need this version of Unix, as I'm gunning for a better position in my company), and got a bz2 compressed image. I intend... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeet23
3 Replies

3. Tips and Tutorials

Create a Solaris Jumpstart from iso

The Solaris 9 and later CD ISO images are laid out differently than previous versions of the ISO images for Solaris. If you just want to build a jumpstart and can afford the bandwidth to do so, download the Solaris DVD and use that instead. You don't need to do any of this with the DVD iso. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reborg
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 ISO

I'm download Sun Solaris 10 8/07 SPARC in 2 DVD ISO. (From sun.com) First ISO burn OK, but Second ISO my k3b does not distinguish as ISO a format, though all md5 sum OK! Please help! ( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 8/07 DVD ISO for SPARC

I'm in shock! Sorry =( Step 1. I'm download 2 segments of Sun Solaris 10 8/07 from Solaris Operating System - Get Solaris 10. After unzip they i have it: bash$ ls -l total 9705512 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 321 Feb 1 11:13 checksum.md5 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1621098496... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
5 Replies

6. Solaris

solaris 8 and 9 iso

hi i downloaded solaris 8 and 9 iso from sun.com. i can mount it with winmount and i can see files. but when running it from vmware it won't boot. i even do it on physical server, it won't boot as well. what should i do to make this installation boot? thanks itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris ISO image

Hi All, Can anyone give me the lnik to download the iso image file Solaris 10 . I need to install it on my local machine . Pls help me out. VINU (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinuvinod
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Fresh install of solaris 10 using an ISO

Hi all Im rebuilding an 6800 domain with solaris 10. Server is located in a different town and cant be bothered to drive down and install a dvd into its drive. So, apart from jumpstarting it and using a local DVD, is there a way I can an ISO image to build a new client ?? eg. mount an ISO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 iso CD available?

I'm starting a project to replace the boot drive on my Sparc 10 Ultra running Solaris 10. Apparently, to do this I will need to boot from cdrom after installing the new drive. I went to the Orcale download site but they only have a DVD ISO for Solaris 10. Unfortunately, my machine only has a CD... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
12 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 4.3 ISO download link require

i need to download 4.3 ISO because my server rs6000 no display and i want to install on ther intel server to get data Also, help me installed cobol database on aix server can work on sco cobol ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajan Ghanshyam
2 Replies
kits(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   kits(1)

NAME
kits - Generates setld format distribution kits SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/kits key-file input-path output-path [subset...] OPERANDS
The pathname of the manufacturing key file which describes the product to be kitted. Unless optional subset arguments are specified, all subsets listed in the descriptor section of the key-file are kitted. The pathname which specifies the top of a hierarchy of files. This hierarchy contains the files which are to be kitted into subsets. The name of the directory to be used to store the subset image and data files produced by the command. The names of individual subsets can be specified by optionally listing them on the command line. If they are specified, only those subsets are kitted. The kits program assumes that all other subsets for the product have been kitted and that their images are in the directory specified by output-path. The key file specified must contain descriptors for each of the optional named subsets. DESCRIPTION
The kits command produces subset images, inventories, and control files for an installation using the setld command. You need to know the key file which describes the product to be built, a hierarchy from which the component files to be kitted are to be taken, and a destina- tion directory into which the kit information is to be placed. In the output-path directory, the kits command produces a subset image file for each subset and a product_code.image file listing all the kit's subsets. In the instctrl subdirectory of output-path, kits produces an inventory file and a control file. The optional subset con- trol program for any subset in the kit is transferred to output-path/instctrl. An instctrl directory is created if none existed. RESTRICTIONS
Any subset control programs to be provided with the kit must be located in a directory named scps in the working directory where the kits program is invoked. If no subset control program is found for a subset, an empty one is created. ERRORS
The kits program was unable to find the key-file specified on the command line. The kits program was unable to find the specified input- path. The kits program was unable to find the specified output-path. The kits program cannot create an instctrl directory under output- path. Check that the user has write permission to output-path. One of the NAME, CODE, VERS, MI or ROOT values in the specified key-file is either missing or has a null value. The master inventory file pathname specified in the MI entry of the key-file cannot be found. Verify that the pathname is accessible from the current directory. There are no records in the master inventory file for a subset which is being kitted. Check the master inventory file for correctness of content and format. A subset name specified on the command line does not have a descriptor line in the key-file. Check the spelling of the subset name on the command line. Check the contents of the key-file. The compression option was specified in the key-file and an attempt to compress a subset failed. This should not happen. Run the kits program again. EXAMPLES
Produce a kit using key file ULT400.k in the current directory to package files from the hierarchy /var/kits/input, and place the results in /var/kits/output. kits OAT100.k /var/kits/input /var/kits/output Produce a kit using key file ULT400.k in the current directory to package files from the hierarchy /var/kits/input, and place the results in /var/kits/output, but create only the OATDCB100 subset. kits OAT100.k /var/kits/input /var/kits/output OATDCB100 FILES
Log of subset packaging activity SEE ALSO
invcutter(1), newinv(1), tarsets(1), setld(8) stl_comp(4), stl_ctrl(4), stl_image(4), stl_key(4), stl_mi(4), stl_scp(4) Guide to Preparing Product Kits kits(1)