Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Precedence in operators issue Post 302504524 by arvindspr06 on Monday 14th of March 2011 08:18:06 PM
Old 03-14-2011
Thanks .. i fixed it by grepping the path from /etc/password and changing it to that location. However the below approach did not work for me on HPUX 11.23

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

EOF & precedence of !=

Gurus, I am teaching myself C and have a question. I wrote a small prog that reads characters as entered at the prompt and checks the value for EOF. Unless I am 100% wrong, the value will be '1' until getchar() has anything to read in my stream. /* PROG 1 */ #include <stdio.h> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

precedence of stderr and stdout

#!/usr/bin/perl open(STDOUT, ">>$Textfile") open(STDERR, ">>$Textfile") print "program running\n"; $final = join("+", $initial,$final) #5 close (STDOUT); close (STDERR);Hi all, above is my perl code. Notice i have captured the stdout and stderr to the same textfile. my code is expected to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting precedence with getopts

Hi, I am re-writing a script I wrote which emulated the "rm" command, in my orginal script I had problems with precedence, I did find a way round it by creating a seperate case statements which checked the options and performed the actions accordingly, does anyone know if I can use getopts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jack1981
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operators

I am trying to understand Does the following: {tmp+=$10} Mean take $10 and add them all up and call it tmp thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
2 Replies

5. Programming

Makefile -> pc precedence over c

Hi All, I have created a common makefile that compiles both pc and c files. i have created the dependency between the files as .pc.o: ----------- .c.o: ----------- I will be deleting the .c files created from the .pc files, once the object file is created. ( better storage... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: quintet
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operators

I really don't know the meaning of these operators. Could someone explain the meanings so I can make my test for today? <, <=, ==, !=, >=, >, ||, &&, ! ~ , !~ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erjen
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Operators

I really don't know the meaning of these operators. Could someone explain the meanings? <, <=, ==, !=, >=, >, ||, &&, ! ~ , !~ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erjen
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

issue with multiple logical operators

Hi, shell is /bin/ksh I am trying to do the following in my code.. but its showing me an error if ] && ] ]]; then echo "id is $ida and chk_dy is $chk_dy" fi the error I get is syntax error at line 23 : `"$ida"' unexpected I need to execute the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nss280
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What should be precedence of using awk, sed, head and tail in UNIX?

Hi All, I am new to unix. In this forum some days back, I have read something like below: 1) Do not use perl if awk can do your work. 2) Do not use awk if sed can do your work. . . . I do not re-collect the whole thing. I think it is good to know the precedence of using these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
2 Replies
lchage(1)						      General Commands Manual							 lchage(1)

NAME
lchage - Display or change user password policy SYNOPSIS
lchage [OPTION]... user DESCRIPTION
Displays or allows changing password policy of user. OPTIONS
-d, --date=days Set the date of last password change to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable password expiration (i.e. to ignore --mindays, and --maxdays and related settings). Set days to 0 to enforce password change on next login. (This also disables password expiration until the password is changed.) -E, --expire=days Set the account expiration date to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable account expiration. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -I, --inactive=days Disable the account after days after password expires (after the user is required to change the password). Set days to -1 to keep the account enabled indefinitely after password expiration. -l, --list Only list current user's policy and make no changes. -m, --mindays=days Require at least days days between password changes. Set days to 0 or -1 to disable this requirement. If this value is larger than the value set by --maxdays, the user cannot change the pasword. -M, --maxdays=days Require changing the password after days since last password change. Set days to -1 to disable password expiration. -W, --warndays=days Start warning the user days before password expires (before the user is required to change the password). Set days to 0 or -1 to disable the warning. EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. NOTES
Note that "account expiration" (set by --expire) is distinct from "password expiration" (set by --maxdays). Account expiration happens on a fixed date regardless of password changes. Password expiration is relative to the date of last password change. libuser Nov 8 2012 lchage(1)