Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Identify high values "˙" in a text file using Unix command Post 302504244 by panyam on Monday 14th of March 2011 06:21:28 AM
Old 03-14-2011
Code:

can you try something like this:

cat > input_file
abcZ]fdsGGG

printf `cat input_file ` | od -An -to1
141 142 143 132 135 146 144 163 107 107 107

Now , based on ascii value , you have to search for the special character and then you can get that position as well.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "at" / "Cron" Command New Problem...Need help

Hi All, I am trying to schedule a one time job using the at command with the help of shell script for my project. The shell script should take a parameter as a command line argument from the at command itself. Is it possible to take a command line parameter for a shell script in the command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohanraj
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Need to identify the process/app which is triggering the error "vmunix: file: table is full"

Hi, I'm seeing the error vmunix: file: table is full in syslog.log. Although changing the value of the kernel parameter nfile would make this error go away, how would I identify which process/application in the server is triggering this error? The server is a HP-UX B.11.11. Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enchogas
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

identify files with "Normal termination" and compress them into a .tar.gz file

Hi, I have hundreds of files "*.out" located in one folder, and I want to: 1. Identify the good files containing "Normal termination" (grep "Normal termination" *.out ) 2. Compress the good files into a tar.gz file (tar cvfz good.tar.gz *.goog.out ) Is there a way I can automate this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockytodd
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

6. Red Hat

Using "ps" command to find high processes

Sometimes idle process(%98) and load average(98.32) are very high. When its happen I check with "top" command and I kill visible process. After killing machine status already same. How can I check high process using ps command. I want to find that which processes are using more than %50 CPU or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please identify "unexpected end of file" bug

This is a script I got off the web for transferring Safari's "reading list" to the Pocket app. I ran it in terminal with the command bash exportsafarireadinglist.sh and got syntax error: unexpected end of file. Thanks for any help! The code: #!/bin/bash # Script to export Safari's reading... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdog126
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify varying unique fields values from a text file in UNIX?

Hi, I have a huge unsorted text file. We wanted to identify the unique field values in a line and consider those fields as a primary key for a table in upstream system. Basically, the process or script should fetch the values from each line that are unique compared to the rest of the lines in... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: manikandan23
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
mlib_SignalLimit(3MLIB) 				    mediaLib Library Functions					   mlib_SignalLimit(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_SignalLimit, mlib_SignalLimit_S16_S16, mlib_SignalLimit_S16S_S16S, mlib_SignalLimit_S16, mlib_SignalLimit_S16S, mlib_Signal- Limit_F32_F32, mlib_SignalLimit_F32S_F32S, mlib_SignalLimit_F32, mlib_SignalLimit_F32S - signal hard limiting SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_SignalLimit_S16_S16(mlib_s16 *dst, const mlib_s16 *src, const mlib_s16 *low, const mlib_s16 *high, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalLimit_S16S_S16S(mlib_s16 *dst, const mlib_s16 *src, const mlib_s16 *low, const mlib_s16 *high, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalLimit_S16(mlib_s16 *srcdst, const mlib_s16 *low, const mlib_s16 *high, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalLimit_S16S(mlib_s16 *srcdst, const mlib_s16 *low, const mlib_s16 *high, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalLimit_F32_F32(mlib_f32 *dst, const mlib_f32 *src, const mlib_f32 *low, const mlib_f32 *high, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalLimit_F32S_F32S(mlib_f32 *dst, const mlib_f32 *src, const mlib_f32 *low, const mlib_f32 *high, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalLimit_F32(mlib_f32 *srcdst, const mlib_f32 *low, const mlib_f32 *high, mlib_s32 n); mlib_status mlib_SignalLimit_F32S(mlib_f32 *srcdst, const mlib_f32 *low, const mlib_f32 *high, mlib_s32 n); DESCRIPTION
Each of these functions performs hard limiting. For monaural signals, the following equation is used: dst[i] = low[0] if src[i] < low[0] dst[i] = src[i] if low[0] <= src[i] < high[0] dst[i] = high[0] if src[i] >= high[0] where i = 0, 1, ..., (n - 1). For stereo signals, the following equation is used: dst[2*i] = low[0] if src[2*i] < low[0] dst[2*i] = src[2*i] if low[0] <= src[2*i] < high[0] dst[2*i] = high[0] if src[2*i] >= high[0] dst[2*i+1] = low[1] if src[2*i+1] < low[1] dst[2*i+1] = src[2*i+1] if low[1] <= src[2*i+1] < high[1] dst[2*i+1] = high[1] if src[2*i+1] >= high[1] where i = 0, 1, ..., (n - 1). PARAMETERS
Each of the functions takes some of the following arguments: dst Destination signal array. src Source signal array. srcdst Source and destination signal array. low Lower input limit. In the stereo version, low[0] contains the lower limit for channel 0, and low[1] contains the lower limit for channel 1. high Upper input limit. In the stereo version. high[0] contains the upper limit for channel 0, and high[1] contains the upper limit for channel 1. n Number of samples in the source signal array. RETURN VALUES
Each of the functions returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2004 mlib_SignalLimit(3MLIB)