Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Get CPU,Memory utilization by process id Post 302486778 by methyl on Monday 10th of January 2011 09:40:15 AM
Old 01-10-2011
Using the "UNIX95= " prefix (the space after the equals sign is important) you can use the alternative "ps" syntax as described in "man ps". This enables you to choose whatever fields you like in whatever order:

Code:
Some examples:

For a single process (in this case PID 4161)
UNIX95= ps -p 4161 -o pid,sz,pcpu,ruser,args

For all processes:
UNIX95= ps -e -o pid,sz,pcpu,ruser,args

Top 5 highest cpu user
UNIX95= ps -e -o pcpu,pid | sort -n -r |grep -v "%CPU"|head -5

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Utilization for memory and cpu

Hi all I need command to give me the utilization for memory and cpu,and how can I know if the utilization ok or no? for example in hp unix #top it is give me utilize for cpu and memory and also I can know if utilize ok or no. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: magasem
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory and CPU utilization process

Hi, I need to check which process in linux is taking high memory and which process is taking high cpu usage. Regards, Bash (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU/Memory utilization

hi guys I just want to know how to get the cpu/memory utilization of a running script? Well i know that I can use the sar command but it shows the whole system's statistics. Is it possible to get the stats of a single scirpt or a single running service? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CPU Utilization and Memory Usage

Can any one suggest me, how to get the last week's (Last n weeks) average CPU utilization and Memory usage? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting CPU utilization and memory for a process

I am trying to get cpu util and memory occupied for a process. I use these (I am showing output also): using top ---------- $ top p 25272 d 5 top - 01:52:17 up 2 days, 21:28, 2 users, load average: 0.02, 0.05, 0.06 Tasks: 1 total, 0 running, 1 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radiatejava
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get CPU,Memory utilization by process id

Hi , We need to get the CPU% and Memory utilization of process by process id. Is there any way to do get them ? I tried few commands like top -p <PID> , but am getting error "Quitting top: pset <PID> doesn't exist" also i tried with ps -eo option but am getting error "ps: illegal option --... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_g
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

CPU and memory utilization of a process, by process name

Can someone please help me with a script that will help in identifying the CPU & memory usage by a process name, rather than a process id.This is to primarily analyze the consumption of resources, for performance tweaking. G (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
4 Replies

9. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

CPU Utilization and Memory Utilization of Services and Applications

Hi, i am new to linux/RHEL 6.0 and i have two questions. 1) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Services running currently? 2) How to get the CPU utilization and Memory Utilization of all Applications running currently? Please help me to find the script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nossam
2 Replies
KVM_GETPCPU(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					    KVM_GETPCPU(3)

NAME
kvm_dpcpu_setcpu kvm_getmaxcpu, kvm_getpcpu -- access per-CPU data LIBRARY
Kernel Data Access Library (libkvm, -lkvm) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/pcpu.h> #include <sys/sysctl.h> #include <kvm.h> int kvm_dpcpu_setcpu(kvm_t *kd, u_int cpu); int kvm_getmaxcpu(kvm_t *kd); int kvm_getncpus(kvm_t *kd); void * kvm_getpcpu(kvm_t *kd, int cpu); ssize_t kvm_read_zpcpu(kvm_t *kd, u_long base, void *buf, size_t size, int cpu); uint64_t kvm_counter_u64_fetch(kvm_t *kd, u_long base); DESCRIPTION
The kvm_dpcpu_setcpu(), kvm_getmaxcpu(), and kvm_getpcpu() functions are used to access the per-CPU data of active processors in the kernel indicated by kd. Per-CPU storage comes in two flavours: data stored directly in a struct pcpu associated with each CPU, and dynamic per-CPU storage (DPCPU), in which a single kernel symbol refers to different data depending on what CPU it is accessed from. The kvm_getmaxcpu() function returns the maximum number of CPUs supported by the kernel. The kvm_getncpus() function returns the current number of CPUs in the kernel. The kvm_getpcpu() function returns a buffer holding the per-CPU data for a single CPU. This buffer is described by the struct pcpu type. The caller is responsible for releasing the buffer via a call to free(3) when it is no longer needed. If cpu is not active, then NULL is returned instead. The kvm_read_zpcpu() function is used to obtain private per-CPU copy from a UMA_ZONE_PCPU zone(9). It takes base argument as base address of an allocation and copyies size bytes into buf from the part of allocation that is private to cpu. The kvm_counter_u64_fetch() function fetches value of a counter(9) pointed by base address. Symbols for dynamic per-CPU data are accessed via kvm_nlist(3) as with other symbols. libkvm maintains a notion of the "current CPU", set by kvm_dpcpu_setcpu, which defaults to 0. Once another CPU is selected, kvm_nlist(3) will return pointers to that data on the appropriate CPU. CACHING
kvm_getmaxcpu() and kvm_getpcpu() cache the nlist values for various kernel variables which are reused in successive calls. You may call either function with kd set to NULL to clear this cache. RETURN VALUES
On success, the kvm_getmaxcpu() function returns the maximum number of CPUs supported by the kernel. If an error occurs, it returns -1 instead. On success, the kvm_getpcpu() function returns a pointer to an allocated buffer or NULL. If an error occurs, it returns -1 instead. On success, the kvm_dpcpu_setcpu() call returns 0; if an error occurs, it returns -1 instead. On success, the kvm_read_zpcpu() function returns number of bytes copied. If an error occurs, it returns -1 instead. If any function encounters an error, then an error message may be retrieved via kvm_geterr(3). SEE ALSO
free(3), kvm(3), counter(9), zone(9) BSD
February 12, 2014 BSD