Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash XML Parsing using Perl XPath Post 302485941 by jfmorales on Thursday 6th of January 2011 02:07:29 PM
Old 01-06-2011
Bug Solved

Thanks, fpmurphy! Your example worked perfectly, with only a slight adjustment for the differing syntax of xpath on my system:

xpath -e "count(//bread)" input.xml 2>/dev/null

The 2>/dev/null that you included at the end is particularly nice as it suppresses some unnecessary text from the reply.

Joseph

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of bash parsing script to perl?

I need help with a perl parsing script. I have some error logs on a windows machine that I need to parse from a text file, but I know nothing about perl. I usually run this bash script on my linux box and it does just what I need. How would I do the same thing with perl and port it to my windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

xml parsing error in perl

******************PERL VERSION************************ This is perl, v5.8.1 built for i386-linux-thread-multi ERROR!!!!---Undefined subroutine &main::start called at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/XML/Parser/Expat.pm line 469. *********************PERL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl parsing compared to Ksh parsing

#! /usr/local/bin/perl -w $ip = "$ARGV"; $rw = "$ARGV"; $snmpg = "/usr/local/bin/snmpbulkget -v2c -Cn1 -Cn2 -Os -c $rw"; $snmpw = "/usr/local/bin/snmpwalk -Os -c $rw"; $syst=`$snmpg $ip system sysName sysObjectID`; sysDescr.0 = STRING: Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popeye
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random XML Parsing - using Perl

Given the XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <reference> <refbody> <section> <p> <ul> <li><xref href="file1.dita#anchor" /></li> <li><xref href="file2.dita#anchor" /></li> </ul> </p> </section> <section> <p> <xref href="file3.dita#anchor" /> </p> <p> <xref... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricksj
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing XML result by using perl?

for some reasons, i need to parse the XML result by using perl. for instance, this is a sample XML result: <Response> <status>success</status> <answer>AAA::AAA</answer> <answer>BBB::BBB</answer> </Response> then i can use this way : my @output = (); foreach my $parts (@all) ##@all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger2000
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract TAG name and XPATH from XML file via shellscript

Hi, Here is a sample xml file and expected output. I need to extract the element/tag name (not value) and xpath (sample output.txt). But the main problem is I put here one simple xml file where I can clearly see the number of elements, but in real time I have a xml file which have over 500... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: BithunC
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in parsing XML output file in perl.

Hi I have an XML output like : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> - <envelope> - <body> - <outputGetUsageSummary> - <usgSumm rerateDone="5"> - <usageAccum accumId="269" accumCaptn="VD_DP_AR" inclUnits="9999999.00" inclUnitsUsed="0.00" shared="false" pooled="false"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML: parsing of the Google contacts XML file

I am trying to parse the XML Google contact file using tools like xmllint and I even dived into the XSL Style Sheets using xsltproc but I get nowhere. I can not supply any sample file as it contains private data but you can download your own contacts using this script: #!/bin/sh # imports... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

i have xml output in below format... <AlertsResponse> <Alert id="11216" name="fgdfg"> <AlertActionLog timestamp="1356521629778" user="admin" detail="Recovery Alert"/> </Alert> <Alert id="11215" name="gdfg <AlertActionLog timestamp="1356430119840" user=""... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML (and insert data) then output data (bash / Solaris)

Hi folks I have a script I wrote that basically parses a bunch of config and xml files works out were to add in the new content then spits out the data into a new file. It all works - apart from the xml and config file format in the new file with XML files the original XML (that ends up in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfinch
2 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
cibadmin command [options] [data] DESCRIPTION
cibadmin - Provides direct access to the cluster configuration. Allows the configuration, or sections of it, to be queried, modified, replaced and deleted. Where necessary, XML data will be obtained using the -X, -x, or -p options OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output Commands: -u, --upgrade Upgrade the configuration to the latest syntax -Q, --query Query the contents of the CIB -E, --erase Erase the contents of the whole CIB -B, --bump Increase the CIB's epoch value by 1 -C, --create Create an object in the CIB. Will fail if the object already exists. -M, --modify Find the object somewhere in the CIB's XML tree and update it. Fails if the object does not exist unless -c is specified -P, --patch Supply an update in the form of an xml diff (See also: crm_diff) -R, --replace Recursivly replace an object in the CIB -D, --delete Delete the first object matching the supplied criteria, Eg. <op id="rsc1_op1" name="monitor"/> The tagname and all attributes must match in order for the element to be deleted -d, --delete-all When used with --xpath, remove all matching objects in the configuration instead of just the first one -5, --md5-sum Calculate the on-disk CIB digest -6, --md5-sum-versioned Calculate an on-the-wire versioned CIB digest -S, --sync (Advanced) Force a refresh of the CIB to all nodes -a, --empty Output an empty CIB Additional options: -f, --force -t, --timeout=value Time (in seconds) to wait before declaring the operation failed -s, --sync-call Wait for call to complete before returning -l, --local Command takes effect locally. Should only be used for queries -c, --allow-create (Advanced) Allow the target of a --modify,-M operation to be created if they do not exist -n, --no-children (Advanced) When querying an object, do not return include its children in the result Data: -X, --xml-text=value Retrieve XML from the supplied string -x, --xml-file=value Retrieve XML from the named file -p, --xml-pipe Retrieve XML from stdin -o, --scope=value Limit the scope of the operation to a specific section of the CIB. Valid values are: nodes, resources, constraints, crm_config, rsc_defaults, op_defaults, status -A, --xpath=value A valid XPath to use instead of --scope,-o -e, --node-path When performing XPath queries, return the address of any matches found. Eg: /cib/configuration/resources/master[@id='ms_RH1_SCS']/primitive[@id='prm_RH1_SCS'] -N, --node=value (Advanced) Send command to the specified host EXAMPLES
Query the configuration from the local node: # cibadmin --query --local Query the just the cluster options configuration: # cibadmin --query --scope crm_config Query all 'target-role' settings: # cibadmin --query --xpath "//nvpair[@name='target-role']" Remove all 'is-managed' settings: # cibadmin --delete-all --xpath "//nvpair[@name='is-managed']" Remove the resource named 'old': # cibadmin --delete --xml-text '<primitive id="old"/>' Remove all resources from the configuration: # cibadmin --replace --scope resources --xml-text '<resources/>' Replace the complete configuration with the contents of $HOME/pacemaker.xml: # cibadmin --replace --xml-file $HOME/pacemaker.xml Replace the constraints section of the configuration with the contents of $HOME/constraints.xml: # cibadmin --replace --scope constraints --xml-file $HOME/constraints.xml Increase the configuration version to prevent old configurations from being loaded accidentally: # cibadmin --modify --xml-text '<cib admin_epoch="admin_epoch++"/>' Edit the configuration with your favorite $EDITOR: # cibadmin --query > $HOME/local.xml # $EDITOR $HOME/local.xml # cibadmin --replace --xml-file $HOME/local.xml SEE ALSO: crm(8), pcs(8), crm_shadow(8) AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.10-29.el7 June 2014 PACEMAKER(8)