Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Android Will You Move to an Android Phone or Tablet? Post 302484703 by Corona688 on Monday 3rd of January 2011 12:01:28 AM
Old 01-03-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with a GUI on a platform designed to be manipulated with our finger and not a mouse or traditional keyboard, BTW.
Who said anything about keyboard? I'm talking about scripting. Using one program from another without having to do simulated mouseclicks etc. I've nothing against a good GUI. But if that's all there is...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Android

Android Scripting Environment: Shell Scripting and Android

I just upgraded to Android 2.2 from 2.1. The GPS issue that was troublesome in 2.1 seems to have been fixed. Some of web browsing seems faster, but it could just be my connection is better today ;) Flash works in some browsers but not very good and it is too slow for Flash apps designed for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Which Tablet to Choose?

Currently in the process of looking for a tablet. Which one is best? Thanks Benjamin Mauerberger (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hlinks12
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris View/Transfer Files Android Phone

I'm trying to sync/transfer files from my UNIX box and Android Phone and vice versa. I know that Android Phones show up seamlessly (mostly) in Linux given their incestuous relationship. Is there a way to do it in UNIX or more specifically in Solaris 11.3 (i86)?:confused: I haven't found one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nostradamus1973
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How do i start a new thread with my android phone?

thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
6 Replies
KBD_MODE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       KBD_MODE(1)

NAME
kbd_mode - report or set the keyboard mode SYNOPSIS
kbd_mode [ -a | -u | -k | -s ] [ -C CONSOLE ] DESCRIPTION
Without argument, kbd_mode prints the current keyboard mode (RAW, MEDIUMRAW or XLATE). With argument, it sets the keyboard mode as indi- cated: -s: scancode mode (RAW), -k: keycode mode (MEDIUMRAW), -a: ASCII mode (XLATE), -u: UTF-8 mode (UNICODE). Of course the "-a" is only traditional, and the code used can be any 8-bit character set. With "-u" a 16-bit character set is expected, and these chars are transmitted to the kernel as 1, 2, or 3 bytes (following the UTF-8 coding). In these latter two modes the key mapping defined by loadkeys(1) is used. kbd_mode operates on the console specified by the "-C" option; if there is none, the console associated with stdin is used. Warning: changing the keyboard mode, other than between ASCII and Unicode, will probably make your keyboard unusable. This command is only meant for use (say via remote login) when some program left your keyboard in the wrong state. Note that in some obsolete versions of this program the "-u" option was a synonym for "-s". SEE ALSO
loadkeys(1) 6 Apr 1994 KBD_MODE(1)