Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rescan LUNs on Linux VM
Operating Systems Linux Rescan LUNs on Linux VM Post 302480934 by Scott on Thursday 16th of December 2010 07:09:27 AM
Old 12-16-2010
Without knowing too much about your setup, I normally do something like:

Code:
for H in /sys/class/scsi_host/*; do
  echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/$H/scan
done

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Scott For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP LV's for Hitachin Luns

Hi, This is my first post and I hope I can present my questions the right way. I am going to be asked to create logical volumes for a Hitachi SAN device on a New HP 11 server. Currently, They are running their data on a EMC (prod server). They are looking to convert the data and filesystems over to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uni-dev
3 Replies

2. AIX

creating luns vg

Hi All, I have these config on my old ssa. Vg4 22GB (pps 256) Vg2 88GB (pps 128) Vg3 22GB (pps 256) Vg8 88GB (pps 128) Vg13 106GB (pps 32) Vg12 106GB (pps 32) Vg10 54GB (pps 64) Vg11 54GB (pps 64) When I create a lun on my san do I need to specify the same pps. If yes,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. AIX

LUNS in AIX

Hi team, 2E493F13 0612155010 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612155010 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612155010 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612154910 P H dac0 ARRAY OPERATION ERROR 2E493F13 0612154910 P H dac0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
4 Replies

4. Solaris

luns

how to create luns plzzzzzz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nsusheelgoud
1 Replies

5. BSD

How to rescan scsi bus without reboot on OpenBSD

Hello, My question as title, I don't know the exact command, anyone could tell me about it? Kevin (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: guixingyi
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Scan For new LUNS

In Solaris the administrator has to update /kernel/drv/sd.conf file to tell the sd driver to scan for a broader range of scsi devices. Can someone please tell me what file needs to be update in Redhat Linux 5 for the same. Second part of the question is WWN for HBA's can be found (atleast in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Rescan scsi not working in Redhat 9

Hi all i am adding one more scsi hdd in my vmware testing environment with Redhat 9 . But the following commands are not working i found that these commands working on rhel 6. ls /sys/class/scsi_host echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host0/scan please let me know the commands for rehat... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Rescan for scsi

Hi All, is there a way of rescanning for newly attached SCSI without rebooting the server? any help greatly appreciated thanks in advance Kb (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kilobyter
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

FC Luns rescan issue

Hi all we have two Rac cluster in our environment. we have asked our storage team to provide luns for adding space to our rac. Right now in one our server luns are visible but not in another. But if i see dmesg in servers i can see disk attached but not able to see them. even iostat showing... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit6in
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Are these SAN LUNs really not mounted?

Hello everyone. I've been asked to check if something is wrong with the storage setup on these two SunOS 5.10 machines, which are being used as database servers with Oracle RAC configuration. Seems to be that the DB guy is complaining, telling that they are nearly out of space, which sounds... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kacareu
4 Replies
HPSA(4) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   HPSA(4)

NAME
hpsa - HP Smart Array SCSI driver SYNOPSIS
modprobe hpsa [ hpsa_allow_any=1 ] DESCRIPTION
hpsa is a SCSI driver for HP Smart Array RAID controllers. Options hpsa_allow_any=1: This option allows the driver to attempt to operate on any HP Smart Array hardware RAID controller, even if it is not explicitly known to the driver. This allows newer hardware to work with older drivers. Typically this is used to allow installation of operating systems from media that predates the RAID controller, though it may also be used to enable hpsa to drive older controllers that would normally be handled by the cciss(4) driver. These older boards have not been tested and are not supported with hpsa, and cciss(4) should still be used for these. Supported Hardware The hpsa driver supports the following Smart Array boards: Smart Array P700M Smart Array P212 Smart Array P410 Smart Array P410i Smart Array P411 Smart Array P812 Smart Array P712m Smart Array P711m StorageWorks P1210m Configuration Details To configure HP Smart Array controllers, use the HP Array Configuration Utility (either hpacuxe(8) or hpacucli(8)) or the Offline ROM-based Configuration Utility (ORCA) run from the Smart Array's option ROM at boot time. FILES
Device Nodes Logical drives are accessed via the SCSI disk driver (sd(4)), tape drives via the SCSI tape driver (st(4)), and the RAID controller via the SCSI generic driver (sg(4)), with device nodes named /dev/sd*, /dev/st*, and /dev/sg*, respectively. HPSA-Specific Host Attribute Files in /sys /sys/class/scsi_host/host*/rescan This is a write-only attribute. Writing to this attribute will cause the driver to scan for new, changed, or removed devices (e.g,. hot-plugged tape drives, or newly configured or deleted logical drives, etc.) and notify the SCSI midlayer of any changes detected. Normally a rescan is triggered automatically by HP's Array Configuration Utility (either the GUI or the command-line variety); thus, for logical drive changes, the user should not normally have to use this attribute. This attribute may be useful when hot plugging devices like tape drives, or entire storage boxes containing pre-configured logical drives. /sys/class/scsi_host/host*/firmware_revision This attribute contains the firmware version of the Smart Array. For example: # cd /sys/class/scsi_host/host4 # cat firmware_revision 7.14 HPSA-Specific Disk Attribute Files in /sys /sys/class/scsi_disk/c:b:t:l/device/unique_id This attribute contains a 32 hex-digit unique ID for each logical drive. For example: # cd /sys/class/scsi_disk/4:0:0:0/device # cat unique_id 600508B1001044395355323037570F77 /sys/class/scsi_disk/c:b:t:l/device/raid_level This attribute contains the RAID level of each logical drive. For example: # cd /sys/class/scsi_disk/4:0:0:0/device # cat raid_level RAID 0 /sys/class/scsi_disk/c:b:t:l/device/lunid This attribute contains the 16 hex-digit (8 byte) LUN ID by which a logical drive or physical device can be addressed. c:b:t:l are the controller, bus, target and lun of the device. For example: # cd /sys/class/scsi_disk/4:0:0:0/device # cat lunid 0x0000004000000000 Supported ioctl() operations For compatibility with applications written for the cciss(4) driver, many, but not all of the ioctls supported by the cciss(4) driver are also supported by the hpsa driver. The data structures used by these ioctls are described in the Linux kernel source file include/linux/cciss_ioctl.h. CCISS_DEREGDISK, CCISS_REGNEWDISK, CCISS_REGNEWD These three ioctls all do exactly the same thing, which is to cause the driver to rescan for new devices. This does exactly the same thing as writing to the hpsa-specific host "rescan" attribute. CCISS_GETPCIINFO Returns PCI domain, bus, device and function and "board ID" (PCI subsystem ID). CCISS_GETDRIVVER Returns driver version in three bytes encoded as: (major_version << 16) | (minor_version << 8) | (subminor_version) CCISS_PASSTHRU, CCISS_BIG_PASSTHRU Allows "BMIC" and "CISS" commands to be passed through to the Smart Array. These are used extensively by the HP Array Configuration Utility, SNMP storage agents, etc. See cciss_vol_status at <http://cciss.sf.net> for some examples. SEE ALSO
cciss(4), sd(4), st(4), cciss_vol_status(8), hpacucli(8), hpacuxe(8), <http://cciss.sf.net>, and Documentation/scsi/hpsa.txt and Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-pci-devices-cciss in the Linux kernel source tree COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2012-08-05 HPSA(4)