Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I get only FileName associated with a INODE on Unix much faster? Post 302478406 by frank_rizzo on Tuesday 7th of December 2010 11:21:00 PM
Old 12-08-2010
try adding the -xdev option assuming the file is on /

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Filename length restrictions?

Can anyone help me out with information on the filename length restrictions in UNIX? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xmeh
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to map a disk block to filename/ Inode

Hi, I want to find out a particular disk block belong to which file. in solaris 2.8 Can anyone help. Thanks and Regards Bala (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balamurugan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unix inode structure.

I have read quite a few threads here about the unix file creation date. I was interested in finding how to display it using a unix command. find did not help me so i looked at man inode. I found direction to htino.h which is described as the structure of the inode for S51K (UNIX), HTFS, EAFS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbn
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix file system V filename limit

Why unix system V has a filename size limit of 14 characters.How other versions of Unix got around this problem.Can anybody help? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: admirer
7 Replies

5. AIX

How to get the filename of which has been deleted if I know the inode number?

How to get the filename of which has been deleted if I know the inode number. i can use the command "istat" to get the inode number of the file. # istat /proc//fd/x If this file has been deleted,but the process of this file has not been closed and handle has not been released ,so this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoyOnLine
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

inode filename

can someone please tell me why is the filename not inlcuded in the inode of the file? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wowman
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX command to get inode's tid and pid

Hi everyone, I am new here in www.unix.com, i found this site because I am looking for an answer to this problem of mine. I need to know a UNIX command to display an inode's thread id and process id. Hope someone can help me on this. Thanks :D (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rodkun
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get redirected filename inside unix script

Hi All, I am having a script which calculate checks the input feed and perform some function. When i am executing this script i am redirecting this to a output file. I want to know the redirected output file name inside my scripts. Is there is any way to get that . like the same way we... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename check in UNIX

Hello , I have to search for the file names which will either has ABC_DEF or NN in their filename Please note that both cannot appear in the same file name currently I am using ls -lrt /zthetl/SrcFiles/*ABC_DEF*.xls| head -1 | nawk '{print $9}' How to combine the NN in this code?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to display the filename

Hi All How to answer the below interview question.. With a path and filename of "/mydir1/mydir2/mydir3/myfilenane.dat" write a UNIX script to display the filename (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shumail
2 Replies
KLDCONFIG(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      KLDCONFIG(8)

NAME
kldconfig -- display or modify the kernel module search path SYNOPSIS
kldconfig [-dfimnUv] [-S sysctlname] [path ...] kldconfig -r DESCRIPTION
The kldconfig utility displays or modifies the search path used by the kernel when loading modules using the kldload(8) utility or the kldload(2) syscall. The following options are available: -d Remove the specified paths from the module search path. -f Do not display a diagnostic message if a path specified for adding is already present in the search path, or if a path specified for removing is not present in the search path. This may be useful in startup/shutdown scripts for adding a path to a file system which is still not mounted, or in shutdown scripts for unconditionally removing a path that may have been added during startup. -i Add the specified paths to the beginning of the search path, not to the end. This option can only be used when adding paths. -m Instead of replacing the module search path with the set of paths specified, ``merge'' in the new entries. -n Do not actually change the module search path. -r Display the current search path. This option cannot be used if any paths are also specified. -S sysctlname Specify the sysctl name to use instead of the default kern.module_path. -U ``Unique-ify'' the current search path - if any of the directories is repeated one or more times, only the first occurrence remains. This option implies -m. -v Verbose output: display the new module search path. If the path has been changed, and the -v flag is specified more than once, the old path is displayed as well. FILES
/boot/kernel, /boot/modules, /modules The default module search path used by the kernel. EXIT STATUS
The kldconfig utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
kldload(2), kldload(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The kldconfig utility first appeared in FreeBSD 4.4. AUTHORS
Peter Pentchev <roam@FreeBSD.org> BSD
June 15, 2001 BSD