Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Android Tiger to Leopard Upgrade on PPC Post 302456717 by Neo on Saturday 25th of September 2010 11:47:23 AM
Old 09-25-2010
Tiger to Leopard Upgrade on PPC

Anyone upgraded OSX from Tiger (v 10.4.11) to Leopard (v. 10.5.8) on PowerPC G5 hardware?

I need to upgrade my iMac to Leopard so I can install the current version of Eclipse and the Android development plug-in for Eclipse. I can't find a way to get this working on Tiger, so I need up upgrade to Leopard.

The Android SDK is not supported on PPC, but the Android Eclipse plug-in should work, I hope!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

UNIX executables on Mac OS X Tiger

Question: Can I run a UNIX executable on Mac OS X Tiger? If so, how is it done? Background: I FTP'd my schools UNIX server some C++ code and header files. Then I used Telnet to get g++ to compile them. I then FTP'd the UNIX executable back to my PowerBook G4. I've already... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thorninc
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing gdm on mac os x tiger

I was installing gdm on the terminal application and my ISP disconnected. When I reconnected and tried to continue the installation, I got the following message: Waiting for lock on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrianzen
0 Replies

3. Programming

help on compiling a C program on Tiger

here is the very simple bob.c: main() { printf("hello"); } i use tiger and i use the command: gcc bob.c and the end result: bob.c: In function ‘main': bob.c:3: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function /‘printf' any help appreciated, i'm just starting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
4 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with Compiling C on Tiger

I've downloaded Xcode and i've done : which "gcc" which "ggc-4.0" and which "c99" all were found in /usr/bin/ however with the script #include <stdio.h> main() { printf("hello, world\n"); } and when I, in command line use the command while in my home dir: gcc cprog.c -o cprog (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
4 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

TARA Tool (Tiger)

Hi everybody. Im a starter on Unix systems.. i need check some security issues on UNIX server something like: ports, last patches, users acount, etc. I need do that, before the server wil be on production enviorement. i Found a tool that i guess does that... TARA. Somebody works with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaq
0 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Install X11 Tiger on Leopard

Hi! A bug on X11 leopard prevent me from using a program through ssh channel. My unix guru suggest me to install X11 tiger, in which the bug is absent. So I tried to follow the step given by Ben Byer. My problem is simple, the first step : sudo launchctl unload -w... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipi
4 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Mac OS X Tiger Password Storage

Are Mac OS X 10.4.11 Tiger passwords only stored in /var/db/shadow/hash? Or is it also used in NetInfo? The reason I am asking is because I wonder if I edit the file in /var/db/shadow/hash and replace the hash inside with my own, will it change the password? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ricardo-san
0 Replies
TIGERCRON(8)						      Administrator Commands						      TIGERCRON(8)

NAME
tigercron - Cron utility for Tiger UNIX Security Checker SYNOPSIS
tigercron [controlfile] [-B basedir] [tigeroptions...] DESCRIPTION
Tigercron is used to run periodically checks from the Tiger UNIX Security Checker. Tigercron reads a control file which is usually located in '/etc/tiger/cronrc' although it can also be specificied as the first argument when calling the program. The format of this control file is the same as for the cron program, each line indicates when different checks from Tiger will be run. The user can indicate where Tiger is installed through the -B basedir parameter, any other additional options provided in the command line will be passed on to configure to configure Tiger based on them (as described in tiger (8)). Tigercron runs the specified checks and compares their reports with previous stored reports (under /var/log/tiger). It will then mail the user defined in '/etc/tiger/tigerrc' (Tiger_Mail_RCPT) the results. When a module is run, tigercron checks: o If Tiger_Cron_Template is set to Y in tigerrc. If it is, it checks if there is a template stating which are the expected results. o If Tiger_Cron_CheckPrev is set to Y in tigerrc. If it is, it checks if there is a previous run of the module it can check against. A differential report is generated depending on the module reports and previous run and is sent through e-mail. These reports provide an easy way to detect intrusions even if no configuration of templates has been done. In the event of an intrusion a Tiger check might detect something specific (file changes, new processes, new users, etc.) and this alert mechanism provides a way to turn Tiger into a Host Intru- sion Detection System (HIDS). The ability of it to work as a proper HIDS is based on a good customization of the cronrc file. Modules that check events to which the host is most exposed to should be run often in order to detect deviations from normal behaviour. OPTIONS
Tigercron uses the same options as Tiger. A controlfile can be defined also to override the default. FILES
/etc/tiger/tigerrc Configuration file for the Tiger tool. /etc/tiger/cronrc Configuration file for the Tigercron tool. /var/log/tiger Location of the log messages generated by Tiger when run through cron /var/lib/tiger/work Working directory used by Tiger scripts to create temporary files. SEE ALSO
tigexp(8),tiger(8),cron(8),crontab(5) The deficiencies of using tigercron as a HIDS are described in the file README.hostids which is provided with the package. In Debian GNU/Linux you will find this (and other related) documentation at /usr/share/doc/tiger/ BUGS
Currently Tigercron has only one alert mechanism (mail) and signatures are not supported. Thus, alerts could be faked. Also, it is depen- dant on cron and will not work if cron is not working. AUTHOR
This manpage was written by Javier Fernandez-Sanguino. Security 19 September 2003 TIGERCRON(8)