Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Android Mini Review: Samsung Galaxy S (Android 2.1) v. Nokia E63 Post 302455891 by figaro on Wednesday 22nd of September 2010 04:21:48 PM
Old 09-22-2010
Very useful post, since we are about to upgrade to a newer generation of smartphones in the company. We have been very happy with Samsung overall.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Mini Review: SliceHost v. Linode Customer Service

This weekend I planned to set up two OpenX servers to serve some rotating images to the forums. First, I signed up with SliceHost. Working outside of the US, SliceHost naturally required some additional information. They emailed me with 15 minutes of signing up asking for more information to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Mini Review: SliceHost v. Linode Ubuntu 9.10 Setup

October 2010 Update: Linode Versus Slicehost – One Year Later A few days ago I posted Mini Review: SliceHost v. Linode Customer Service. At that time, I was going to cancel my account with Linode based on problems during the sign-up period. However, Linode asked me to give them another... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

3. Android

can I upgrade samsung galaxy SII to android 4

I am thinking of buying samsung galaxy S II. I would like to know, does this phone capable to support ICS ? Because I am not sure if to buy now and just upgrade the phone to then next OS or should I wait to but the next phone version? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
3 Replies

4. BSD

Connecting a samsung galaxy siii to freebsd

I am connecting a samsung smartphone (galaxy s3) to a freebsd machine. It does not automatically mount. When plugging this machine in, the following message appears: ugen 7.2: <SAMSUNG> at usbus7 When disconnecting, the following message appears: ugen 7.2: <SAMSUNG> at usbus7 (disconnected)... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
13 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

My Experience: Samsung Galaxy Phones versus the iPhone6

Just a quick note and not really a detailed review of mobile phones.... I have been a Samsung Galaxy owner since the first Galaxy S came out on the market. On a daily basis I work on two MacBook Air computers; but I wanted the openness of an Android phone; so I bought the Galaxy S, Galaxy S2,... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
FSOUSAGED(1)						      General Commands Manual						      FSOUSAGED(1)

NAME
fsousaged - FSO usage daemon SYNOPSIS
fsousaged DESCRIPTION
fsousaged automatically controls system resources like GSM, GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, Display or CPU. It's intended to be used on smartphones and is part of the freesmartphone.org userland. If applications need to use any of these resources they request it from fsousaged. Then the daemon will enable the resource until the applications release the resource. If multiple applications request the same resource fsousaged ensures that the resources stay enabled until all applications released the resource. Depending on the configuration fsousaged may put the system into suspend if the CPU resource is not requested. fsousaged loads its configuration from /etc/freesmartphone/conf/<platform>/fsousaged.conf (platform is detected via /proc/cpuinfo). If this file can't be found it will fallback to /etc/freesmartphone/conf/default/fsousaged.conf instead. The daemon will be started automatically by DBus, once a request is send to it, but can also be started manually. OPTIONS
fsousaged takes no parameters. AUTHOR
fsousaged was written by the FSO Team <smartphones-userland@linuxtogo.org>. This manual page was written by Sebastian Reichel <sre@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). AUGUST 28, 2011 FSOUSAGED(1)