Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cygwin/X11 issues on Windows 7 Post 302417158 by Corona688 on Wednesday 28th of April 2010 05:11:48 PM
Old 04-28-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScKaSx
(1) When I try to start from /cygwin/bin/startxwin.exe I get an error message through cygwin.
What error message?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

access windows titles of a X11 application

Hi, Do you think there a way to get the windows titles of an X11 application with multiple windows on AIX? I have only the application's process id, but I can use shell and C++ programming. I am looking for a hint/links to explore. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lolal500
0 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to config x11 and connect to solaris using vncviewer under Windows XP

dear bro. I using /usr/X11/bin/xorgconfig command configed xorg, and sync && init 6 but after restarted, used svcs -a to checked services status: maintenance 23:41:50 svc:/application/x11/xvnc-inetd:default How to solve this problem and connect to solaris using vncviewer under... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: P2Baby
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin X11 Packages

I see that I need these packages.. xorg-x11-base xorg-x11-bin xorg-x11-bin-dlls xorg-x11-devel xorg-x11-func xorg-x11-fonts xorg-x11-xwin xorg-x11-etc but in Cygwin 2.573 I do not see any of these under X11. Could someone tell me, do I have a wrong version of Cygwin or what? The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsells20
4 Replies

5. Solaris

No X11 windows from non-global zone

Hey everyone I have a solaris 10 install, with an extra zone installed. I am ssh-ing to it from a windows machine using putty, with Xming installed. I can get the global zone to forward the X11 windows fine, but when I ssh to the zone, it doesn't work, giving the error: Xlib: connection to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodvikings
1 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows 7 64 bit issues with X11

Hi, I was hoping that somebody could assist me with the following issue. I recently installed a windows 7 64 bit professional on a desktop with following specs: Intel Core i7 3.4Ghz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450. (Which was a upgrade of a xp 32 bit based system) Since I'm more... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristofvdo
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin Errors: Yaml Configuration issues

Hi everyone! Hope all of you will be fine. I am new to this forum. Well, I am trying to configure yaml-0.1.4 in cygwin on Windows 7. I have written the following command: *******/tmp/yaml-0.1.4 $ ./configure --prefix=/usr && make && make install and the following error appeared. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: imdalucky1
3 Replies

8. Programming

Visibility of X11 windows

Does anyone know if it is possible to check whether a window in x11 (using xlib) is visible or not? I tried XGetWindowProperty, but that doesn't work, because the windows host (dtwm on Solaris 10) does not support EWMH. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JenniferKuiper
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

X11 forwarding issues

Unable to get X11 activated on my login even after Unix admin has enabled it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomsayer1977
2 Replies
GENCAT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 GENCAT(1)

NAME
gencat -- generates a Native Language Support (NLS) message catalog file SYNOPSIS
gencat catfile [msgfile|- ...] DESCRIPTION
The gencat utility generates a formatted message catalog catfile from stdin or one or more message source text files msgfile. The file catfile is created if it does not already exist. If catfile does exist, its messages are included in the new catfile. The new message text defined in msgfile replaces the old message text currently in catfile when the set and message numbers match. The generated message catalog contains message strings that will be retrieved using the catgets(3) library call. These messages are dynami- cally loaded by the Native Language Support (NLS) library at run time. Error messages are grouped into sets, and a program can load a par- ticular set depending on which type, or language, of messages is desired. Message Text Source File Format The message text source files are text files in the format described below. Note that the fields of a message text source line are separated by space or tab characters. $set n comment Determines the set identifier to be used for all subsequent messages until the next $set or end-of-file. The n is the set identifier which is defined as a number in the range [1, NL_SETMAX]. Set identifiers within a single source file need not be contiguous. Any string following the set identifier is treated as a comment. If no $set directive is specified in a message text source file, all mes- sages will be located in the default message set NL_SETD. $delset n comment Removes message set n from the catalog. The n is a set identifier in the range [1, NL_SETMAX]. If a message set was created earlier in the current file, or in a file previously read by the gencat command, this directive will remove it. Any string following the set iden- tifier is treated as a comment. $ comment A line beginning with $ followed by a space or tab character is treated as a comment. m message-text A message line consists of a message identifier m in the range [1, NL_MSGMAX] and the message-text. The message-text is read until the end of the line or a quote character (if one is specified). The message-text is stored in the message catalog with the set identifier specified by the last $set directive, and the message identifier m. If the message-text is empty and there is a space or tab character following the message identifier, an empty string is stored in the message catalog. If no message-text is provided, and if there is no space or tab character following the message identifier, the message with the message identifier m in the current set is removed from the catalog. Message identifiers need not be contiguous within a single set. The length of message-text must be in the range [0, NL_TEXTMAX]. $quote c Sets an optional quote character to be used around the message-text. The quote character c may be any character other than white space. If this is specified, then messages must begin and end with the quote character. This is useful when messages must contain leading white space. By default no quote character is used. If an empty $quote directive is specified, then the current quote character is unset. Empty lines and leading blanks in a message text source file are ignored. Any line beginning with any character other than those described above is ignored as a syntax error. Text message strings may contain any characters and the following special characters and escape sequences. Description Symbol Sequence newline NL(LF) horizontal tab HT vertical tab VT v backspace BS  carriage return CR form feed FF f backslash \ bit pattern ddd ddd A bit pattern, ddd, consists of a backslash followed by one, two, or three octal digits representing the value of the character. The cur- rent quote character, if defined, may be escaped with a backslash to generate the quote character. Any character following the backslash ('') other than those specified is ignored. A backslash at the end of the line continues the message onto the next line. The following two lines are an example of such a message: 1 This message continues on the next line Producing the following message: 1 This message continues on the next line EXIT STATUS
The gencat utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
catclose(3), catgets(3), catopen(3), nls(7) AUTHORS
The Native Language Support (NLS) message catalog facility was contributed by J.T. Conklin <jtc@NetBSD.org>. This page was originally writ- ten by Kee Hinckley <nazgul@somewhere.com>. BSD
December 29, 2011 BSD