Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Host Key verification failed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Host Key verification failed Post 302411986 by ahamed on Saturday 10th of April 2010 02:25:23 PM
Old 04-10-2010
Host Key verification failed

Hi,
I am running a script to scp a file from one server to another.
I have created the public/private key and copied the public key to the other server and appended it to authorized_key file.
But i am getting the error message saying "Host Key verification failed" Connection lost.
It works well with another server.
I found another file saying known_host. Dose i have to do something with it.
I am running the script in cron as root user.

Regards,
Ahamed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Signiture verification failed

Hello, I am new to Solaris. I've installed Solaris 10.0 and trying to apply all patches. On Java Desktop, I've applied almost all patches but some of patches should be applied manually on the command line. The patches -should be applied manually on terminal- are downloaded by Sun Update... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XNOR
1 Replies

2. AIX

installp -C error: 'bosboot verification failed'

Hi, I'm a noob with AIX, can anybody help me solve this issue I'm stuck with on an 5.3 box. bash# installp -C 0503-409 installp: bosboot verification starting... 0503-497 installp: An error occurred during bosboot verification processing. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thebytegrill
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RSA host key addition

Guys How do i add RSA key for a host ? I was able to connect to a host some time back but now its not connectable ,via SSH. Message i get is : abhi@myHost:~/.ssh> ssh eatcid@yourHost @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

host key issue via java

Hi, I am encountering below mentioned exception when I execute my Java program that is supposed to SFTP the file from one server over to another. Can you please tell me some pointers to resolve this issue? Exception HostName- 10.1.1.1 ; userName- bmsftp log4j:WARN No appenders could be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant.ladha
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Host key verification failed in openssh

Experts, We are trying to make a key-based authentication from Server A to Server B. Server A is installed with openshh. Server B runs "Sun_SSH_1.1". Server A's rsa2 public key has been added into the server B's authorized_keys. We are sure that permission settings of the files and folders in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rprajendran
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris logs - Tracking failed attempts from my host

Hey all I'm having a big problem here. Someone is attempting an SSH to a destination host on which an account resides and locking the account. I'm trying to determine who is performing the SSH attempts from my host. For instance they're logged in as their standard account but then (I'm assuming)... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaindotC
13 Replies

7. Solaris

Need to recover/move diskgroup from failed host to another host

Hi All I am having VxVm on two Solaris hosts. host1 is using disk group dgHR. right now this server went down due to hardware fault. Not I need to import this dgHR into host2 server. Please let me know the procedure for the same. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amity
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Ssh between servers - No DSA host key is known

It seems I can do ssh <IP> but not ssh <hostname> If I try to ssh to hostname I get the error - No DSA host key is known for host1 and you have requested strict checking. Host key verification failed. Where do I set up the DSA keys? Is it ssh_known_hosts? Assume afterwards I can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
3 Replies

9. AIX

Ping to remote host failed

Actually. I was getting a ping to remote host failed for one of my etherchannel. When I checked it was in backup adapter and again I use to faileover and brought to primary channel. But it was again going to backup channel and giving me the alert ping to remotehost failed. When I checked the load... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohamed Thamim
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Host key verification failed error

HI i am getting host key verification failed error. # cat id_rsa.pub | ssh root@10.110.51.245 'cat >> .ssh/authorized_keys;exit;' cat: id_rsa.pub: No such file or directory @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @ WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED! ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
3 Replies
FETCHFILE(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					      FETCHFILE(7)

NAME
O-SAFT / fetchfile DESCRIPTION
Introduction With the server protocol extension O-SAFT (Offer Simple Asynchronous File Transfer) and the matching client fetchfile there is an easy method of retrieving files from a SAFT server. This is a direct analogy to the SMTP and POP or APOP protocol suite in the world of e-mail transfer. Overview: - How does O-SAFT/fetchfile work? - What to do on the client side? - What to do on the server side? - How about security issues? How does O-SAFT/fetchfile work? O-SAFT is an extension to the existing SAFT protocol and allows athenticated clients to retrieve files from a (remote) server. The imple- mention is the server sendfiled and the client fetchfile. O-SAFT uses a dedicated pgp key pair to authenticate the fetchfile session. The private key will be kept on the client side, the public key must tbe present at the server side. For security reasons this will NOT be your regular e-mail pgp key pair, but a separate pair of pgp keys, uniquely assigned for fetchfile transfers. You will have to create a pair of pgp keys for this purpose befor using the fetchfile client for the first time (see below). Fetchfile can provide a directory listing of available files from the server, retrieve files or delete files. After retrieving a file, it will be placed in the regular spool directory, not in the current directory! You will have to use the receive command to transfer the files from the spool directory to your current directory afterwards. If there already exists a regular sendfile spool directory /var/spool/sendfile on the client side it will be used, otherwise a $HOME/.sfspool will be created. Fetchfile will be running without using root permissions on the client side. What to do on the client side? You must have pgp-2.6.x installed and the binaries must be available through your $PATH environment variable. First, and ONLY ONCE before using fetchfile the very first time, you have to create a fetchfile pgp key pair (only pgp-2.6.x is sup- ported!): fetchfile -I Please only hit 'ENTER' when being asked for a pass phrase! This will create a special non-passphrase protected key pair for O-SAFT. After this initialization you will have a file /var/spool/sendfile/$USER/config/public.pgp resp. $HOME/.sfspool/public.pgp Please send this file to root@SAFT-server, who has to save this public key file into the appropiate user configuration directory. Example: sendfile -c 'my O-SAFT puplic key' /var/spool/sendfile/$USER/config/public.pgp root@bofh.belwue.de (This prelimary action will enable you to use the SAFT server and will prevent othes from abusing your name or SAFT-account on the server.) After preparing the pgp keys an both sides, you can invoke fetchfile on a regular basis: fetchfile -l list files on the server fetchfile -a retrieve all files from server fetchfile -daf *aol.com delete all files from the AOL domain There is a detailed description of all capabilities in the fetchfile(1) man page. For configuring the server SAFT account by the client user there are two options: fetchfile -Cw=config fetchfile -Cw=restrictions Using this the two local configuration files will be transfered from the local current directory to the SAFT server. The details of the configuration can be found in the sendfile(1) man page. With using fetchfile -Cr=config fetchfile -Cr=restrictions the files will be retrieved back and will be displayed to STDOUT. What to do on the server side? pgp-2.6.x must be installed. The system adminsitrator needs to run sfdconf -e config add set the following option: fetchfile = on The system administrator must create a user account (if it does not yet exist). This account does not need an interactive login shell and does not need a valid password; the login shell could be /bin/false. The only purpose is to enable the sendfiled to check out the user and to create a local spool directory (this method is well known for creating POP mail accounts). The client user will create the initial pgp key pair and the public key (public.pgp) will be sent to the system administrator of the server. This key has to be placed into the config directory for the particular user. Assuming the user name is bozo, the system adminis- trator will have to type the following (under root permissions): receive -f bozo@* -b bozo public.pgp su bozo cd /var/spool/sendfile/bozo/config receive public.pgp (the first receive resends the file public.pgp from the sender bozo@* to the local user bozo) How about security issues? O-SAFT uses a tcp challenge/response authentication with a pgp signature. This opens the possibility that the session can be attacked through tcp hijacking. We are well aware of this, but tcp hijacking is not easy and only possible if the attacker has direct access to the transport media (e.g. listening on the same ethernet cable/segment) and has access to a set of pretty nice cracker tools. With regular operating system supplied software it is not possible to attack a session. SEE ALSO
sendfile(1), fetchfile(1), sendfiled(8). AUTHOR
Ulli Horlacher - framstag@rus.uni-stuttgart.de translated by andreas@citecs.de 3rd Berkeley Distribution FETCHFILE(7)