Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX [Solved] How to determine that you have 2 disks mirrored ? Post 302408342 by agn on Monday 29th of March 2010 08:54:14 AM
Old 03-29-2010
If on linux you'll see devices named md* on df(1) if you have RAID configured.

Oops, didn't see that it was on HP-UX .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

checking to see if logical disks are mirrored.

I have AIX 5.1 I ran these commands and was not able to see what disk were mirrored to what. I thought this is what I should do? lslv -m rd |more lslv -m db |more I get a error stating that it can't find or in the device configuation databse. Is there another way to look? I have a physcal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rocker40
1 Replies

2. AIX

Mirrored disk.....

How do I know, which all disks are mirrored? any command? Bala (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Creating an image of a mirrored disks

Hi guys, I havent done this before but iam trying to create an image of a mirrorred drive. Correct me if iam wrong, but when i have two disks setup in raid configuration and have them mirrored in solaris. It then defines at one entity. How would i create a "flar" image of that one entity... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tlee
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Backup for HW Mirrored Disks

We use SW mirroring (RAID1) using SVM for our SUN servers (which we OEM to end clients with our application on). When I need to make a tape backup for the server (disk), I disable mirroring and perform backup of the entire disk to tape using ufsdump. This process requires an outage and sensitive as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to create multiple-boot system with disks mirrored(RAID1+0) and disk alone

I have a HP proliant ML 570 G3 with two 146GB disk drives mirrored(RAID1+0) windows server 2003 was installed on that disk. I will add a disk.(scsi 300GB) I will install Linux on that additional disk. I want to create multiple-boot system. Is it possible? I wanna know how to create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

To identify if local disks are mirrored

Hello All, Am trynig to identify if the local HD's on our BL860 (running 11v3) are indeed mirrored to each other. Cheers, Cameron (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Are my disks mirrored ?

# metastat d1: Mirror Submirror 0: d11 State: Okay Submirror 1: d12 State: Okay Pass: 1 Read option: roundrobin (default) Write option: parallel (default) Size: 14582208 blocks (7.0 GB) d11: Submirror of d1 State: Okay Size: 14582208 blocks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to determine the physical volume fo the disks

This is the report I got running the comand rptconf, but I would like to know what is the capacity of the disks installed into our server power 6 with AIX System Model: IBM,7778-23X Machine Serial Number: 1066D5A Processor Type: PowerPC_POWER6 Processor Implementation Mode: POWER 6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cucosss
6 Replies

9. HP-UX

[Solved] How to extend a mirrored logical volume?

Want to extend the /home filesystem: Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol4 262144 260088 2056 99% /home root@server:./root # vgdisplay vg00 --- Volume groups --- VG Name /dev/vg00 VG Write Access read/write VG Status available Max LV 255 Cur LV 11 Open... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

10. Solaris

How to determine if i have spare disks in Solaris?

Hi Guys, obviously new to SOLARIS SUN SPARC 5.10 I would really appreciate if you help me see how to find free disks available in my system. Like i am a linux admin. If i want to grow a file system in linux. I would first have a look at my volume groups to see if they have free PEs if not then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aiqbal
2 Replies
ASR(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    ASR(4)

NAME
asr -- driver for Adaptec I2O based SCSI/ATA host bus adapters SYNOPSIS
device asr DESCRIPTION
The Adaptec asr driver provides access to disks and disk arrays controlled by I2O based host bus adapters and SmartRAID SCSI RAID adapters through the standard SCSI disk da(4) interface. The supported adapters provide 64 bit PCI, Compact PCI, Zero Channel PCI, and up to four channels of Ultra2, Ultra 160, or Ultra320 SCSI, or two channels of 1GB Fibre. All support RAID-0, RAID-1, RAID-10, RAID-5 and RAID-50 arrays. All SCSI target types are supported. For the ATA based controllers, one IDE drive per channel is supported. Hot-swapping of IDE drives is not supported at this time. All host bus adapters must be configured before they can be used with any operating system. Please contact Adaptec directly to obtain the latest information on configuration utilities for the adapters. Currently there are both a Motif based GUI configuration utility and a CLI based configuration utility available from the Adaptec Web site. The cards and arrays can also be configured via the BIOS based configura- tion tool (SMOR). HARDWARE
The adapters currently supported by the asr driver include the following: o Adaptec Zero-Channel SCSI RAID 2000S, 2005S, 2010S, 2015S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 2100S, 2110S o Adaptec ATA-100 RAID 2400A o Adaptec SCSI RAID 3200S, 3210S o Adaptec SCSI RAID 3400S, 3410S o Adaptec SmartRAID PM1554 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM1564 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM2554 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM2564 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM2664 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM2754 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM2865 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM3754 o Adaptec SmartRAID PM3755U2B / SmartRAID V Millennium o Adaptec SmartRAID PM3757 o DEC KZPCC-AC (LVD 1-ch, 4MB or 16MB cache), DEC KZPCC-CE (LVD 3-ch, 64MB cache), DEC KZPCC-XC (LVD 1-ch, 16MB cache), DEC KZPCC-XE (LVD 3-ch, 64MB cache) -- rebadged SmartRAID V Millennium FILES
/dev/asr* Adaptec SCSI RAID control nodes NOTES
The ATA based controllers present their devices as SCSI-like devices via CAM. For IDE drives attached to these cards, a subset of standard SCSI commands and mode pages are understood via translation performed in the card's firmware. SEE ALSO
da(4) HISTORY
The asr (Adaptec SCSI RAID) driver first appeared as the dpti2o driver under BSDi BSD/OS 3.2, then under FreeBSD 2.2.8 and was ported over to the CAM layer represented in 4.0. AUTHORS
The asr driver was kindly donated by Adaptec and is maintained by Mark Salyzyn <mark_salyzyn@adaptec.com>. This manual page was written by Mark Salyzyn and fixed up by Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
July 14, 2004 BSD