Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Where to download EIS-DVD?
Operating Systems Solaris Where to download EIS-DVD? Post 302351553 by webster5u on Wednesday 9th of September 2009 02:19:07 AM
Old 09-09-2009
If without EIS-DVD. Can we process install SunSolaris ourselve?
It is EIS-DVD is just for latest patching. Is it necessary update.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

File .profile-EIS

Where is the file .profile-EIS???:confused::confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flavio841
6 Replies

2. Solaris

EIS-DVD Version

how to know which eis-dvd version is installed on the system ? and is there a way to get EIS-DVD for March past year (2009) ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to Install EIS DVD for SPARC (solaris 10)

hello, i need to install eis dvd (recommanded patches) dvd for a client, but i don't know the procedure, can you please help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: feg
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///dev/dvd'

I am getting an error similar to this when I try to watch dvd's. Every program has a similar version of this. unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///dev/dvd'For VLC I have found a way to fix it. CD/DVD Drive not working VLC error (SOLVED) (Page 1) - Help & Support (Stable) - CrunchBang Linux Forums... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

5. Solaris

EIS Patch JumpStart

Dear Gurus, What is the proper method, steps and configs for me to perform EIS Patch installation through JumpStart Server-Client for Solaris 10? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisSquad
1 Replies

6. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies
dvdfs(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							  dvdfs(4)

NAME
dvdfs - The Digital Versatile Disk File System [This feature is not supported in Tru64 UNIX Version 5.0] STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: ISO/ITEC 13346:1995 Optical Storage Technology Association (OSTA) Universal Disk Format (UDF) Specification, "OSTA UDF Compliant Domain", Version 2.00. ISO 9660:1988 Information Processing-Volume and file structure of CD-ROM for information interchange. Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The Digital Versatile Disk File System enables the reading of disks formatted in the Universal Disk Format (UDF). User data sectors in a DVD-ROM can contain any type of data in any format. However, for Tru64 UNIX support through the dvdfs file system, the OSTA UDF file format standard is mandatory. The file system limit for DVDFS is int cfs_cdfs_mount_limit = 512. Additionally, DVD-ROM standards require that the logical sector size and the logical block (the user data block) size be 2048 bytes. DVD support in the UDF specification includes these levels: DVD-ROM (Read-only): Supports reading of UDF-formated files from DVD-ROM disks. DVD-R (Write-once): Supports the reading of UDF-formated files from a DVD-ROM disk and supports writing, one time, UDF-formated files onto a DVD-ROM disk. DVD-RAM (Rewritable): Supports reading and writing of UDF-formated files from and to a DVD-ROM disk. At this time, the Tru64 UNIX dvdfs file system supports only the DVD-ROM (Read-only) format. See mount(8) for information about mounting and unmounting a dvdfs file system, fstab(4) for information about including dvdfs file system in a system's /etc/fstab file, and disklabel(8) for information about labeling DVD-ROM disks. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: disklabel(8), mount(8) Files: cdfs(4) fstab(4) delim off dvdfs(4)