Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris command 'cc' failed even though gcc is installed Post 302334766 by aussieos on Thursday 16th of July 2009 11:26:20 AM
Old 07-16-2009
I ended up using a different python install (python 2.5 now) and creating a cc symlink:
ln -s /usr/sfw/bin/gcc /usr/local/bin/cc

The compilation now works but fails on linking:
Code:
<unknown>                           0x3c60      PyWCSTools/src/worldpos.o
<unknown>                           0x3ca8      PyWCSTools/src/worldpos.o
<unknown>                           0x3cac      PyWCSTools/src/worldpos.o
<unknown>                           0x3cd4      PyWCSTools/src/worldpos.o
<unknown>                           0x3cd8      PyWCSTools/src/worldpos.o
ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emacs & GCC not installed by default?

I just installed SUSE Linux 10.0 on my computer but when I typed " emacs & " and " gcc -c main.c" in the terminal, those programs couldn't be found. So the Linux install package does not install those programs by default? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whutes
2 Replies

2. Programming

g++ is OK while gcc is failed

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main(void) { cout << "hello" << endl; return 0; } I tried this: 1) g++ test.cpp -o test // It's OK 2) gcc test.cpp -o test // Failed /tmp/ccriZviL.o(.text+0x14): In function `main': : undefined reference to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: princelinux
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash command to get the name of OS installed

hi I want a bash command that can give me the name of the operating system installed on the local machine. Basically I will be using that for getting the name of the operating system installed on the target machine. Please reply me soon as possible Thanks Satish (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sateeshgauns
3 Replies

4. Linux

RPM used to installed to get a partcular command

Hi, I have a query in linux and please find the details of it I have a command in linux and i want to know which rpm has provided that command. ie: if we take ifconfig command ,i want to know what is the rpm package used to get that command. Regards Arun.Kakarla (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command to find when Linux OS is installed?

hey , Anyone knows command to find when Linux OS is installed? Date and time? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Help on gcc command

Hi All, I have added a gcc 3.4.6 package into Solaris 10 recently and I didnot receive any error on that. I have set the path of this gcc to /usr/local/bin I tried executing a simple Hello World 'C' program but I get the following error "bash: /usr/local/bin/gcc: invalid argument". ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
7 Replies

7. AIX

command to list all installed patches

hi all i need an command to list all installed patches in aix 5.3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Trouble with installed / not installed rpm unixODBC/libodbc.so.1

Hey there, i run 1: on my server (RHEL 6) and getting response that the libodbc is not installed. If i use yum for installation, it tells me, there is no package like this ( 2: ). Since in the description of Definiens is mentioned that the Run-time dependency is unixODBC (libodbc.so.1), I assume... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkirsten
2 Replies

9. Solaris

No cc/gcc installed on SunOS 5.10

Hi All: this work machine has no gcc installed, the only cc is located at: /usr/ucb/cc but this does not do a make, I get error: "/usr/ucb/cc: language optional software package not installed". Meaning cc is not fully installed, correct? I do not want to get root/sysadmin involved on... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
HARDENED-CC(1)							 Debian GNU/Linux						    HARDENED-CC(1)

NAME
hardened-cc - gcc wrapper to enforce hardening toolchain improvements SYNOPSIS
export DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1 gcc ... DESCRIPTION
The hardened-cc wrapper is normally used by calling gcc as usual when DEB_BUILD_HARDENING is set to 1. It will configure the necessary toolchain hardening features. By default, all features are enabled. If a given feature does not work correctly and needs to be disabled, the corresponding environment variables mentioned below can be set to 0. ENVIRONMENT
DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1 Enable hardening features. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_DEBUG=1 Print the full resulting gcc command line to STDERR before calling gcc. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_STACKPROTECTOR=0 Disable stack overflow protection. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_RELRO=0 Disable read-only linker sections. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_FORTIFY=0 Don't fortify several standard functions. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_PIE=0 Don't build position independent executables. See README.Debian for details. DEB_BUILD_HARDENING_FORMAT=0 Disable unsafe format string usage errors. See README.Debian for details. NOTES
System-wide settings can be added to /etc/hardening-wrapper.conf, one per line. The real gcc symlinks are renamed gcc.real, and a diversion is registered with dpkg-divert(1). Thus hardened-cc's idea of the default gcc is dictated by whatever package installed /usr/bin/gcc. SEE ALSO
hardened-ld(1) gcc(1) Debian Project 2008-01-08 HARDENED-CC(1)