Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX help auto starting app on boot Post 302326246 by KmJohnson on Wednesday 17th of June 2009 11:40:20 AM
Old 06-17-2009
thank you both. I am sure with the notes provided and the doc's referance I can get this resolved. Smilie happy days!! -KJ

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto Boot

Ok when i reboot my machine its a pain in the A** i do not have a monitor on it and i know its going to eventualy ask me to type BOot and then its going to ask me if i want to interact with the........ and then it will boot up fine... Hp UX 11i is what i am running and i would like it to boot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbutler3295
1 Replies

2. Slackware

starting up something on boot

I'm trying to bring up a database server when the linux 6.2 machine is restarted, in unix i can set up a Sxxdbstart script under rc3.d and run su user -c /path/to/my/script How can I do this in linux? I thought I could just run it under the rc.d/rc.local script and add it at the end of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to capture my app starting up.

This is the script for the cold backup that we get from mycat every time it goes down and up again. It's a huge email that we get and all within the body. Here is the dilemma; I would like to capture just the “”successful start up of the luminis app.”” I don't know if I need to do an “if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parente
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Auto fsck -y at boot

Does anyone know how or if its possible to automatically run fsck -y at boot if the initial fsck check finds that there has been data lost. Usually the initial fsck check will fix low level inconsistencies but if it finds that data has been lost it will put you into single user mode for you to log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazzy
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

error situation handling when starting app from a script

Hi, in my bash script I start 3rd party app that runs quickly normally and returns some data that I use later for processing. However if there are problems the app doesn't return anything and just hangs... then my script also hangs of course, awaiting for the app to comeback. Was wondering how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomSu
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
DVIPOS(1)                                                             ConTeXt                                                            DVIPOS(1)

NAME
dvipos - compute positions in a DVI file SYNOPSIS
dvipos [ OPTION... ] infile[.dvi] DESCRIPTION
dvipos parses a DVI file looking for pos: specials. It currently recognizes pos:pxy, pos:pxywhd, pos:pxyplus, pos:begbox, pos:endbox, pos:beglines, and pos:endlines. It then outputs the information from those specials along with information that only a DVI postprocessor could determine, such as the current x and y location. The output looks like: pospxywhd{text:54}{54}{10663sp}{8535sp}{21326sp}{34081sp}{0sp} and is suitable for including in a tex(1) or pdftex(1) auxilliary file, such as document.tuo, to be read in by the next run of the tex(1) or similar typesetting engine. OPTIONS
-h, --help print usage. -W, --warning print warnings. -v, --verbose print verbose output. -d, --debug print dvitype(1) debugging data. -s, --smashchars regard height and depth as zero. -o, --output=FILE send all output to FILE. Without this option, output goes to stdout. -b, --bbox[=FILE] send bounding box to FILE (default FILE is infile.pos). -f, --framed[=BASE] request copy of DVI file, BASE.dvi, with bounding boxes framed (default FILE is infile_frames.dvi). See the --framesize option. -m, --mag=INT override tex(1) magnification by INT. -w, --framesize=INT set frame rule size by INT (default 6554 = .1pt). -p, --pages=X:Y set page ranges from X to Y. USAGE
dvipos is run mostly behind the scenes by ConTeXt's texexec(1) between runs of tex(1) or pdftex(1), in order to provide information to and get information about positional graphics. These graphics are provided by the MetaFun interface to mpost(1). dvipos is not used (or needed) in PDF-output mode but is needed for DVI-output mode. pdftex(1) starting with version 1.40 can produce position information even in DVI mode, so once the ConTeXt macros take advantage of this feature, the need for dvipos will fade. Until then, here is a typical use of dvipos: dvipos notes.dvi The position information that is output is collected by texexec(1) to include in the notes.tuo auxilliary file to use in the next run. EXAMPLES
Extract positions from doc.dvi, with output to doc.loc: dvipos -o doc.loc doc.dvi Same as above, but also send bbox information to doc.pos: dvipos -b -o doc.loc doc.dvi Instead send bbox information to /tmp/debug.pos: dvipos -b=/tmp/debug.pos -o doc.loc doc.dvi SEE ALSO
dvips(1), dvitype(1), mpost(1), pdftex(1), tex(1), texexec(1). For more about positional graphics, see the MetaFun documentation on the ConTeXt wiki <http://wiki.contextgarden.net/MetaFun>. BUGS
If you specify a file for the -b option, you must join the option and name with = rather than (the more common) space: dvipos -b=/tmp/debug.pos notes.dvi works, but dvipos -b /tmp/debug.pos notes.dvi does not. AUTHOR
dvipos is written by Jin-Hwan Cho <chofchof@ktug.or.kr>. It is free software (GPLv2 or later). This manpage was written by Sanjoy Mahajan <sanjoy@mit.edu> and is in the public domain. dvipos 20070107 (KPATHSEA) January 2007 DVIPOS(1)