Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Bash]Function returning a boolean Post 302311726 by dolphin06 on Wednesday 29th of April 2009 11:09:47 AM
Old 04-29-2009
Alright thank you. I have another question though, now that i have my result is it possible to use it in another test in this way :

Code:
function_boolean
bool=$?
while [ $bool ] && [ boolean expression ]; do
  # ...
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

string returning function

I have two string returning function in ESQL/C char *segment_name(lbuffer) char *lbuffer; {..... and char *get_bpdvalue(f_name) char *f_name; {...... both declared above main() char *get_bpdvalue(); char *segment_name(); my problem is segment_name works on sprintf and strcpy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisc
5 Replies

2. Programming

create a thread from a returning function

hi all, my requirement is to create a thread by calling another function. i.e i dont call pthread_create directly from main, but by calling another function (createThd - below ), from main. Example: void *thread_function(void *arg) { /* thread function */ int i; rc =... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolwy_pete
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

returning from a function

Hi all, I am very new to BASH shell programming. I need to return an integer from a function to the caller function. I did this: but it keeps giving me wrong return: Can someone help me out here, please? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alirezan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning the name of function used

Hi All In my script, I can call on several functions. I have a logging function that is called by any of these functions. What I would like is some way of identifying which function I am using and pass this to the log function as some parameter. Is there some built in command or way of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpin2502
3 Replies

5. Programming

Function Returning Pointer

Hi guys. how a functions such fdopen, ... can return pointer? are these functions use static memory(variables)? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
6 Replies

6. Programming

Returning local string value from a function in C

Hi, If I have a code like this, what are the potential problems do you see? const char* const retString() { return "hello"; /* string literal */ } My questions are: a) Since the string literal which is already a constant read only data (cannot be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

boolean expression in bash

Can someone, please, help me to make this condition valid/accepted in bash? I really cannot. I'm stuck with the brackets... This one tells me: missing `]' if ]; then # NOTIFY ERROR... fi And... I'd also appreciate a link to bash documents that explain these things. All... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mamboknave
2 Replies

8. Programming

Malloc function returning NULL

Hi All, I am using malloc function for allocating dynamic memory. When I am using below code on Linux server its working fine, but When I am trying the same code on HP UNIX server its returning NULL. below is a fragment of code in which it is giving problem. tmp = (format_tree... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Taher Saifuddin
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using boolean expression Bash script

Hi, Im trying to write a Bash script that calculates the least common subnet for two address. Theoretical: I have to change IP from decimal to binary, then apply XNOR on the two IPs. I tried to write this: #!/bin/bash echo "Ebter the first ip" read ip1 echo "Enter the second ip" read... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miron
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Returning an exit code from a bash function

How to return a exit code from a function and use it in conditional? I tried the following but it does not seem to work. tests.sh: if test ./load.sh ; then echo "0" else echo "1" fi load.sh: return 1; from command line: $ ./tests.sh 0 I was expecting it to output "1"... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
17 Replies
PPIx::Regexp::Dumper(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   PPIx::Regexp::Dumper(3)

NAME
PPIx::Regexp::Dumper - Dump the results of parsing regular expressions SYNOPSIS
use PPIx::Regexp::Dumper; PPIx::Regexp::Dumper->new( 'qr{foo}smx' ) ->print(); INHERITANCE
"PPIx::Regexp::Dumper" is a PPIx::Regexp::Support. "PPIx::Regexp::Dumper" has no descendants. DESCRIPTION
This class generates a formatted dump of a PPIx::Regexp::Element object (or any subclass thereof), a PPIx::Regexp::Tokenizer object, or a string that can be made into one of these. METHODS
This class provides the following public methods. Methods not documented here are private, and unsupported in the sense that the author reserves the right to change or remove them without notice. new my $dumper = PPIx::Regexp::Dumper->new( '/foo/', ordinal => 1, ); This static method instantiates the dumper. It takes the string, PPI::Element, PPIx::Regexp::Element, or PPIx::Regexp::Tokenizer to be dumped as the first argument. Optional further arguments may be passed as name/value pairs. The following options are recognized: default_modifiers array_reference This argument is a reference to a list of default modifiers to be applied to the statement being parsed. See PPIx::Regexp new() for the details. encoding name This argument is the name of the encoding of the regular expression. If specified, it is passed through to PPIx::Regexp->new(). It also causes an "Encode::encode" to be done on any parse content dumped. indent number This argument is the number of additional spaces to indent each level of the parse hierarchy. This is ignored if either the "test" or "tokens" argument is true. The default is 2. margin number This is the number of spaces to indent the top level of the parse hierarchy. This is ignored if the "test" argument is true. The default is zero. ordinal boolean If true, this option causes the "ordinal" values of PPIx::Regexp::Token::Literal objects to be dumped. perl_version boolean If true, this option causes the "perl_version_introduced" and "perl_version_removed" values associated with each object dumped to be displayed. significant boolean If true, this option causes only significant elements to be dumped. The default is false. test boolean If true, this option causes the output to be formatted as a regression test rather than as a straight dump. The output produced by asserting this option is explicitly undocumented, in the sense that the author reserves the right to change the generated output without notice of any kind. The default is false. tokens boolean If true, this option causes a dump of tokenizer output rather than of a full parse of the regular expression. This is forced true if the dump is of a PPIx::Regexp::Tokenizer. The default is false. trace number If greater than zero, this option causes a trace of the parse. This option is unsupported in the sense that the author reserves the right to change it without notice. The default is zero. verbose number If greater than zero, this option causes additional information to be given about the elements found. This option is unsupported in the sense that the author reserves the right to change it without notice. The default is zero. If the thing to be dumped was a string, unrecognized arguments are passed to "PPIx::Regexp::Tokenizer->new()". Otherwise they are ignored. list print map { "$_ " } $dumper->list(); This method produces an array containing the dump output, one line per element. The output has no left margin applied, and no newlines. print $dumper->print(); This method simply prints the result of "string" to standard out. string print $dumper->string(); This method adds left margin and newlines to the output of "list", concatenates the result into a single string, and returns that string. SUPPORT
Support is by the author. Please file bug reports at <http://rt.cpan.org>, or in electronic mail to the author. AUTHOR
Thomas R. Wyant, III wyant at cpan dot org COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009-2013 by Thomas R. Wyant, III This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5.10.0. For more details, see the full text of the licenses in the directory LICENSES. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 PPIx::Regexp::Dumper(3)