Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix / Linux Dialog Utility - how to open 2+ more dialog windows ? Post 302301927 by fpmurphy on Sunday 29th of March 2009 09:24:54 AM
Old 03-29-2009
Another common dialog box utility is whiptail.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dialog output

is there a way to make dialog output chosen values to standard stream? or append to a file? thx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhinge
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HoHow to compile Linux dialog - "curses.h" missing ?

Hi, I tried native compile Linux dialog for Linux embedded device and got "curses.h" error message. As Linux dialog is already compiled and working as Debian .deb package (installed it). What is a way to import curses.h from other package sources to work for dialog sources compilation in my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darius2
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Running Dialog using Cron

Folks, I have a solaris 10 system. I am having trouble with cron to run a dialog command. When I simply execute below using a cron it does not work. I am new to the forum, please help me to understand it better. Thanks in advance. #!/bin/sh dialog --infobox "Please wait " 10 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wndgs
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to native compile Linux Dialog

Hi, as my thread has been moved to Debian. I don't run Debian machine. My machine is Linux embedded router - mipsel. Sources come from Debian, but Dialog sources are GNU, so no Debian specific. Native compilation vs. crosscompilation, exactly to let you know, that I don't run Debian... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
2 Replies

5. Linux

GUI for a Linux router - WWW or ncurses Dialog ?

Hi, Linux router is my only "full" Linux application. I native compiled and installed Linux Unix dialog utility. Dialog comes with a limited set of objects, called widgets. Some work fine, some need improvements. But what I really need is graphical interface to shell scripts run on my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack2
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

dialog utility

hi.. can anybody upload dialogue utility for linux 5.7... please.. its just under 1mb. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lftp with dialog

Hi all. I want to know, if there is any chance to pass lftp listing to CLI dialog. I want to make an interactive CLI ftp manager, based on lftp. Version of dialog I use: root@dlink:~# dialog -v cdialog (ComeOn Dialog!) version 1.1-20100428 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: n158
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dialog box

I know, I can run dialog command in my machine. But what I want to do is I wanna show the dialog box to some other Remote host. I connected to the remote system and used dialog command its shows the box in my terminal only. How can I display to that remote machine?? Any suggestions??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
3 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Dialog forms

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I need to create dialog interface for adress book i created a while ago but i don't know how to read info from forms 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: #!/bin/bash knyga="adresu-knyga.txt" dialog... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasisken
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dialog utility

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, started learning script before one month. I can't understand the below script. dialog --title "Inputbox - To take input from you" --backtitle "Linux Shell\ Script Tutorial" --inputbox "Enter your name please" 8 60 2>/tmp/input.$$ In this script they are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raj1983
1 Replies