Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: export DISPLAY
Operating Systems Solaris export DISPLAY Post 302295827 by jlliagre on Monday 9th of March 2009 05:16:27 PM
Old 03-09-2009
rsh doesn't tunnel tcp connections so it doesn't matter. This will work as long as host1 and host3 see each other and no firewall block X11.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

export DISPLAY and XPM´s

Hi! I´ve an application that runs in a Digital Tru64, exporting display to a Linux host. That application blinks a icon (in XPM mode) when the severity mode changes. When I put a backdrop(XPM, too) in that screen, the icons blink slowly. When I remove it, they turn to blink quickly. I have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: selina
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

do a export DISPLAY

hello to begin i sorry for my english because i'am french so: someone can explain me to do a export DIPLAY with a web page (php) i have test the php function exec (myscriptshell.sh) but he can't do the export diplay. if someone have a solution . bye (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_nul
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to export the Display variable

I'm trying to open an xwindow on my Sun server. What am I doing wrong? # echo $SHELL /sbin/sh # # export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0 DISPLAY=localhost:0.0: is not an identifier Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

export display of directories of remote machine

hi I wanted to export the display of all directories of home with their respective subdirectories and files if any on my local pc. this home directory is of some remote machine . using ssh remote login and then using struct direct i can just gate name list of directories . but not the display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhakti
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Cant export display from aix to solaris.

Hi Frnds, i face a peculiar issue. I am managing 200 Aix workstations and 20 sun boxes. I am not anle to export the display from aix workstations to sun box, But vice versa it is working fine. But if i try to export the display to a sun box from other sun box it works perfectly. Could... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Export Display Through Telnet & Xming

HI, HP-UX B.11.00 A 9000/785 (ta) I am trying to export a display using Xming & and Telnet (not SSH) but when I try.. $ DISPLAY=192.168.1.75:0.0 $ export DISPLAY $ xclock and get.. Xlib: connection to "192.168.1.75:0.0" refused by server Xlib: No protocol specified Error:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauly
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

export display

hello frnds, I want to export display of othe terminal to my terminal and want to post a msg, which should visible at other terminal, I tried myself, but couldnt get it plz help me to get solution (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sushant.pathade
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if export DISPLAY is set or not?

Hi All, I use "export DISPLAY=same_host:0.0" to set my export DISPLAY and it is working fine for me.. Problem here is I have developed a script for which i should run export DISPLAY prior to running my script.... so my script should check whether export DISPLAY is set or not.. if... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarty86
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies
rsh(1)							      General Commands Manual							    rsh(1)

NAME
rsh - Executes the specified command at the remote host or logs into a remote host SYNOPSIS
rsh [-dn] [-l user] remote_host [command] [argument...] The remote shell command (rsh) executes command at the remote_host, or, if no command is specified, logs into remote_host. OPTIONS
Turns on socket debugging (using setsockopt()) on the TCP sockets used for communication with the remote host. Specifies that rsh is to log into the remote host as user instead of the local username. If this option is not specified, the local and remote usernames are the same. Specifies that rsh is to ignore input from STDIN. Use this option if you put rsh in the background without redirecting its input away from the terminal. If you do not use this option in this situation, rsh blocks even if no reads are posted by the remote command. DESCRIPTION
The rsh command sends standard input from the local host to the remote command and receives standard output and standard error from the remote command. If you do not specify a command, rsh executes rlogin instead. If you do not specify the -l option, the local username is used at the remote host. If -l user is entered, the specified username is used at the remote host. In either case, the remote host allows access only if at least one of the following conditions is satisfied: The local user ID is not superuser, and the name of the local host is listed as an equivalent host in the remote /etc/hosts.equiv file. If either the local user ID is superuser or the check of /etc/hosts.equiv fails, the remote user's home directory must contain a $HOME/.rhosts file that lists the local host and username. For security reasons, any $HOME/.rhosts file must be owned by either the remote user or the root user, and should have permissions set to 600 (read and write by owner only). In addition to the preceding conditions, rsh also allows access to the remote host if the remote user account does not have a password defined. However, for security reasons, use of a password on all user accounts is recommended. While the remote command is executing, pressing the Interrupt, Terminate, or Quit key sequences sends the corresponding signal to the remote process. However, pressing the Stop key sequence stops only the local process. Normally, when the remote command terminates, the local rsh process terminates. To have shell metacharacters interpreted on the remote host, place the metacharacters inside (double quotes). Otherwise, the metacharac- ters are interpreted by the local shell. RESTRICTIONS
The rsh command is confused by output generated by commands in a file on the remote host. In particular, the messages, where are you? and stty: Can't assign requested address can result if output is generated by the startup file. EXAMPLES
In the following examples, the local host host1 is listed in the /etc/hosts.equiv file at the remote host host2. To check the amount of free disk space on the remote host host2, enter: $ rsh host2 df To append a remote file to another file on the remote host, place the >> metacharacters in (double quotes): $ rsh host2 cat test1 ">>" test2 To append a remote file at the remote host to a local file, omit the double quotes: $ rsh host2 cat test2 >> test3 To append a remote file to a local file and use a remote user's permissions at the remote host, use the -l option: $ rsh host2 -l jane cat test4 >> test5 FILES
Specifies remote hosts from which users can execute commands on the local host (provided these users have an account on the local host). Specifies remote users that can use a local user account. SEE ALSO
Commands: rcp(1), rlogin(1), rshd(8), telnet(1) Functions: rexec(3) Files: rhosts(4) rsh(1)