Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with su
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help with su Post 302291801 by Taranjeet Singh on Thursday 26th of February 2009 10:57:24 AM
Old 02-26-2009
Help with su

Hi,

I already tried using sudo but i don't have access to it,so that's why i am compelled to use it with su..

Is there no way out by which we can pass the password along with the username while using su....

mtailrc(5)							   User Manuals 							mtailrc(5)

NAME
mtailrc - Configuration file for monkeytail DESCRIPTION
A monkeytail configuration uses Apache-style syntax to declare "groups" of files to be tailed. Best explained with an example: <group testgroup> prefix 'server2: ' sudo yes <file> filename /var/log/apache2/access.log prefix 'server1: ' host server1.example.com </file> <file> filename /var/log/apache2/access.log host server2.example.com sudo no </file> </group> OPTIONS
All options can be either put inside a group or file block. Options inside a file block override those in the group block. filename filename filename defines the filename for this block. host remote-host (optional) host defines that this block's file is to be tailed on a remote server. sudo yes|no|1|0 sudo is a boolean specifying whether this file should be tailed as root. This option is supported for both local and remote files (in both cases you will potentially be prompted for your password). prefix "string: " prefix allows you to specify a short string that will be prepended to every line that is displayed for that given file. FILES
~/.mtailrc - user specific monkeytail config SEE ALSO
mtail(1), tail(1) AUTHOR
Martyn Smith <martyn@dollyfish.net.nz> mtail May 2008 mtailrc(5)