Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: untar
Operating Systems AIX untar Post 302263937 by shockneck on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 05:40:15 PM
Old 12-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by allwin
[...]
How can i untar a set of files in to different directory.
[...]
You might try pax:
Code:
# pax -rpe -f /tmp/samba.tar -s :^/samba:/newdir1/newdir2:g

Wrote from memory, but the above command sample should restore files from /samba into /newdir1/newdir2. Read the man page and adapt to your needs.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Untar to different location

Hi, I'm facing problem of untar'ing the tar contents with absolute pathnames to a different directory. Please provide me some hint on how to resolve it. Regards, Pradeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeep_desh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent....untar!!!

HI UNIX GURUS... I am facing the a similar problem which malaymaru has posted earlier raegarding untaring a file in some other specified directory.But the solution by UNIX DAEMON "Perderabo" seems little difficult to understand.(USING #pax -r -s '=^/opt/abc=/tmp=' < tarfile) So plz explain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul26
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

untar to a specified file

I have file1.tar and want to untar it under /server/file2. If I do tar -xvf file1.tar, the files will be deployed under file1. How to specify the destination folder?? thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

untar

i have try to untar the file in same location. But it gave the error # tar -xvf TSMSRVAIX5220.tar x tivoli.tsm.devices.acsls, 757760 bytes, 1480 media blocks. tar: 0511-169 A directory checksum error on media; 4011 not equal to 8222. How can i rectify this prob. Thanks in advance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash96453
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Untar problems

Hi, I am new to unix scripting. I have written a java program which will initialize a sftp connection and copy a unix script from my machine to a remote server. Then i initalized an ssh connection and i executed the script. This script contains a sequnece of commands and one of them is to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothg
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Untar remotely

I need to upload tar or zip files to a unix server than unzip or untar them remotely. Any suggestions on the easiest way to do the remote untar or unzip? For example does someone know of a cgi script or something? Thanks -jz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp, chown, untar

hello i want shell script. i have a source.txt /home/user409/public_html/test/ /home/user09876/public_html/xdsss/ /home/user9765/public_html/320xxx/ . . . maybe 1000 lines i want . 1.read a source.txt 2.untar special.tar.gz into these directory in source.txt 3.i want to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: topic32428285
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to untar file

Hello Experts, I have requirement in which a file is present in the folder_test. In that folder there is file called Test.tar.gz.20111102. Now my requirement is i have to rename this file to someother format and untar it.... folder_test Test.tar.gz.20111102 I am using the below... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to Untar

Hello, bash-2.05# tar -xvf sunos.tar tar: directory checksum error bash-2.05# file sunos.tar sunos.tar: data bash-2.05# Can someone please help me untar this. This is a Solaris 9 box. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigi_p5
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Untar fail

Hi Team, I have a file named as follows: aaa.tar.gz Now I need to verify if the untar fails, then the script has to send a mail. In order to check this condition, I need a tar.gz file which is unable to untar it. Can anyone help me to create a file which I will be able to unzip successfully... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
2 Replies
PMDASAMBA(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						      PMDASAMBA(1)

NAME
pmdasamba - Samba performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) DESCRIPTION
pmdasamba is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which exports metric values from Samba, a Windows SMB/CIFS server for UNIX. In order for values to be made available by this PMDA, Samba must have been built with profiling support (WITH_PROFILE in "smbd -b" output). This PMDA dynamically enumerates much of its metric hierarchy, based on the contents of "smbstatus --profile". When the agent is installed (see below), the Install script will attempt to enable Samba statistics gathering, using "smbcontrol --profile". INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names and values for the samba performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba # ./Remove pmdasamba is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba/Install installation script for the pmdasamba agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba/Remove undo installation script for the pmdasamba agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/samba.log default log file for error messages from pmdasamba SEE ALSO
pmcd(1), smbd(1) and samba(7). 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDASAMBA(1)