Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: disk image
Operating Systems Linux disk image Post 302259397 by ZG9 on Tuesday 18th of November 2008 03:13:56 AM
Old 11-18-2008
disk image

when i made image of my fedora9 disk it had 18 GB. my new drive has 60GB. How can i expand the installed image to fit the entire new disk?.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Disk image !!

Hi all, I have a SCSI hard disk drive (2GB) I'm installing on it solaris 5 and some other applications on a sun sparc workstation, I made an image file of this H.D using Norton Ghost 6, then I restored this image file on another H.D.D (4GB), I tried to boot the sun sparc workstation with this new... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wesweshahaha
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How to create a disk image

I have a whole bunch of solaris machines. How do i create an image so i dont have to keep doing a reload and. In the pC world we have ghost what about the solaris world? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
3 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Can't Mount Disk / Image after bad unmount

I have had a little issue with one of my disks, the usb cacble was pulled out and one of the external drives on it would no longer mount. I used First Aid and it verified and repaired both OK / nothing to do). After lots of messing around and not being able to mount I used Drive Genius 2 and that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cranie
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unattended disk image deployment?

Hi I need a system that allows a PC to PXE boot and then fully unattended deploy a diskimage created from a Linux system with identical hardware and then reboot when finished. I have been looking around but have not found a tool that is capable of doing this without too many bells and whistles,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smith0083
2 Replies

5. AIX

DR using a mksysb image on disk.

This may be a dumb question and the more I think about it the worst it seems!! I have inherited some standalone systems where they are using the mksysb command to create a disk file image; this image is then backed up to Networker. My dumb question is how would we go about restoring this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gz3xzf
4 Replies
BOOTCD2DISK(1)							   bootcd utils 						    BOOTCD2DISK(1)

NAME
bootcd2disk - copy a system running from bootcd to a disk SYNOPSIS
bootcd2disk [-i] [-s] [-c <config directory>] [-url <url>] DESCRIPTION
With bootcd2disk a CD build with bootcdwrite can be copied to one or more Disk Partitions from the running cd-based system. Therefore bootcd could be used to make rescue disks. It is also possible to let bootcd2disk automatically find a disk, make partitions on it, copy the cd to the disk and make the disk bootable. bootcd2disk will be available as soon as your system is running from cd. OPTIONS
-i With this option the complete bootcd2disk runs in interactive mode and you can run each function manually. This option is useful for debugging. -v The option "-v" (verbose) adds messages on running. -s This option can be used to disable interactive questions and to try to ignore errors. -c <config directory> The configuration directory which normally is "/etc/bootcd" can be changed with this. -url <url> If bootcd2disk is slow on your system (because of a slow CD/DVD drive or the HP ILO virtual CD interface), you can use an image server to get the image from. bootcd2disk use the SWAP partition of your upcoming system as temporary space and copy the image from the con- figured image server to this partition and use it as image. The image server url is configured with this option. example install from imagesserver: bootcd2disk -url http://192.168.1.1/cdimage.iso Another way the increase the performance is the use of the mounted CD/DVD itself for the copy. The option "-url" is the same, the url starts with "file:///" example install from CD/DVD drive sdc0: bootcd2disk -url file:///dev/sdc0 The swap partition of the upcoming system must have enough space to get the whole image! Currently no other options can be specified on command line. All other configuration has to be done in the config files. FILES
/etc/bootcd/bootcd2disk.conf Configuration for bootcd2disk. SEE ALSO
Documentation in bootcd2disk.conf bootcd2disk.conf(5), bootcd(1), bootcdflopcp(1), bootcdwrite(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bernd Schumacher <bernd.schumacher@hp.com> and Carsten Dinkelmann <Carsten.Dinkelmann@foobar-cpa.de> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). bootcd2disk 2007-04-04 BOOTCD2DISK(1)