Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Exit status
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Exit status Post 302233902 by MartyIX on Monday 8th of September 2008 06:08:03 PM
Old 09-08-2008
I've got operations: -gt -lt == ( ) -z -n
I'm working on it and I'll post it here tomorrow (It's midnight here) I hope I'll finish the most important things

Well, it doesn't have to be a complete replacement but the more the bette :-) It's a good for exercise...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar exit status

I am using tar to backup files to tape. When the tape is full, I'm prompted for a second tape and told to press enter when ready. When I press enter, tar stops and gives an exit status of 5. Does anyone know what this indicates? Also, if everything fits on one tape and the backup... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thorndike
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit status

i downloaded a text file from metalab.unc.edu called sh.txt and in this reference manual it refers to shell scripting exit status .. at the end of one of the examples that author gave an exit status of 127.. to what does a 127 exit status refer too and what is its purpose in the code. moxxx68 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with exit status

Hi, Consider the output of the following commands: case1) ------- # ifconfig -a | grep "UP" | grep uplink0:1 # echo $? Output is: 0 case2 ------ # ifconfig -a | grep "UP" | grep uplink0:1; echo $? Output is: 1 In case2 we got the exit code as 1, which is the actual exit code.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diganta
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking Exit Status

I hope one of you smart people out there can help me with what seems like a real simple questing but I can't quite figure out. In a script I am doing a cmp on two files. I am trying to check the exit status with an if statement but can't seem to figure out the syntax. If the exit status is 1 I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrimeRibAndADew
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the exit status

Hi all, I'm running a program which return 1 upon success. But when encounters problem shell return 's '1' . How to differentiate between them the shell return value and script return value. Ex. function fn return '1' if executed successfully and '0' if failed. But when if shell encounters... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yhacks
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for exit status

Hi I have following code I want If whole code executes successfully then return true If found any error then print the error I tried if ; then But this checks only for the just upper line execution #!/bin/bash PATH1=/var/log/mysql PATH2=/home/ankur/log FILE1=mysql-bin.index... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit status of grep

I am trying to get the exit status of grep and test a condition with it, But it does not seem to be working as expected since i am doing something wrong apparently as per grep help Exit status is 0 if match, 1 if no match, and 2 if trouble. My problem is something like this templine - a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasbala
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

service exit status

what are the number for the exit status for command service and what does every number mean. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit Status

I have a shell script (#!/bin/sh) that interacts with Appworx and Banner Admin. In my script I want to check the exit status of awrun before continuing. awrun can run for 10 seconds or it can run for over a minute. So my question is, will it go through my if statement before awrun may even be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smkremer
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to get the exit status

Hi All, I am trying to create a zip file with all the txt files(these are in large number) in the current directory. I am able to do this operation sucessfully. After this i want to get the status of the tar command executed and do accordingly. When i am trying with the below code, the status... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paddu
3 Replies
Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)

NAME
Date::Manip::Migration5to6 - how to upgrade from 5.xx to 6.00 SYNOPSIS
When upgrading from Date::Manip 5.xx to 6.00, a few changes may be necessary to your scripts. The Date::Manip::Changes5to6 document lists in more detail the ways in which Date::Manip changed, but very few of these actually entail changes to your script. It should be noted that once the changes are made to your script, it will no longer run correctly in 5.xx. NECESSARY AND SUGGESTED CHANGES
The following changes are necessary, or strongly suggested: Reading config files with Date_Init If you use Date_Init to read any config files (if you do business mode calculations, you probably do), you should remove all of the following config variables from your call to Date_Init: GlobalCnf=FILE PersonalCnf=FILE PathSep=* IgnoreGlobalCnf=* PersonalCnfPath=* and replace them with: ConfigFile=FILE where FILE is now the full path to a config file. Also, the ConfigFile argument should be the first argument in Date_Init. Date_ConvTZ The Date_ConvTZ function has changed. It should now take 3 arguments: $date = Date_ConvTZ($date,$from,$to); If $from is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. If $to is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. The date is converted from the $from time zone into the $to time zone. Both should be any time zone (or alias) supported by Date::Manip. The old $errlevel argument is no longer handled. ConvTZ and TZ config variables If you use either the ConvTZ or TZ config variables, you should replace them with either SetDate or ForceDate. See the Date::Manip::Config document for information. Other deprecated config variables Most of the deprecated config variables continue to function (though they will be removed at a future date). These include: GlobalCnf IgnoreGlobalCnf PersonalCnf PersonalCnfPath PathSep TZ Internal The following variables have been removed. If you use any of them, you may need to modify your scripts: ConvTZ TodayIsMidnight DeltaSigns UpdateCurrTZ today, yesterday, tomorrow If you parse the strings "today", "yesterday", or "tomorrow" in order to get the time now, or 24 hours in the past/future, this will no longer work. These strings now refer strictly to the date (so "today" is the current day at midnight, "yesterday" is the previous day at midnight, etc.). To get the time now, 24 hours ago, or 24 hours in the future, you would need to parse the strings "now", "-24:00:00", or "+24:00:00" respectively. Do not use Memoize In 5.xx, it was documented that you could use the module Memoize to speed up Date::Manip, especially when sorting dates. This information is no longer accurate. Using Memoize in conjuction with Date::Manip should have little impact on performance, and may lead to incorrect results, especially if you change config variables. Please see the Date::Manip::Changes5to6 (GENERAL CHANGES) document for more information. If you find other instances where it is necessary to modify your script, please email me so that I can add that information to this document. BUGS AND QUESTIONS
Please refer to the Date::Manip::Problems documentation for information on submitting bug reports or questions to the author. SEE ALSO
Date::Manip - main module documentation LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org) perl v5.12.1 2010-01-12 Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)