Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: per-process swap usage?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users per-process swap usage? Post 302230646 by bukzor on Saturday 30th of August 2008 01:22:16 PM
Old 08-30-2008
Here's a little more info. There's two classes of machines I'm concerned with.

$uname -a
Linux fub 2.6.18-53.1.13.el5 #1 SMP Mon Feb 11 13:27:27 EST 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

$lsb_release -a
LSB Version: :core-3.1-amd64:core-3.1-ia32:core-3.1-noarch:graphics-3.1-amd64:graphics-3.1-ia32:graphics-3.1-noarch
Distributor ID: RedHatEnterpriseClient
Description: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.1 (Tikanga)
Release: 5.1
Codename: Tikanga

>uname -a
Linux bar 2.4.21-37.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Sep 7 13:32:18 EDT 2005 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> [bgolemon@lslogin10] [Sat 10:20am] ~>lsb_release -a
LSB Version: 1.3
Distributor ID: RedHatEnterpriseWS
Description: Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 3 (Taroon Update 6)
Release: 3
Codename: TaroonUpdate6

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

swap space and cpu usage for an application

Hi, How do i get the swap space used and cpu usage for a particular application ? thanks una (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: una
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process cpu usage

Trying to come up with a command that will show all processes sorted from highest cpu usage to lowest. Any ideas? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwsmichigan
9 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Listing processes with swap usage

Is there any way to get list of processes which are taking maximum swap , my system is showing no swap space in /var/adm/messages and i 'm unable to pin down the process which is consuming max swap space. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
11 Replies

5. Solaris

how can i see which process is using how much of swap

hi guys i am new to opensolaris and i have installed opensolaris 2009.6 preview and i would like to know how much swap using each process currently..... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas2828
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate swap space usage in Solaris and converts it in Percentage

Hi Folks, I am looking for a way to write a script to calculate swap usage in Solaris so that the current usage will be shown in Percentage value. Thanks!! Based on 'swap -s' command # swap -s total: 1378936k bytes allocated + 1236880k reserved = 2615816k used, 2725104k available (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaapar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swap usage by top and free command doesn't match

Its rather confusing, the output of top command is below: The "swap" field of top is described by the manpage as: "The swapped out portion of a task's total virtual memory image." But the output of free command suggests something else and it does tally with the output of swapon... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Interesting swap usage

Hi We have 2 identical T4-1's running Solaris 10 8/11 patched to 07/2012. Both have 8G of swap allocated on the zfs root pool however a swap -s on one server shows 8G of swap available but on the other shows between 60 and 115G of swap available. Both servers have the same amount of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregsih
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Swap memory usage is high in Linux

Hi , There is one following alert . Message : cdm:Average (2 samples) swap memory usage is now 91%, which is above the warning threshold (90%) Here is my findings. Output of TOP command in Linux server. top - 14:21:44 up 6 days, 4:48, 1 user, load average: 2.55, 2.06,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Swap memory usage keeps increasing.

Hi the version is RedHat 6.2 (Oracle DB server) I don't know why swap memory usage keeps increasing... I used to check swap memory usage Free -m and another way. total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 32183 31861 322 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tom8254
3 Replies
FSG(1)									FSG								    FSG(1)

NAME
FSG - manual page for FSG lsb_release v2.0 SYNOPSIS
lsb_release [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
FSG lsb_release v2.0 prints certain LSB (Linux Standard Base) and Distribution information. With no OPTION specified defaults to -v. OPTIONS
-v, --version Display the version of the LSB specification against which the distribution is compliant. -i, --id Display the string id of the distributor. -d, --description Display the single line text description of the distribution. -r, --release Display the release number of the distribution. -c, --codename Display the codename according to the distribution release. -a, --all Display all of the above information. -s, --short Use short output format for information requested by other options (or version if none). -h, --help Display this message. FILES
If the installation is LSB compliant, the "/etc/lsb-release" file should contain the LSB_VERSION field. The value of the field should be a colon separated list of supported module versions indicating the LSB specification modules to which the installation is compliant. If the installation is not compliant, the above field should not be present. Optional fields are DISTRIB_ID, DISTRIB_RELEASE, DISTRIB_CODENAME, DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION and can be used to override information which is parsed from the "/etc/distrib-release" file. If the "/etc/lsb-release.d" directory exists, it is searched for filenames which are taken as additional module-version strings to add to LSB_VERSION. The "/etc/distrib-release" file contains a description line which is parsed to get information (especially on currently non-LSB compliant systems). The required line style is: "Distributor release x.x (Codename)" Where Distributor can be a couple of words, but then concatenated (i.e. Linux Foo BarLinux Linux -> FooBarLinux), x.x starts with a digit followed by any non-blank characters, Codename will also be concatenated (blanks cleanup only). release may not be used as a keyword in DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION if you don't want to override "/etc/distrib-release" data. Notice: To support the Debian distributions' lack of information (see "/etc/debian_version" file) some have been directly added into the lsb_release script. EXAMPLES
If the "/etc/lsb-release" file contains: LSB_VERSION="core-2.0-ia64:core-2.0-noarch" DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="I enjoy using my distrib" and the "/etc/lsb-release.d" directory contains: graphics-2.0-ia64 graphics-2.0-noarch and the "/etc/foobar-release" file contains: My Linux Distrib release 1.0RC4 (TryIt) Then the results of various options will be: $ ./lsb_release --all LSB Version: core-2.0-ia64:core-2.0-noarch:graphics-2.0-ia64:graphics-2.0-noarch Distributor ID: MyDistrib Description: I enjoy using my distrib Release: 1.0RC4 Codename: TryIt $ ./lsb_release -a -s 1.0 MyDistrib "I enjoy using my distrib" 1.0RC4 TryIt If the "/etc/lsb-release" file is absent (indicating this is not an LSB compliant distribution), the result will be: $ ./lsb_release -a LSB Version: n/a Distributor ID: MyDistrib Description: My Linux Distrib release 1.0RC4 (TryIt) Release: 1.0RC4 Codename: TryIt REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at http://bugs.linuxbase.org. Please include a complete, self contained example that will allow the bug to be reproduced, and say which version of lsb_release you are using. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000, 2002, 2004 Free Standards Group, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Originally written by Dominique MASSONIE. FSG lsb_release v2.0 June 2014 FSG(1)